997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

To G or not to G?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 04:21 PM
drbf is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Vudu
To help you visualise my dilemma!!

That Lambo is one beautiful machine, not sure about a daily drive car?

Old 09-06-2006, 07:09 PM
Rami is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DarioTexas
Convertibles are for CHICKS ... G Coupe!
Gallardo coupes are for **** ... Murcielago all the way!

That's just as idiotic as your statement.

Old 09-06-2006, 07:49 PM
DarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really nice
Originally Posted by Rami
Gallardo coupes are for **** ... Murcielago all the way!

That's just as idiotic as your statement.
Riiight ... nothing screams MAN like a ragtop

ON EDIT: this is my opinion

Last edited by DarioTexas; 09-06-2006 at 07:53 PM.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:06 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
1st off, im not tryin to be that mean, im just annoyed.I just dont get why the f*** u guys call gallardos gay or whatever the crap u call them. Its like the girls in my grade agruing over nothing. Its a flippin lambo. They're not gay, not a chic car it is a gallardo. These comments have to be the stupidest comments ever. Sounds like my sister
connor h

Last edited by MiniDHinkle; 09-06-2006 at 08:12 PM.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:17 AM
justdumb is infamous around these parts
if you're a cave troll, by all means buy the coupe to hide yourself. don't forget to tint the windows.

nothing screams I'M UGLY like a g coupe

EDIT: my opinion

Old 09-07-2006, 11:59 AM
PMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
1st off, im not tryin to be that mean, im just annoyed.I just dont get why the f*** u guys call gallardos gay or whatever the crap u call them. Its like the girls in my grade agruing over nothing. Its a flippin lambo. They're not gay, not a chic car it is a gallardo. These comments have to be the stupidest comments ever. Sounds like my sister
connor h
Finally, one of the high school kids on 6speed steps up and gives the grown-ups the talking-to they deserve. Good job, kid.

Arguing over the chick-like-nature of a Lamborghini? Come on. I mean, it's not a Boxster, right?

Old 09-07-2006, 01:37 PM
s4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jamie
Sorry, but what kind of homo retard drives a cab with the windows up? Arggh.. one of my pet peeves. If you're Suzzanne Summers, ok, but anyone else, either lower the freakin' windows or buy a coupe! Geez....
Well to respond to this quote first, I drive my convertible with the windows up all the time for many reasons - one of the big ones is wind noise and air flow inside the cabin - with the windows up it's like having one BIG sunroof

Anyways I drove both an 06 Gallardo and Turbo recently so can give you some quick insight. I wanted a 6-speed to drive but they only had E-gear so can't say for sure on the clutch/tranny issue but the car feels pretty solid. Engine wise / exhaust note you won't beat the Gallardo - we also drove an F430 spyder that same day and I don't like the engine sound as much.

The A/C was ice cold, tranny was smooth and the visibility is actually pretty good for an exotic. If you are looking to turn heads then the Gallardo Spyder I'm sure will be even nicer! However one thing I've been reading on the lambo forums is the Spyder's has some issues with the soft top leaking and also motor problems. This is something you may want to research yourself a bit more before buying.

The P-car in comparison probably won't have any of the driving issues and it's much more stealthy so I guess in the end it's up to you which car fits your lifestyle better. If you plan on daily driving the car to work out, malls, etc I would DEFINITELY buy the Turbo. I can't imagine leaving the Gallardo in any normal shopping mall, etc....

good luck,
rick

oh btw here's a pic of the Gallardo to help you decide...

Old 09-07-2006, 01:46 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Gallardo coupe is so sexy, i love that Grey as well!

Old 09-07-2006, 04:02 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by PMac
Finally, one of the high school kids on 6speed steps up and gives the grown-ups the talking-to they deserve. Good job, kid.

Arguing over the chick-like-nature of a Lamborghini? Come on. I mean, it's not a Boxster, right?
thank u and the sad part is, im in 7th grade . Its total bs about all these guys talkin about how certain cars are sissy cars and crap. Some guys on the site have more money than sense.

connor h

Old 09-07-2006, 04:14 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I really love Gallardos... Seriously - that would be the only car I'd be willing to trade my 997S for.

Old 09-07-2006, 04:16 PM
mja 996TT is infamous around these parts
thank u and the sad part is, im in 7th grade . Its total bs about all these guys talkin about how certain cars are sissy cars and crap. Some guys on the site have more money than sense.

connor h
ah the wisdom of youth............ the really sad thing is that at one time or another almost all of us were members of the 'more money than sense' club..... it's required for entrance.

Old 09-07-2006, 04:25 PM
mishref is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Vudu
The thing is, I live in the Middle East where it's hot as HELL for 2/3rds of the year and humid like you wouldn't believe. So based on how I used my 997S Cab (ie. I've dropped the top less than half of the times I've driven it), I'm not sure if the Spyder is the way to go. Unfortunately, if I drove it with the top down all the time I'd probably develop skin cancer within a few weeks.. Round these parts, you can get sunburn driving just 15 minutes with the top down. If it was a G coupe, there would be no debate! Well, time to see if she rocks my boat in the flesh
Where in the ME?? and since your there .. I would go for the coupe.

Old 09-07-2006, 04:41 PM
993fan is infamous around these parts
Hey Vudu,

That's a great dilemna to have. I don't think that you can go wrong with either of your choices here. The way that I see it, you'll have more great times and bad times with the Gcar, whereas the Pcar will be consistent.

For example, when you have the top down and the weather is just right, the Gcar will be a 10. When the weather is too hot and you have to keep the top up while you're driving to the shopping mall, the Gcar will be a 7.

With the Pcar, it'll be a consistent 9.

Old 09-07-2006, 04:47 PM
Bottom line is, you should get the gallardo

Old 09-07-2006, 05:00 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !

connor h
Honestly i agree to an extent, i mean its a Gallardo for gods sake right, how could one ever be a sissy car or "gay"? All because its a Lambo or an exotic, but even saying that is a little pompous sounding! BTW that was his opinion, not like sense had anything to do with it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.