997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Story: BMW M6 vs Porsche 997 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 10:20 AM
Gustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of light
Talking Story: BMW M6 vs Porsche 997 Turbo

Hmm

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=79557

Old 08-29-2006, 10:28 AM
zyx
zyx is infamous around these parts
That Porsche driver must have been retarded. 150 MPH through an intersection. Wtf? 0-60 in 3.9 sec.. top at 193 mph for the Porsche... while the M6 is only 0-60 in 4.5 sec... top at 155 electronically.. both stock... I don't see how the 997 Turbo would be slower.

Old 08-29-2006, 10:29 AM
Banned
switchcars is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by zyx
That Porsche driver must have been retarded. 150 MPH through an intersection. Wtf? 0-60 in 3.9 sec.. top at 193 mph for the Porsche... while the M6 is only 0-60 in 4.5 sec... top at 155 electronically.. both stock... I don't see how the 997 Turbo would be slower.
I believe the guy had some mods on his M6

Old 08-29-2006, 10:40 AM
XFIFTY is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by switchcars
I believe the guy had some mods on his M6
Have you test driven the new 997TT?

Very very disappointing, I wouldn't be surprise if the M6 did a better job. As much as I love Porsche and owned a few the new 997TT is not impressive at all and I mean in every aspects of it, handling, acceleration, speed....only breaking is fantastic.

Personally I think Porsche has F'ed up with this new 997TT.

Old 08-29-2006, 10:52 AM
xandi911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by zyx
they were neck and neck.

Old 08-29-2006, 11:52 AM
Banned
sticky is infamous around these parts
Gustav, why are you in such a hurry to get your panties in a twist over an uncomfirmed story that someone on your board posts? Why bother coming on here trying to raise a **** storm to gain attention for M5 board as usual?

Anytime another car is involved with an M5 or M6 Gustav hurries over to every other board on the planet to post the link to his. However, this only happens when the M5 or M6 in question is on the winning side.

Next time, anyone on here with a 996 or 997 turbo that spanks an M5 or M6 be sure to go on his board and post a billion links to 6speed, rennlist, etc. and see what he does. As usual, the thread will be closed as the M5 isn't winning and the thread isn't getting him guests or new users.

Gustav, you are a hypocrite, and you probably smell funny.

Old 08-29-2006, 12:06 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
still ugly.

Old 08-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Gustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of light
Talking

Hello,

I thought this might be of interest, since this is a 997 Turboi Forum

I have posted here als when the M6 looses, for example the Ruf Turbo R 550 HP vs M6.

Sticky, you are rude and I will ignore your personal attacks.

While we are at it, supercharged E39 M5 looses to a EvoMS GT700:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...upercharged+m5

Originally Posted by sticky
Gustav, why are you in such a hurry to get your panties in a twist over an uncomfirmed story that someone on your board posts? Why bother coming on here trying to raise a **** storm to gain attention for M5 board as usual?

Anytime another car is involved with an M5 or M6 Gustav hurries over to every other board on the planet to post the link to his. However, this only happens when the M5 or M6 in question is on the winning side.

Next time, anyone on here with a 996 or 997 turbo that spanks an M5 or M6 be sure to go on his board and post a billion links to 6speed, rennlist, etc. and see what he does. As usual, the thread will be closed as the M5 isn't winning and the thread isn't getting him guests or new users.

Gustav, you are a hypocrite, and you probably smell funny.

Old 08-29-2006, 12:21 PM
I agree that the M5 looks nice.

Originally Posted by oak
still ugly.

Old 08-29-2006, 12:26 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Gustav
Hello,

I have posted here als when the M6 looses, for example the Ruf Turbo R 550 HP vs M6.

I dont think he was personally attacking you, per se. He was just stating what he thinks your MO is whenever there is a race with an advantage to an m5 or m6. just to put this into perspective, there was recently a race between an 06 m5 and a 996TT with a chip. the 996TT walked the m5 like a poodle, but no one here was over at the m5 board bragging about the win.

Old 08-29-2006, 12:30 PM
I had to reply specifically to this. Yes, pleasse do this, I love to see race videos. I do not delete them. I rememebr when memebrs here did their own M5 vs 996 TT where the M5 almost lost, but two weeks later it was discovered that the owners "forgot" pressing the Sport button. Anyway, I really like videos of nice Porsches, so if we can see a M6 vs 997 Turbo video no one would be happier than me.

FYI anyone know a 997 Turbo. I have an airfield event upcoming soon We are talknign Corvette Z06 vs tuned 550 HP Kelleners Sport M5. I guess that will be a a difficult match as well

Originally Posted by sticky

Old 08-29-2006, 12:30 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
I agree that the M5 looks nice.
I have to say, neither the m5 or m6 are very nice looking cars, and especially when you have a car as gorgeous as that of 'oaks' in his avatar, i think its easy to say that compared to his car, the m5 and m6 for that matter look ugly, to say the least.

Old 08-29-2006, 12:36 PM
A video?

I agree that posting here everytime there is a race vs a Porsche is just but this is the first time I see a story with the new 911 Turbo and the M6, pretty exotic race, for now.

Originally Posted by PorscheC4
the 996TT walked the m5 like a poodle, but no one here was over at the m5 board bragging about the win.

Old 08-29-2006, 12:38 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
I dont think he was personally attacking you, per se. He was just stating what he thinks your MO is whenever there is a race with an advantage to an m5 or m6. just to put this into perspective, there was recently a race between an 06 m5 and a 996TT with a chip. the 996TT walked the m5 like a poodle, but no one here was over at the m5 board bragging about the win.
Thank you, and I think everyone else realizes this as well.

Old 08-29-2006, 12:41 PM
Banned
Hello,

Oh, I am sure everyone on here is very interested in 997 turbo related performance comparisons. I think they are interested in substantiated reports though not a story from a random person on YOUR board. It is way too convenient for you to always be posting links to your board.

Either way, by me responding to this thread you are winning anyway as all it does is create more advertisement for M5 board which is your goal anyway. If it wasn't, you would let someone else bring the story or link to our attention. However, no one else would because that story doesn't prove ANYTHING.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Story: BMW M6 vs Porsche 997 Turbo