997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

To G or not to G?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 05:16 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Honestly i agree to an extent, i mean its a Gallardo for gods sake right, how could one ever be a sissy car or "gay"? All because its a Lambo or an exotic, but even saying that is a little pompous sounding! BTW that was his opinion, not like sense had anything to do with it
good point. and nice turbo.

Old 09-07-2006, 05:26 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
good point. and nice turbo.
Thanks man, +1 for you!

Old 09-07-2006, 05:45 PM
DHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud of
nice car. like the rims

Old 09-07-2006, 05:47 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
My dad^ had a yellow fly yellow turbo for a little while. It was a cool car. 1 of his friends has a gt700 twin turbo that is faaaaast

connor

Old 09-07-2006, 07:44 PM
DHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud of
Thanks for those nice comments back to "MiniDHinkle" though his 6speed privileges go away if I see language posted like his 2nd comment.

By the way on the Boxster comment, I'd love to take you on a hot lap in the Boxster. There may be a brown spot on the passenger seat. Properly set, the car is amazing. A Ruf Boxster would smoke most 997's on the track.

Old 09-07-2006, 09:27 PM
magwheel is infamous around these parts
Talking Outrageous lines + ourageous colors!

Originally Posted by GT 350
The gallardo is definentaly more of a looker car, it looks so exotic on the road. And in my opinion, the black/black with yellow stitching combo is perfect.
IMHO, Lamborghinis have such outrageous body lines that they almost sceam for wild and crazy colors! Once people see the color of the car from a distance, it attracts their attention and then when you get close, the cuts and angles of the car keeps them looking and looking and looking!

I myself loved the Pearl Orange and the Pearl Green and that's why I got them. They stand out from a mile away before people even know what kind of car is coming their way! Michael

Attached Images   
Old 09-08-2006, 01:32 AM
habitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nice
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! !!!!!:d

Old 09-08-2006, 08:23 AM
Vudu is infamous around these parts
well, once again I want to say thanks to all who made a contribution my dilemma and I have finally made a decision!!

(hey mishref, I live in Bahrain, but the Spyder in question was out in Dubai)

So...

I had a business deal to close in Dubai yesterday, so I made time to see the G Spyder in question at a dealer in town. It's certainly a looker, but with the top up it just wasn't the same. I didn't like the fact that it's a fabric roof because I know how much of a hassle it is from my 997S cab to keep that thing clean and DUST FREE. The interior was nice, with the yellow stitching everywhere. It's still quite a dark place to be though, I personally would have chosen a brighter color like that superb orange/copper leather in the Top Gear video. The tires had seen better days, which confirmed my suspicions that the car probably endured quite a few burnouts/donuts whatever. Unfortunately, because it was in the middle of the showroom wedged in between other cars, I didn't get the chance to test it out, so it was just an engine start-up with a little "sales revving". Very disappointed about that, even though I told them I was coming I guess the message didn't get passed down in time..

Basically I didn't get the WOW factor I was really hoping for. I wasn't as impressed with it visually as I was with a yellow G coupe I had seen last week on the road (now that was a WOWEE!), so maybe it was just the color. I think magwheel said it best about Lambos needing a bright almost crazy color to show their curves/edges.

As I was staring at this exotic Italian machine, I was trying to think of my sports car needs and sum it up in a couple of words. I think 993fan hit it right on the nail: CONSISTENCY.

The G Spyder would thrill me everytime I took it out, but I'd probably worry about breaking something unintentionally and facing painful repair bills. The 997TT will not have quite the same wow factor, but I know I'll enjoy it for the qualities it has and it will please me in a CONSISTENT manner. Plus the fact that the dealer is about 10 miles away means I can get it serviced/fixed with much less hassle than the G.

The other big reason I'm choosing the 997TT is because a certain company called R U F is contructing their first facility in the Middle East right here in Bahrain (next to the F1 circuit). Since I'll be keeping the Turbo for a while, that seems like a great opportunity to add some lacking spice to the Porsche

Old 09-08-2006, 09:13 AM
GallardoBOB is infamous around these parts
It won't go wrong either car, but get the G.

Old 09-08-2006, 01:58 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Vudu
well, once again I want to say thanks to all who made a contribution my dilemma and I have finally made a decision!!

(hey mishref, I live in Bahrain, but the Spyder in question was out in Dubai)

So...

I had a business deal to close in Dubai yesterday, so I made time to see the G Spyder in question at a dealer in town. It's certainly a looker, but with the top up it just wasn't the same. I didn't like the fact that it's a fabric roof because I know how much of a hassle it is from my 997S cab to keep that thing clean and DUST FREE. The interior was nice, with the yellow stitching everywhere. It's still quite a dark place to be though, I personally would have chosen a brighter color like that superb orange/copper leather in the Top Gear video. The tires had seen better days, which confirmed my suspicions that the car probably endured quite a few burnouts/donuts whatever. Unfortunately, because it was in the middle of the showroom wedged in between other cars, I didn't get the chance to test it out, so it was just an engine start-up with a little "sales revving". Very disappointed about that, even though I told them I was coming I guess the message didn't get passed down in time..

Basically I didn't get the WOW factor I was really hoping for. I wasn't as impressed with it visually as I was with a yellow G coupe I had seen last week on the road (now that was a WOWEE!), so maybe it was just the color. I think magwheel said it best about Lambos needing a bright almost crazy color to show their curves/edges.

As I was staring at this exotic Italian machine, I was trying to think of my sports car needs and sum it up in a couple of words. I think 993fan hit it right on the nail: CONSISTENCY.

The G Spyder would thrill me everytime I took it out, but I'd probably worry about breaking something unintentionally and facing painful repair bills. The 997TT will not have quite the same wow factor, but I know I'll enjoy it for the qualities it has and it will please me in a CONSISTENT manner. Plus the fact that the dealer is about 10 miles away means I can get it serviced/fixed with much less hassle than the G.

The other big reason I'm choosing the 997TT is because a certain company called R U F is contructing their first facility in the Middle East right here in Bahrain (next to the F1 circuit). Since I'll be keeping the Turbo for a while, that seems like a great opportunity to add some lacking spice to the Porsche
Hey man CONGRATS on the 997tt purchase, the car is awesome as you know. I love Gallardo's, but like i said the Spyder doesnt hold a presence like the coupe does, bright color or not i just think its UGLY especially with the fabric top, not my style and of course we are all entitled to our own opinions!

You pretty much sealed the deal also with not loving the interior and with shot rear tires, yea you can imagine that was from normal driving

Old 09-08-2006, 06:11 PM
justdumb is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by magwheel
IMHO, Lamborghinis have such outrageous body lines that they almost sceam for wild and crazy colors!
what do you think of the gallardo compared to the ford gt? i am considering both.

thanks.

Old 09-08-2006, 07:03 PM
Banned
allanlambo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by F**K
what do you think of the gallardo compared to the ford gt? i am considering both.

thanks.
Ford is an uncomfortable cheap feeling POS. Friend just bought one, getting rid of it after 2 months.

Old 09-08-2006, 07:04 PM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Hey Vudu!
I'm very happy with your decision...
You did the right thing.

Anyway do not forget to post some pics up for us...OK?

Old 09-08-2006, 07:35 PM
hog
hog is infamous around these parts
Bahrain ain't big enough to do anything but donuts in anyhow.
Flatten the pedal in a G and you will be off the end of Mananama before you can say Sheikh!
Dream on Vudu but i lived there for 15 years and I know how little decenct black top is there.

Old 09-08-2006, 08:29 PM
magwheel is infamous around these parts
Question What do you think?

Originally Posted by F**K

thanks.
Hi F**K (interesting name to say the least!), Contrary to what AllanLambo says, I personally don't think the Ford GT is a POS. Sure, it doesn't have the build quality or interior finish and fit, but it really hauls ***. According to several different tons of articles I've read, for sure it will shut down the G in a 0 - (whatever) race and I think it will also do the same on a road course. But that isn't the only reason why someone should buy a car.

I think they both draw about the same attention on the road but my Gallardo being the Pearl Orange stands out from a longer distance away.

The radio is a major disappointment in the Ford GT (hard to dial in stations and play with adjustments)..... but open the engine hatch and it makes the Gallardo's engine bay look anemic! All the trusses and struts and of course that SUPERCHARGER are just plane insane. It kinda looks like Star Wars material. And sitting in the car with that blower belt truning behind your head is freaked out.

But........... that being said, if I had to choose one or the other, I would have to take the Gallardo. I think you would be happier in the long run with the quality and the resale value if that is important to you! Hope I've been of some help. Mags

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.