997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

To G or not to G?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 12:48 AM
peter salvatore is infamous around these parts
I would not worry about reliability on the G. However I am partial to coupes and for that reason alone I would go with the TT.

Old 09-06-2006, 01:34 AM
paulycw is infamous around these parts
Since this is not your only car, the G!!! What is there to think about?!?!?

Old 09-06-2006, 02:54 AM
mishref is infamous around these parts
If you plan on keeping the 997s .. go for the G. I think its redundant to have a S and get the turbo.

Old 09-06-2006, 04:06 AM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
I would get the G....it looks like a Stealth fighter aircraft driving down the street...

Old 09-06-2006, 04:28 AM
helothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura about
i really do not like the looks of G spider compared to the coupe,
but still, i'd go with G.

Old 09-06-2006, 06:18 AM
mhh
mhh is infamous around these partsmhh is infamous around these parts
I'm a Gallardo owner (06 SE e-gear) and a happy one, but I'm shocked to see there isn't more support for the 997 TT. I didn't know that Porsche enthusiasts rated the Lambo so high. I guess you know a practical, reliable and efficient German car when you see one.

Old 09-06-2006, 07:12 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Hey Vudu...I decided my self in a day!
Go for the TT

Thanks Porsche C4!

Old 09-06-2006, 07:31 AM
Cognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant future
G

all the way

Old 09-06-2006, 07:48 AM
Vudu is infamous around these parts
Wow, thanks for your reponses! I think that video link of the Spyder on Top Gear says it all..

Sorry for not clarifying but my 997S will be sold in favor of one of these, so I will be "Porscheless" if it's to be the G.. the 997TT is probably the more "sensible" choice if a Turbo can ever be called that! Compared to the Lambo, I think that's a fair statement (not withstanding the fact that the TT can beat the Spyder in ANY type of race)

Also, I just found out about this new "nose-up" suspension trick on the Gallardo. Such a great feature!! Why don't all supercars have that?? If I decided on the G, I want to be sure it's on the car otherwise I'd have to trailer it to the highway just to take it out for a spin! Anyone know if this is standard or an option??

I hear what you guys are saying about Audi-derived reliability and build quality, so I'm less worried about that now.

The only real dealbreaker for me now is I'm not sure about the Sypder's looks with the top up. I have to say I'm not totally convinced like I am with the topless look.. but I've got some free time tomorrow, so I'm gonna make sure I go down and check the car out for myself before someone else buys it!

The thing is, I live in the Middle East where it's hot as HELL for 2/3rds of the year and humid like you wouldn't believe. So based on how I used my 997S Cab (ie. I've dropped the top less than half of the times I've driven it), I'm not sure if the Spyder is the way to go. Unfortunately, if I drove it with the top down all the time I'd probably develop skin cancer within a few weeks.. Round these parts, you can get sunburn driving just 15 minutes with the top down. If it was a G coupe, there would be no debate! Well, time to see if she rocks my boat in the flesh

Old 09-06-2006, 09:40 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Also think of this...if you live in an area exeeding 100 deg. F (which it seems you do), then wouldnt the turbo possibly face more problems with cooling then the G...I still like the TT idea more...but the german v10 should hold up a bit better in the heat...

Old 09-06-2006, 10:17 AM
DarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really nice
Originally Posted by iLLM3
In all honesty and my opinion, im not even a big fan of the 997tt but i would go 997tt over a Gallardo SPYDER, i hate convertible's, spider's, spyder's and so on, just not my thing. I love coupe's, otherwise it would be the Gallardo!
Convertibles are for CHICKS ... G Coupe!

Old 09-06-2006, 10:38 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
G car search for LSM thread and see his black bad as* G that he traded for his 997TT and he misses it badly

Old 09-06-2006, 10:54 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
997 TT
After your last post Vudu...that's the car for you!

Old 09-06-2006, 12:45 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DarioTexas
Convertibles are for CHICKS ... G Coupe!
Agreed G coupe or NOTHING!

Old 09-06-2006, 12:56 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
Definitely G as a second car and Pcar as primary

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.