997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

The Process Has Started - The Official "EVOlution of a 997TT" Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 10:44 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
Just ask Mike.. You have a boost leak

No but seriously, I noticed the same thing on the car I drove. I knew that 10 second overboost thing was hokey to begin with. I think this is especially the case with 91.
you are funny. The other thing I notice a very choppy power curve. Did you feel that as well?

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 07-21-2006, 10:45 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Todd @ EVO

At 15, I would hot wire his Porsche when he would go away and drive around without a license. I figure he deserves a little payback
Sounds good. I know what you mean At 15 I had my own key for my parents Porsche made at the dealer.

Old 07-22-2006, 01:31 AM
eshaun is infamous around these partseshaun is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
There is a very good chance that I will take you up on that.
Can you bring it to the track tomorrow night?
luis check ur email

Old 07-22-2006, 10:11 AM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
Sounds good. I know what you mean At 15 I had my own key for my parents Porsche made at the dealer.
Hey Luis if you are going to EVO today let me know. I have a meeting at 11:30a a few minutes away from there and would love to check out the TT.

And Todd, I think we could roll it down to Firebird tonight and get some baseline runs in for you. You know to help you out and all. I'm sure we could get the car back to you first thing in the morning.

Old 07-22-2006, 02:44 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Very interesting re the VTG almost lack of modability, as you say it's almost maxed out now. Keep us up to date.

Old 07-22-2006, 03:02 PM
NiATE is infamous around these parts
Better get on the exhaust too. I think Fred's gonna explode...

Old 07-22-2006, 04:03 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
I suspect it will not be long before we see a variable vane turbo with Garrett internals (e.g., a VV GT28 compressor).

Craig

Old 07-22-2006, 07:33 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Todd @ EVO
you are funny. The other thing I notice a very choppy power curve. Did you feel that as well?
Mike, me and Zip-ties go back a long way

It was about 97 degrees our here and I thought either it was cutting back or somebody slapped in 89 It was weird because I couldn't actually tell where the "sweet" spot was in terms of the tq/hp just by driving it. That's unusual for me. Did you check the intercoolers out (those cheezeballz!) Also the one I drove had no SSk in it so it was all jiggly.

Maybe we're warped because of the crazyness done on the other cars... Get that overboost thing removed. That belongs in Knight Rider

Old 07-22-2006, 07:36 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Craig
I suspect it will not be long before we see a variable vane turbo with Garrett internals (e.g., a VV GT28 compressor).

Craig
I suspect you will be using them on your next GHEY car I'm not sure what's wrong with me but my 996TT is ample for now and I got a woody for the SLOW NA RS... so I'm down for that. For now.

Old 07-22-2006, 09:08 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Craig

Craig
Craig, I saw your beauty today. Let me know when it is done and when you plan on picking it up!

Old 07-23-2006, 09:02 AM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Todd,

When you turn off the car do you notice the engine shutter?? Like the entire back end moves whenever I turn off the car....Fly wheel??

Check out this thread, there are others who noticed the same;

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=53236

Lou

Old 07-23-2006, 12:08 PM
Former Vendor
Nate@EVO is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sharkster
Just ask Mike.. You have a boost leak

No but seriously, I noticed the same thing on the car I drove. I knew that 10 second overboost thing was hokey to begin with. I think this is especially the case with 91.

LOL, totally off topic but I was reading your car list and your last listing is . An Atom?! You have to be kidding?!

Old 07-24-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by Nate@EVO
LOL, totally off topic but I was reading your car list and your last listing is . An Atom?! You have to be kidding?!
Hah.. I forgot to change that... I'm not kidding by my wife got into my user CP and added that. I think she wants one more than me. No way could I get one of those.. I couldn't go ballin' with that thing.

Old 07-25-2006, 12:29 AM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
man u guys are beyond amazing......i'm happy wit your products

Old 07-26-2006, 09:06 AM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ari
Is the ECU really that different on 996TT and 997TT?

It seems the 997TT has different turbos and not much much else different (in terms of engine parameters)? Of course the AWD system is totally different. I am no mechanic, but am just posing the question.
The ECU on the 997TT is much different than the 996TT ECU. This technology is new for Bosch in the past year or so which makes it more difficult to program. The typical program cannot be loaded to just the AMD chip like in the 996TT ECU. Additionally, in order to protect the software from "software Pirates" part of the development process is to protect the software with an advanced encryption to avoid software thief’s to gain advances without having done the work on their own. I will post more photos today of the dissection process of the ECU

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds

Last edited by Evolution MotorSports; 07-26-2006 at 02:35 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The Process Has Started - The Official "EVOlution of a 997TT" Thread