997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

911 Presentation in Mexico City

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 07:50 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
911 Presentation in Mexico City

I finally finished my article on the presentation in Mexico City, follow the link and enjoy:

http://porschepuebla.homestead.com/news25.html

Old 08-09-2006, 11:46 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
thats sweet

Old 08-10-2006, 02:08 AM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Frissen,

Great write up! Do you live in DF?

Old 08-10-2006, 03:47 AM
turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !
looks like quite an event!

Old 08-10-2006, 05:28 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Great write up!
It helps us better knowing the car...
I like the pics very much
Thanks

Old 08-10-2006, 12:37 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Redlinerobert
Frissen,

Great write up! Do you live in DF?
I live in Puebla, about 60 miles down south DF. Puebla is home of Porsche de Mexico and one of the reasons I live here

Thanks for your words about the article, glad to be part of this great community.

Old 08-10-2006, 01:18 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Frissen thanks so much for the posting! Was this the new Meteor Grey ?

Last edited by DJ; 08-11-2006 at 09:17 PM.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by DJ
Frissen thanks so much for the posting! Was this the new Meteor Grey ?
At first I though it was but then a few days after I talked to the person in charge of distribution in PdM and she told me it was Slate. What do you guys think? It didn't look like Slate to me and besides what would be the point of not showing the new color. Let me know what you think.

Old 08-10-2006, 10:59 PM
bentley500 is infamous around these partsbentley500 is infamous around these parts
Very nice write up and pictures. How are Porsche sales in Mexico since there is so much crime and kidnapping?

Old 08-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by bentley500
Very nice write up and pictures. How are Porsche sales in Mexico since there is so much crime and kidnapping?
Sales have increased year to year and we are now up to 500 units a year with 5 dealers open. One more dealer recently open and two more on the way. I believe Mexico is a 600 cars a year business for Mexico.

Crime is a huge factor dettering sales, of course. Also economic factors affect sales. Think of a country where minimum wage is $250 dollars a month an 40% of the country is below that level. $250 dollars many of you spend going to the movies and starbucks one night. But it may hold a Mexican family for an entire month. Still, like the director of PdM says, there are 100,000 rich enough families to buy a Porsche. Then you have to think on the huge offer Mexico offers, we have cars you can only dream of, Smart, Peugeot, Renault to name a few, and even if those brands mentioned do not necessarly compete in the luxury/expensive market they do make a difference. In short, yes it does affect but Porsche is a great product, so great people put all the negatives aside and but it.

Porsche de Mexico, after the Henkel/BMW fiasco, was taken by who I consider the best director in the automotive industry, at least in this continent, Mr. Carlos Fernandez, now director of Audi de Mexico. He put the first stone to what grew into a great company, DOA Porsche de Mexico. It was his great understanding of the industry and necesities for the brand to succeed in this country that made PdM so great. PdM has done a tremendous job to combat market adversity, so much, that it has doubled and tripled PAG expectations.

Old 08-11-2006, 09:09 PM
bentley500 is infamous around these partsbentley500 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Frissen
Sales have increased year to year and we are now up to 500 units a year with 5 dealers open. One more dealer recently open and two more on the way. I believe Mexico is a 600 cars a year business for Mexico.

Crime is a huge factor dettering sales, of course. Also economic factors affect sales. Think of a country where minimum wage is $250 dollars a month an 40% of the country is below that level. $250 dollars many of you spend going to the movies and starbucks one night. But it may hold a Mexican family for an entire month. Still, like the director of PdM says, there are 100,000 rich enough families to buy a Porsche. Then you have to think on the huge offer Mexico offers, we have cars you can only dream of, Smart, Peugeot, Renault to name a few, and even if those brands mentioned do not necessarly compete in the luxury/expensive market they do make a difference. In short, yes it does affect but Porsche is a great product, so great people put all the negatives aside and but it.

Porsche de Mexico, after the Henkel/BMW fiasco, was taken by who I consider the best director in the automotive industry, at least in this continent, Mr. Carlos Fernandez, now director of Audi de Mexico. He put the first stone to what grew into a great company, DOA Porsche de Mexico. It was his great understanding of the industry and necesities for the brand to succeed in this country that made PdM so great. PdM has done a tremendous job to combat market adversity, so much, that it has doubled and tripled PAG expectations.

Hey thanks for the great information. Glad to heard that PdM is doing such a great job. Is it privately owned or owned by PAG?

Old 08-11-2006, 09:17 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Frissen that looks to light to be slate INMO

Old 08-12-2006, 01:55 PM
3point6 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Porsche en Mexico

Frissen, I glad we’re getting there and change that “Burrito y Zarape” image we have from other countries, the benefit of being a small Economy (at least in terms of Exotic/Luxury Automobiles) is that we get stuff not even countries like this can have or dream of. I remember I saw a 996 GT3 in Las Brisas, Acapulco back in 2001 and the first Cayenne Turbo out of Germany in DF 4 months before the US presentation, We hope Mexico gets better…only time will tell.
Nice Article, BTW
If you ever need Porsche miniature models, parts or accessories shot me an email, it’s nice to know another “Mexican” with this same interest and passion about Porsche.
Ricardo

Old 08-13-2006, 02:55 PM
MoeMonney is infamous around these parts
Yea you see more Porsches here everyday. Im glad they are getting stronger. I Think it will be even better once The new elected President Felipe Calderon starts his term.

Saludos,
Charles

Old 08-13-2006, 07:38 PM
3point6 is infamous around these parts
Armored?

Charles, I love the "Armored ...." all I hope nobody around here takes it seriously and send the CIA to open an investigation...
I guess so many threats lately isn't.
Could you send some pics to share with my friends, I guess they only know Armored Hummers in Irak...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 911 Presentation in Mexico City