997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Put your bets up. C6 Z06 vs. 997 TT!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 12:31 AM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
SCvet does not strike me as a "porsche basher" and I do not think he is posting this to bash on porsche owners. If he had lost I think he would have posted the results as well. If you read some of his earlier posts he was pretty civil about the race and did not come on here stating that he was here to smoke a new turbo. He was just as curious as all of us. I think we should lay off of him a little bit.

Again, I think people are getting bent way out of shape over a small drag race. I doubt any of the new 911 turbo owners are running to the nearest chevy dealer to trade their porsche in because it lost the drag race. I sure as hell am not going to trade my GT3 in.

However, I also think we really need to give credit where credit is due. I doubt most Z06 owners would take the Z06 over the 997 Turbo if both were offered to them for free, however, for almost half the price (if you can get one for mid 60's ) you can have a car that offers a lot of the performance. Chevy has obviously done a great job performance wise with this car and anyone who doubts that is absolutely out of their mind. There is a reason that the SCCA can not really classify this car and thats because they think that if they put it up against the vipers and porsches in T1 it would make it unfair. So lets give credit where credit is due, the new Z06 is FAST!

Old 07-05-2006, 03:57 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SCvet00
And I can also show you tests where the Z06 beat the 997TT. Your point?

You say I am stirring the pot! WHERE, PLEASE show me where? I came on here stating a race, AND THAT IS IT. I started to "Stir the pot" ONLY after some brand loyalists started to bash the Z06 SOLELY due to its brand. REREAD THE THREAD!!!

So truel, although people will refuse to believe it, even though its the TRUTH! Happy 4th everyone, be safe..

Old 07-05-2006, 06:04 AM
Tony (FL) is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SCvet00
And I can also show you tests where the Z06 beat the 997TT. Your point?
Can you post some links to tests where the Z06 beat the TT? I've only seen two so far, and the Turbo worked the Z06 in both of them.

Old 07-05-2006, 06:58 AM
monsoonmadness is infamous around these parts
Like I said 50 posts earlier, its a matter of which one you like. The Vette is a great car for the money and probally is within a hair either way of the 997TT. All I know is that I am driving my 997TT every day for a drive since I have it(2 days) and all I can say is that its a beast. Even though I did not really let anything out I can feel that the low end pull is so much greater than my 996TTs and if it has what the S had on top its gonna be a real fast car. As far as what the car offers as a drivers car is unmatched by any other car. I just spent half the morning going through the owners manual and its unbelievable how many things and sensors and **** like that are in the 997TT.
IMO the Porsche is a drivers car and should not be compared to a Hot Rod!! I agree with what a few people said about the Vette as far as being uncompfortable and loud and cramped. I drove my friend Vinnys car for about 20 miles and yes, its quick,but IMO the Porsche is a different car and does everything (not only speed) right.

Old 07-05-2006, 10:25 AM
ruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to behold
This is not a race....anytime you run a porsche with that low miles you are NOT getting its optimal performance. Beleive me...i have run many porsches that should of easily won...but due to the very low miles (<2000) non of them did.
Bottom Line: If that turbo was only a couple car lengths behind to 130 or whatever.......TT is/will be DEFINETLY faster after a few thousand miles!

Old 07-05-2006, 10:43 AM
SlowMotion is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BOYRACER
I'll admit, bang for the buck there is no way you can compete with it. I considered one, but could not bring myself to picking the "bowtie" over a porsche. I could care less how much faster it was. But that is just my personal preference. I saw a yellow on driving behind me the other day and it looked pretty damn exotic compared to the run of the mill C6
I know what your saying. Four 911's and then I got a C5 Z06 (reluctantly). That Z06 was of the funnest, most enjoyable cars I've had. It handled well and with headers, pipes, intake and a tune it ran 11.90's.

I just got an 05 Turbo S now, but I'm probably going to add a C6 Z06 (better build quality than the C5's). Then I will have two cars I totally love.

Old 07-05-2006, 11:26 AM
fayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura about
Where's the video?

Old 07-05-2006, 12:01 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BOYRACER
SCvet does not strike me as a "porsche basher" and I do not think he is posting this to bash on porsche owners. If he had lost I think he would have posted the results as well. If you read some of his earlier posts he was pretty civil about the race and did not come on here stating that he was here to smoke a new turbo. He was just as curious as all of us. I think we should lay off of him a little bit.

Again, I think people are getting bent way out of shape over a small drag race. I doubt any of the new 911 turbo owners are running to the nearest chevy dealer to trade their porsche in because it lost the drag race. I sure as hell am not going to trade my GT3 in.

However, I also think we really need to give credit where credit is due. I doubt most Z06 owners would take the Z06 over the 997 Turbo if both were offered to them for free, however, for almost half the price (if you can get one for mid 60's ) you can have a car that offers a lot of the performance. Chevy has obviously done a great job performance wise with this car and anyone who doubts that is absolutely out of their mind. There is a reason that the SCCA can not really classify this car and thats because they think that if they put it up against the vipers and porsches in T1 it would make it unfair. So lets give credit where credit is due, the new Z06 is FAST!
Another great post, young minds think alike

Old 07-05-2006, 02:23 PM
Banned
911mz is infamous around these parts
any videos?

Old 07-05-2006, 03:27 PM
turbodog is infamous around these parts
Yeah, uh, where are the videos? I was snooping around on the Vette forums and failed to locate them. I'd think that would be the first place we'd find it.

A win is a win, but without the evidence, it's all talk right now.

Old 07-05-2006, 07:25 PM
yemenmocha is infamous around these parts
So you admit to being a Vette snooper? :-)

Old 07-05-2006, 07:38 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 911mz
any videos?
Dude, I see you have a '03 Gt3 for sale? They didn't make an '03 Gt3.

Old 07-05-2006, 07:51 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
And he has a "Ruf Stage 4 w/ 588whp"

Old 07-05-2006, 09:03 PM
turbodog is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by yemenmocha
So you admit to being a Vette snooper? :-)
Of course, you know I went and drove the car at the dealership. I don't dislike the car, I just like the Turbo better.

Actually, I normally wouldn't be snooping, but over on Rennlist there was a controversial thread referred to on a vette forum that sparked my interest, so one thing lead to another ...

Old 07-05-2006, 10:02 PM
Banned
911mz is infamous around these parts
oops 02 I just created an acct not too long ago, it takes forever for the admin to add me on the list

Originally Posted by 9Eleven

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Put your bets up. C6 Z06 vs. 997 TT!!