997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997TT owner and my first post..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 07:11 PM
B-Line is infamous around these parts
997TT owner and my first post..

Greetings and thanks for having such a cool board. I have been lurking for quite some time and it's now offical, I'm a member with posting priviliges.

So I picked up my 997 TT last Tuesday in Portland, Oregon and drove it to Los Angeles (about 1200 miles-indirect) The car is simply amazing. Here are some pics of the drive:

The TT is Slate Grey Metallic and Black interior. 6spd, sport chrono, porsche crests, sport seats and short shift. Even though the option list is light, the car is amazing and If I were ordering the car today the only thing I might add is a fire extinguisher and "maybe" adaptive seats (but only for the folding mirror function.)

A little about myself: This is my second Pcar. My first is a 1997 C2S which is still in the stable. I track often as posiible and plan to continue to use my 993 as my track workhorse and possibly might do some Skip Barber racing this year. I am a graduate of both the 3 day racing school and 2 day advanced.
- I do some instructing with local clubs but it's purely fundamentals. Turn in, Apex, track out- type stuff. I am by no means a professional coach but enjoy giving "green" drivers some on track lessons.
I used to live in New York and Miami so I have been to quite a few tracks around the country including:
Sebring, Morosso, Homestead, Daytona, Limerock, Pocono, Willow Springs, Buttonwillow, Thunderhill, California Speedway, Laguna Seca.

I don't have any mods planned yet for TT but may get there in time. For now, I prefer to keep it street soft (and can use the 993 when I want to kill my kidney's) A Valentine-1 and a CHP 11-99 are all the upgrades I need for now. (However I am thinking of wheels so any suggestions would be highly appreciated)

-- And just to round out the converstaion. My daily driver is a X5 4.8is which I love.. It's an amazing tow vehicle and can also do a few hot laps:

and here's the C2S:

-- I also ride Harley's and am an amateur watch-o-phile..

So thanks for letting me join the board and I hope to pass you soon.

B-Line
(Seth)

Last edited by B-Line; 08-17-2006 at 07:14 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:25 PM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome on board Seth, you chose the absolute best color for the TT in my oppinion! You will like it here

Old 08-17-2006, 07:36 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
SICK color!!
Welcome aboard...once you go TT, you never go back :P

Old 08-17-2006, 07:36 PM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Some mod suggestions:

• Paint the calipers yellow
  • Drop it
  • Tint
  • Paint the sideskirts and front lip body color

Last edited by PorscheFanatic; 08-17-2006 at 07:41 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:37 PM
swordsman is infamous around these parts
Congrats and welcome! IMO...the sickest color for the TT by far!

Old 08-17-2006, 07:44 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Great cars, welcome aboard!

Old 08-17-2006, 07:48 PM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by B-Line
congratz! where was this picture taken?

Old 08-17-2006, 07:51 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by msindi
SICK color!!
Welcome aboard...once you go TT, you never go back :P
Definately one of my fav colors as well. I think that along with new wheels, you should also drop it and go for the fabspeed exhaust, or just the 4 round tips. they look phenomenal. then your modding will not be too extreme. just some of the neccessaries if you will.

Old 08-17-2006, 08:20 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, that is a stunner. Very nice, and best of luck with it.

Old 08-17-2006, 08:44 PM
ShimShimHada is infamous around these parts
Slate Grey FTW!

Old 08-17-2006, 09:44 PM
drbf is infamous around these parts
Very nice, congrats and enjoy..........

Old 08-17-2006, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic
Some mod suggestions:

• Paint the calipers yellow
  • Drop it
  • Tint
  • Paint the sideskirts and front lip body color
Cool...

I'm definately going to tint.. Probably 35%
I really like the way those yellow calipers look however, I don't want to look like a poseur going for the "pccb" look.

As far as dropping it, i will group this together with the painting of front lip body color. I can't do it. Living in Hollywood where the roads are awful, I don't want any more scrapes then I already have. My 993 with H&R Coilovers is amazing on the track and very comfortable to drive, but uneven road surfaces and the noises the car makes when scraping keeps me up at night in shrills.

Thanks for the photoshop job.. Some really great ideas to start with.

B

Old 08-17-2006, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by empunker
congratz! where was this picture taken?
If I remember correctly, it was around BIG SUR.. Maybe 50 miles north of Hearst Castle.. But don't quote me on that.. The whole trip was a blur caused by psi

Old 08-17-2006, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic
Welcome on board Seth, you chose the absolute best color for the TT in my oppinion! You will like it here
Thanks again gang.. It's nice to be here.

In terms of the color choice, I got lucky. I just happened to find this car on a whim. I was looking for a MSRP Turbo and found this one (Mr. Animal is it's name.)
- I was not going to order a special paint but once I set eyes on it, I knew it was the right color/combo.

At night it looks like a stealth fighter with a fat ***.
I am very, very happy.

Old 08-17-2006, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by B-Line
Cool...

I'm definately going to tint.. Probably 35%
I really like the way those yellow calipers look however, I don't want to look like a poseur going for the "pccb" look.

As far as dropping it, i will group this together with the painting of front lip body color. I can't do it. Living in Hollywood where the roads are awful, I don't want any more scrapes then I already have. My 993 with H&R Coilovers is amazing on the track and very comfortable to drive, but uneven road surfaces and the noises the car makes when scraping keeps me up at night in shrills.

Thanks for the photoshop job.. Some really great ideas to start with.

B
You wont be looking like a poseur just because you paint your calipers yellow, Porsche even has it as an option.
Grey + yellow looks so good together...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997TT owner and my first post..