997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Put your bets up. C6 Z06 vs. 997 TT!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 10:48 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Put your bets up. C6 Z06 vs. 997 TT!!

That's right fellas. An acquaintance just took delivery of his new Silver 997TT. Car looks awesome. Much props to the new Turbo.

Him and I will be making a few roll on runs when he gets his car broken in, which should be soon. So, which car will prevail from a 50-150 punch? Put your bets up, as this will be caught on tape soon.

My vote: Z06..

Old 06-29-2006, 10:50 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
My cash is on the ZO6...Make a video of this one..

Old 06-29-2006, 11:08 PM
12:03 has a spectacular aura about12:03 has a spectacular aura about
it wont matter who wins, you will still drive a...

welll nevermind.

I vote 997 TT

Old 06-29-2006, 11:19 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by twelve-o-three
it wont matter who wins, you will still drive a...
Car that can handle just as good if not better, brake just as good if not better, most probably out accelerate it from any speed and is about 70K less??..

Lets not get into that, please. Lets stay on topic.

Thanks for your vote, btw..

Old 06-29-2006, 11:34 PM
bond is infamous around these parts
Two different flavors of performance cars within a 1/2 second and 5 mph of each other in the 1/4 mile, and all that can be discussed is the incremental differences in speed?? (yawn) - how about an interesting comparison of the other 999 elements that make each of these cars interesting and unique........

Bond

Old 06-29-2006, 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by bond
Two different flavors of performance cars within a 1/2 second and 5 mph of each other in the 1/4 mile, and all that can be discussed is the incremental differences in speed?? (yawn) - how about an interesting comparison of the other 999 elements that make each of these cars interesting and unique........

Bond
Ok, I can make a different thread just for you talking about other elements, later.

I see it is so hard for some people to just stay on topic. Why is it that when the C6 Z06 is mentioned, some people get so insecure and feel like they must talk about other aspects of the car? Is it because it hurts that bad knowing the lowly Chevy is just as good, if not a better overall performer? Or are you just in the minority that give Porsche owners a bad name?

If you don't want to post your opinion in regards to my original post and question, then don't post at all.

Old 06-29-2006, 11:47 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
hope your roof stays on.... lol....I'm just playin post a vid

Old 06-29-2006, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by BOYRACER
hope your roof stays on....
Me too,

Old 06-29-2006, 11:52 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
The ZO6 is th first vette I would think of buying. I like the look and the performance. It is one hell of a car. I can not wait to see the vid.

Old 06-30-2006, 12:12 AM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
I'll admit, bang for the buck there is no way you can compete with it. I considered one, but could not bring myself to picking the "bowtie" over a porsche. I could care less how much faster it was. But that is just my personal preference. I saw a yellow on driving behind me the other day and it looked pretty damn exotic compared to the run of the mill C6

Old 06-30-2006, 12:20 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
I don't care who win, but I need that race video and post here

Old 06-30-2006, 12:21 AM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Tough call. I have to give the edge to the vette from a roll but from a dig I think you will have a hard time beating it. Look forward to results.

I assume he got a six speed but yuo may want to clarify.

Old 06-30-2006, 12:23 AM
bond is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SCvet00
Ok, I can make a different thread just for you talking about other elements, later.

I see it is so hard for some people to just stay on topic. Why is it that when the C6 Z06 is mentioned, some people get so insecure and feel like they must talk about other aspects of the car? Is it because it hurts that bad knowing the lowly Chevy is just as good, if not a better overall performer? Or are you just in the minority that give Porsche owners a bad name?

If you don't want to post your opinion in regards to my original post and question, then don't post at all.
Ok, why don't we stick to the "bang for the buck" mentality and spend a total of 50K on your old 01 Z06, car included and see if we can make it faster than your new 06 Z06? - would you want to discuss the "other" elements then?? - why didn't you just spend the difference between your old Z06 and the new one to make the old one faster than a new Z06, then pocket the difference and laugh at people foolish enough to "waste" 70K on a new Z06 when an old one can do the job of beating a 997tt .....

Do we need a new thread now??

Bond

Last edited by bond; 06-30-2006 at 12:27 AM.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:43 AM
Just a boxster?
Bond
<o> </o>
In some peoples mind the ZO6 looks better then the new TT. I have been in lust with Porsches since I can remember and have always disliked the Vette. I now am finding myself thinking the Vette looks way better. Now the 997 GT3 is a whole other story. So if the performance (i.e. braking, 0-60, handling, etc..) is as good if not better and you like the looks more why not buy one... For 1/4 mile drag strip performance you can buy a mid 80's mustang for 5-6 Grand drop 10-20 g's in it and kick all their ***...

<o> </o>
Josh

Old 06-30-2006, 12:48 AM
Salespunk is infamous around these parts
Z06 from a roll, but 997 from a dig...

Both are spectacular cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Put your bets up. C6 Z06 vs. 997 TT!!