997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Put your bets up. C6 Z06 vs. 997 TT!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 11:23 PM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ZLP
Or $25k into a 5.0 stang, who cares??Do you own a Porsche or are you just here to defend domestic cars?
Actually, I was not defending cars at all - I questioned PorscheC4's generalization that all CF members are idiots. He has subsequently explained his position and I appreciate that.

Originally Posted by PorscheC4
Im not a hater. like i said before, i happen to not like corvettes. my oppinion. honestly though, what i wrote about 'idiots' i should not have plurified because i was just venting about ONE guy who said something which i did not happen to like about Porsche guys in general. so i did not mean to condemn everyone who drives a vette as an idiot. in no way did i mean it like that, this is also for u 05997S. i kno people with corvettes, does that make me not like them, of course not. just not my choice of car. they have that ability to like them and i never said to trade it in for a porsche. if you get a 997, thats great! if u keep your vette, thats great too. the fact is we all love cars here and i wish u the best of luck in finding the right 997 should u happen to buy one.
I don't own a Porsche - so what? Is that a requirement?

I notice that guys on both sides of C6Z/997TT comparison get very stressed out. Too bad, they are both great cars.

Old 07-21-2006, 02:14 AM
Bobby G is infamous around these parts
That video of the ZO6 beating the 997TT was scintillating. Thanks SC. For nothing.

Old 07-21-2006, 06:55 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
[quote=HIRISC]Actually, I was not defending cars at all - I questioned PorscheC4's generalization that all CF members are idiots. He has subsequently explained his position and I appreciate that.

I dont know if this was targeted to me, but if i did not make it clear, it frankly doesnt matter if you have a porsche or not. obviosuly you are on this forum because u like, or want to buy, or are thinking of buying and thats great. like i said, we are all fans of cars, just some of us, like myself, have particular tastes as most of you do as well. glad things are cleared up.

Old 07-21-2006, 08:08 AM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HIRISC
Actually, I was not defending cars at all - I questioned PorscheC4's generalization that all CF members are idiots. He has subsequently explained his position and I appreciate that.

I dont know if this was targeted to me, but if i did not make it clear, it frankly doesnt matter if you have a porsche or not. obviosuly you are on this forum because u like, or want to buy, or are thinking of buying and thats great. like i said, we are all fans of cars, just some of us, like myself, have particular tastes as most of you do as well. glad things are cleared up.
Hey, sorry - ("I don't own a Porsche - so what? Is that a requirement"? was not directed at you..

ZLP wrote:
Originally Posted by ZLP
Do you own a Porsche or are you just here to defend domestic cars?
...and I was responding to that question.

Poor use of quotes on my part.

FWIW, I'm a gigantic fan of the 997TT - an amazing car.

You and me are

Old 07-23-2006, 04:56 PM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
I am renting out Capitol Raceway in Crofton MD towards the end of August/early september when the weather cools off and we are gonna have a bunch of high end cars there. If anyone local has a 997TT and wants to put this debate to rest pm me and I'll give you all the info on the track day. Its 1/4 mile track. Here's the list of cars I have compile din the past 3 days for the track:
1) New BMW M6
2) Kleemann Stage 4 600+hp CLS55
3) Dodge Charger
4) New Ford GT
5) 04 996TT 490whp
6) New BMW M5
7) 790whp Supra on pump gas
8) Possibly a Murci
9) 520whp C5 vette
10) C6 Z06
11) 10 second Cyclone (possible)
If anyone has a high end car and wants to run the 1/4 with a bunch of car nutz in Maryland let me know!

Old 07-23-2006, 09:04 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I am renting out Capitol Raceway in Crofton MD towards the end of August/early september when the weather cools off and we are gonna have a bunch of high end cars there. If anyone local has a 997TT and wants to put this debate to rest pm me and I'll give you all the info on the track day. Its 1/4 mile track. Here's the list of cars I have compile din the past 3 days for the track:
1) New BMW M6
2) Kleemann Stage 4 600+hp CLS55
3) Dodge Charger
4) New Ford GT
5) 04 996TT 490whp
6) New BMW M5
7) 790whp Supra on pump gas
8) Possibly a Murci
9) 520whp C5 vette
10) C6 Z06
11) 10 second Cyclone (possible)
If anyone has a high end car and wants to run the 1/4 with a bunch of car nutz in Maryland let me know!
I would love to do it man, never got to come down the first time, quite a drive but who cares!!

Old 07-23-2006, 10:29 PM
xandi911 is infamous around these parts
SC vett!

SCvett nothing against u.. but if u will never take the video tell us!
cause i cant enter in this topic more! please. thankss

Old 07-24-2006, 07:40 AM
masterlu is infamous around these parts
Someone, make it stop!!

Old 07-24-2006, 12:29 PM
bentley500 is infamous around these partsbentley500 is infamous around these parts
IF SCVette wont post a corvette video, then i will....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyU71...orvette%20race

Last edited by bentley500; 07-24-2006 at 02:49 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:48 PM
One day she will be mine.
elduderino is just really niceelduderino is just really niceelduderino is just really niceelduderino is just really niceelduderino is just really nice
Originally Posted by bentley500
IF SCVette wont post a corvette video, then i will....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyU71...orvette%20race
Oh man, thats messed up. Funny, but messed up.

Old 07-24-2006, 12:57 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
The Z06 is great looking from the outside, but what is GM's deal with not spending an extra grand or two and doing the interior properly. It is VERY plasticky and that Delphi radio is abhorrent. Finally, if the rear leaf spring was the best solution to suspension tuning, every car OTHER than a Corvette would use it.

It's hard to hate 505hp, tons of CF, and monster brakes for $65K (unless the dealer is marking it up $20K - gee, thanks GM for letting your dealers screw their most loyal customers). I like the Z06 - just FIX THE INTERIOR.

Old 07-24-2006, 12:59 PM
One day she will be mine.
elduderino is just really niceelduderino is just really niceelduderino is just really niceelduderino is just really niceelduderino is just really nice
I'm with Chris. Co-signed.