997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

The Process Has Started - The Official "EVOlution of a 997TT" Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 08:10 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
It would look better if it was yellow!!

Old 08-13-2006, 08:56 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Niceeee
I agree. Sweet.

Old 08-14-2006, 09:56 AM
Q8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud of
Nice chice of wheels Todd. How much lighter are they than the stock wheels ?

Can you post a side view photo, since most of the photo's posted are a bit dark.

Old 08-16-2006, 05:38 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
nice wheels hope to see more pic's

Old 08-18-2006, 12:50 AM
secc911 is infamous around these parts
If anyone can find a way to improve it, it's EVO. Good luck Todd.

Old 08-18-2006, 01:38 AM
luckyluke is infamous around these partsluckyluke is infamous around these parts
Step lip looks Great on track car but street 997 tt would look great with no lip or large straight lip Wheel. My choice would be HRE 841R's in powdercoat black. A large straight lip in the back makes the rear quarter look more aggressive. Thats just an opinion with asthetics in mind only. Strength and all that then off coarse step lip. Fikse makes a great wheel. I own HRE's and Fikse's on my cars and think HRE makes the best street art and Fikse the best track art. I'm very anxious to see your progress. May be time for 996 to go.

Old 08-19-2006, 09:48 AM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by luckyluke
Step lip looks Great on track car but street 997 tt would look great with no lip or large straight lip Wheel. My choice would be HRE 841R's in powdercoat black. A large straight lip in the back makes the rear quarter look more aggressive. Thats just an opinion with asthetics in mind only. Strength and all that then off coarse step lip. Fikse makes a great wheel. I own HRE's and Fikse's on my cars and think HRE makes the best street art and Fikse the best track art. I'm very anxious to see your progress. May be time for 996 to go.
I like the flat lip and the 841 but I needed a change. We see so many cars in our shop with different wheels and they all have a flat lip and they all look the same to me.

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 08-19-2006, 09:55 AM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Some suspension goodies have arrived and we are working on a conversion for the Moton Clubsport suspension system. We are determining the proper spring rates and lengths as well as making some camber plates. We should start the installation in the next few weeks.

Attached Images  
Old 08-19-2006, 04:37 PM
Banned
sticky is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Todd @ EVO
Some suspension goodies have arrived and we are working on a conversion for the Moton Clubsport suspension system. We are determining the proper spring rates and lengths as well as making some camber plates. We should start the installation in the next few weeks.
So are you ditching PASM completely? If so, will there be any solutions from you in the future that will be compatible with PASM?

Old 08-19-2006, 08:07 PM
luckyluke is infamous around these partsluckyluke is infamous around these parts
Different is good.

I like the flat lip and the 841 but I needed a change. We see so many cars in our shop with different wheels and they all have a flat lip and they all look the same to me.

Old 08-19-2006, 09:13 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
I know yesterday we were talking about the stage 1 upgrade but yesterday we added some new shoes to the new beast. Thought I would share the new look. These are 19" Fikse Profil 10, polished lips, black centers. 11.5 x 19 and 8.5 x 19. Let me know what you guys think.

We chose these wheels after building a set for the white 996TT "DMK" that is featured on our site. I like the look of the step lip. Most all 3-pc wheels these days have a flat lip and I wanted something different. IMHO the step lip looks tougher and is much stronger than the flat lip. Additionally, these wheels are fairly light at only 21.5 pounds front and 23 pounds in the rear each.

Anyone interested in the stock wheels, let me know.
I really like the black wheels with the arctic silver. Very nice looking combo.

Old 08-29-2006, 10:52 PM
Basic Sponsor
Been out of touch for a while updating this thread. We have been working on some new items including a "GT3 Facelift" Here is a first: a 997TT with a GT3 front bumper. Personally, I think it fits the lines better than the turbo front bumper. The chiseled air openings for the center radiator go better with the rear intercooler inlet ducts and the shape of the rear bumper. I thought the OEM 997TT front bumper was too round in my opinion.

Additionally, we added our carbon side mirrors with a different look. We left the bottom portion silver with the carbon top portion. I like the way it looks with the distinct contrasting colors. I think it makes the mirrors stand out more while highlighting the aerodynamic shape of the 997 mirrors.

Later this week we will be adding our carbon headlight covers and rear roof spoiler. I will post more photos then. Here are some photos that we took today after completing this conversion.

Attached Images     

Last edited by Evolution MotorSports; 08-29-2006 at 11:13 PM.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:13 PM
Barry 94Formula is infamous around these parts
Damm! Now that looks good.

Old 08-29-2006, 11:14 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet Bling.

Old 08-29-2006, 11:23 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
I can't wait to see it slammed with the Motons.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The Process Has Started - The Official "EVOlution of a 997TT" Thread