997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Put your bets up. C6 Z06 vs. 997 TT!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 09:56 AM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MGoBlue
Was it posted if the TT is a tip or 6 speed? 50-150 means you shift at least three times right? If equal drivers both on manuals I say Z06, but if the TT is a tip, you better be a good driver because all he has to do is plant his foot.
Yes, his car is a 6-speed. From 50 I will be in 2nd and I will only have to shift twice.

Old 06-30-2006, 10:15 AM
mishref is infamous around these parts
It would be interesting to see how a F430 or GT40 holds up in this competition.

Old 06-30-2006, 10:22 AM
JCS
JCS is infamous around these parts
Yikes, here we go again .
In a DRAG race based on weight and HP , I guess I'll have to go with the plastic garbage can to win by a nose.
Also , I think the Chevy has less drag. Lol

Attached Images   

Last edited by JCS; 06-30-2006 at 10:25 AM.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:29 AM
nberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SCvet00
That's right fellas. An acquaintance just took delivery of his new Silver 997TT. Car looks awesome. Much props to the new Turbo.

Him and I will be making a few roll on runs when he gets his car broken in, which should be soon. So, which car will prevail from a 50-150 punch? Put your bets up, as this will be caught on tape soon.

My vote: Z06..
If you believe some of the numbers given for the 997TT from 70-120 (with overboost) it will destroy the Z06. One magazine had the turbo doing it in less than 6 sec. All other cars 430, Gallardo, Z06 were in double figures 11's and 12's. Hang on to your pink slip.

Old 06-30-2006, 10:41 AM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nberry
If you believe some of the numbers given for the 997TT from 70-120 (with overboost) it will destroy the Z06. One magazine had the turbo doing it in less than 6 sec. All other cars 430, Gallardo, Z06 were in double figures 11's and 12's. Hang on to your pink slip.
Wow, I never knew a TT would be 6 secs faster from 70-120 than a Z06, Gallardo, and F430. Man, you are right, I better not race..

Old 06-30-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by JCS
Yikes, here we go again .
In a DRAG race based on weight and HP , I guess I'll have to go with the plastic garbage can to win by a nose.
Also , I think the Chevy has less drag. Lol
Ya, isn't it great? A "Plastic garbage can" that is on the same general performance level, if not more, of the TT's. Wow, I wonder what that would make a TT? Hmmm..

Old 06-30-2006, 10:48 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nberry

i'm pretty sure that time 70-120 was in top gear and the TT was an automatic so it had the obvious advantage

Old 06-30-2006, 11:04 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
iaAaron is infamous around these parts
I know which one I want to win but I really dont know which one actually will. It breaks my heart to see it come to this though. <O</OI went to a GM auto show im motion. basically a big auto x for all of their cars and their competitors, they had BMW, MB, Lexus, Acura and all other models and it was fun to keep going through the weekend cause the Gm car kept going away. In other words they were being killed!

Old 06-30-2006, 11:14 AM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Aaron
what does "being killed" mean??? Does this mean people were wrecking them or that the engine would detonate or loosing to the other cars in that event or???? Can you clear this up for me?

Thanks

Old 06-30-2006, 11:16 AM
MetalSolid is infamous around these parts
Z06 3200lbs 505bhp
TT 3600lbs 480bhp
Not much to debate; with your rolling start Z06 will be faster.

Old 06-30-2006, 11:21 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
iaAaron is infamous around these parts
The motors were blowing up! It was pretty funny to watch! I was in a Saab 9.2x or what ever it was. The Subaru thing, and just as I crossed the "finish" line. I herd a squeal and then all the warning lights came on and smoke, boy was there smoke. The car just sat there for about 45 min. before they just pushed it a-side. The first day (Thursday) there were 6 ssR manual's the third day there was one. and on Sunday there were none! I have not been able to look at that "truck" the same way again. They were not gone because of transmission or clutch related items it was the motors that were going! <O</O

Old 06-30-2006, 11:31 AM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
That surprises me as the 92X is the WRX Imprezza. I have heard nothing but great things from the Subie guys about the WRX. May I remind you that the ZO6 is not your run of the day Chevit over and let it lay Only time will tell what the ZO6 will end up being in automotive history….
<o> </o>
Back to topic my cash is still on the ZO6 and I am willing to take a "friendly" wager on it in a roll off race. .

Old 06-30-2006, 11:34 AM
JCS
JCS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SCvet00
Ya, isn't it great? A "Plastic garbage can" that is on the same general performance level, if not more, of the TT's. Wow, I wonder what that would make a TT? Hmmm..

Well , at least we both agree it's a plastic garbage can . Lol
Did I say it's a FAST plastic garbage can ?

Actually, on second thought , I probably would bet on the Porsche .
There is a better than average chance the Chevy will break it's drive shaft when trying to get going ( something to do with engineering I think )

Why don't you look up the definition of PERFORMANCE before you start comparing . Going fast from 0 - whatever does not "a GREAT car make"

I bet if Chevy were to strap a jet engine to a soap box , you would be in Drag Heaven and bragging about it's PERFORMANCE.

Old 06-30-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by JCS
Well , at least we both agree it's a plastic garbage can . Lol
Did I say it's a FAST plastic garbage can ?

Actually, on second thought , I probably would bet on the Porsche .
There is a better than average chance the Chevy will break it's drive shaft when trying to get going ( something to do with engineering I think )

Why don't you look up the definition of PERFORMANCE before you start comparing . Going fast from 0 - whatever does not "a GREAT car make"

I bet if Chevy were to strap a jet engine to a soap box , you would be in Drag Heaven and bragging about it's PERFORMANCE.
Who said the Z06 only has great acceleration? You must live under a rock. Let us take a look at the GENERAL performance aspects of the car:

Handling:
7:42.9 for the N-ring (On the runflats)

Braking:
60-0 in 98'

Acceleration:
0-60 in 3.4
0-100 in 7.5
0-150 in 17.5 secs

And I wont even get into the engineering aspect of the car. Then I might make you look really bad. Actually, I will just quote a TT owner after actually driving a C6 Z06, unlike most who just use the typical stereotyping:

"I traded cars with a friend last week- his C6 Z06 for my Turbo S. The Z06 is, as you said, an engineering marvel. I loved the car- I want one"- aj996TT

"the C6Z is by far the best sportscar that I've ever driven...I'd take the C6Z over the 996 Turbo S"- aj996TT

Now I am not saying the Z06 is the better car, but I am trying to shed some light on your stupidity, that's all..

Old 06-30-2006, 12:54 PM
bentley500 is infamous around these partsbentley500 is infamous around these parts
I think its pretty pointless to be going back and forth saying Car A is better/faster than Car B. Both are great and different people will have different opinions and they should just be respected.

RACE: After seeing a video of a C6 ZO6 vs. a gallardo from a roll, and seeing the recent video on autobahn of 997TT vs gallardo i think that its going to be very very very close race. Honestly, i think it can go either way, mostly depending on how well the drivers shift gears.

BD

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Put your bets up. C6 Z06 vs. 997 TT!!