997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Put your bets up. C6 Z06 vs. 997 TT!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 02:02 PM
JCS
JCS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SCvet00
Absolutely not the case. Look at my original thread and what I said about the new TT. Scroll down some and then look at who started making attacks first. I gave props to the Turbo, and then I get the usual ******bag(s) making typical stereotypes about the car and ridiculing it even when they have probably never experienced the car. That just gets old too fast.

I will pm you the links to the videos now..

I was going to respond, but I am ashamed .I am ashamed that this discussion is even taking place.
You are arguing over the fact that the Corvette( probably the best car we can produce here in the US ) with a SEVEN LITER V-8 engine ,
MAY,POSSIBLY,PERHAPS, beat a car of equal weight and an engine barely HALF it's size .
And then only by a hair , in a DRAG type race , down a straight line .

You mentioned performance ? you don't know the meaning of the word.

But the saddest thing of all is that IF it wins , even by just a nose , we'll have yokels like you bragging about it before the whole world .

Old 06-30-2006, 02:08 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JCS
I was going to respond, but I am ashamed .I am ashamed that this discussion is even taking place.
You are arguing over the fact that the Corvette( probably the best car we can produce here in the US ) with a SEVEN LITER V-8 engine ,
MAY,POSSIBLY,PERHAPS, beat a car of equal weight and an engine barely HALF it's size .
And then only by a hair , in a DRAG type race , down a straight line .

You mentioned performance ? you don't know the meaning of the word.

But the saddest thing of all is that IF it wins , even by just a nose , we'll have yokels like you bragging about it before the whole world .
Look at his post history and what do you expect? Out of his 177 posts at least 160 are talking about how the Z06 is better than (insert car here). We just need to ignore these trolls.

Old 06-30-2006, 02:23 PM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ZLP
Look at his post history and what do you expect? Out of his 177 posts at least 160 are talking about how the Z06 is better than (insert car here). We just need to ignore these trolls.
He seems pretty intent on convincing us...I'm not sure why. I agree, the C6 Z06 is a "bargain" and so I think we all congratulate you on getting the best bang for your buck. What more is there to say?

Old 06-30-2006, 02:26 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TUUNER
He seems pretty intent on convincing us...I'm not sure why. I agree, the C6 Z06 is a "bargain" and so I think we all congratulate you on getting the best bang for your buck. What more is there to say?
I concur and I think everybody else has as well. He needs to cut this out or maybe start his own forum like www.C6Z06vstheworldforums.com

Old 06-30-2006, 02:53 PM
monsoonmadness is infamous around these parts
IMO its a matter of which one I want to drive and what excites me. As far as the speed thing goes, I think the turbo will take it. From 50 and up to whatever is where the turbo shines the most. I admitt the ZO6 is a great car and its full of everything good, but there is something about those Porsches that still keeps me coming back. If the ZO6 had 1000 HP and ran a 9 sec. quarter I would still love the Porsche..

Old 06-30-2006, 02:55 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
I take the 997TT even if its slower. We love what we drive end of story.

Old 06-30-2006, 02:58 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ZLP
SCvet00,
This Porsche vs. Z06 topic is getting old. Maybe since you drive a Z06 you should discuss over at corvetteforums and stir the pot over there. Seriously, we have already have 10 threads like this.
yet, this is the first one to actually say they were going to answer the questions about the topic the other 10 threads had wanted to see. Who would actually win, a 997TT or a Z06

Old 06-30-2006, 03:00 PM
ZLP
Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
yet, this is the first one to actually say they were going to answer the questions about the topic the other 10 threads had wanted to see. Who would actually win, a 997TT or a Z06
Then someone can make a topic that already has a video ready to post instead of 4 pages of speculation and stroking the Z06.

Old 06-30-2006, 03:03 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ZLP
Then someone can make a topic that already has a video ready to post instead of 4 pages of speculation and stroking the Z06.
hard for you just to overlook the thread though isn't it

Does this mean you want to place a bet?

Old 06-30-2006, 03:07 PM
micah has a spectacular aura aboutmicah has a spectacular aura aboutmicah has a spectacular aura about

Old 06-30-2006, 03:13 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by micah
Now THAT is nice!!!!!!!!

Old 06-30-2006, 04:27 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
I am a huge fan of the C6ZO6 . . . it is a tremendous achievement. Moreover, I think there are insecure, pompous ***-wipes on both sides of the Porsche v. Corvette debate (I remain disappointed that certain 6Speed members are so quick to disparage the C6ZO6).

That being said, how many damn times can we discuss the same fricking topic??? How many times can we argue about a hypothetical race that has yet to occur?

Ironically, the very same thing is occurring on the Corvette forums.

The C6ZO6 AND the 997TT are BOTH great cars. Both produce tremendous performance. IMHO, neither is superior over the other. One may be faster in a straight line, while the other may be faster on a road course. Regardless, both cars are among the elite performance cars on the road.

I suspect that, during the next few months, there are going to be several races between C6ZO6s and 997TTs. Some will be videotaped . . . others will not. The C6ZO6 will likely prevail in some of the races, while the 997TT will likely prevail in others. Thereafter, the legions of internet bench racers will step in and dissect the races, with an obvious bias towards the car they personally prefer. The excuses will fly in all directions. “He missed a shift.” “He jumped the start.” “He couldn’t get traction.” “He has a boost leak.” Absent an overwhelming advantage demonstrated by one of the two cars in the vast majority of the races, the debate will continue ad nauseum, with no conclusive winner.

Craig

Old 06-30-2006, 04:28 PM
craig

Old 06-30-2006, 04:29 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
I agree, BUT, one is a Porsche while the other is still a Chevy

Christian

Originally Posted by Craig
The C6ZO6 AND the 997TT are BOTH great cars. Both produce tremendous performance. IMHO, neither is superior over the other. One may be faster in a straight line, while the other may be faster on a road course. Regardless, both cars are among the elite performance cars on the road.

Craig

Old 06-30-2006, 04:31 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Christian
I agree, BUT, one is still a Porsche while the other is still a Chevy

Christian
And your point is? I fail to understand the purpose of your comment.

Craig

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Put your bets up. C6 Z06 vs. 997 TT!!