997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

To G or not to G?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 08:35 PM
RPM
RPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by iLLM3
In all honesty and my opinion, im not even a big fan of the 997tt but i would go 997tt over a Gallardo SPYDER, i hate convertible's, spider's, spyder's and so on, just not my thing. I love coupe's, otherwise it would be the Gallardo!
i agree. generally the convertibles ruin the original cars lines. this is def. the case with the gallardo as well

Old 09-08-2006, 08:39 PM
turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !
if i had known it was going to go through some RUF improvements, i wouldn't chosen the 997tt

Old 09-08-2006, 09:54 PM
Banned
allanlambo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RPM
i agree. generally the convertibles ruin the original cars lines. this is def. the case with the gallardo as well
Its funny, but generally I despise convertibles. but in the case of the G, i find it to look fantastic, while I dislike the Murci Roadster and the Diablo Roadster.

Old 09-08-2006, 11:01 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by allanlambo
Its funny, but generally I despise convertibles. but in the case of the G, i find it to look fantastic, while I dislike the Murci Roadster and the Diablo Roadster.
The only soft top convtibles I like are Porsches, and I LOVE the way they look. everyone else just cannot do it right. they just look sooooooo soooo ugly. this is def the case for and f car or lambo. the only thing is, is that i like the g with the top down. same can be said about the murci. but the top up just ruins the car for me.

Old 09-09-2006, 01:08 AM
Banned
allanlambo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
The only soft top convtibles I like are Porsches, and I LOVE the way they look. everyone else just cannot do it right. they just look sooooooo soooo ugly. this is def the case for and f car or lambo. the only thing is, is that i like the g with the top down. same can be said about the murci. but the top up just ruins the car for me.
Cant agree, I think Cab Porsches look horrible. You have to have a coupe, with major modifications for it to look good, wheels, spoilers etc.

Old 09-09-2006, 09:01 AM
Vudu is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by hog
Bahrain ain't big enough to do anything but donuts in anyhow.
Flatten the pedal in a G and you will be off the end of Mananama before you can say Sheikh!
Dream on Vudu but i lived there for 15 years and I know how little decenct black top is there.

Ah.. so you've lived on the "Island of Golden Smiles" .. well, at least that's what they're called it these days..

I'm not going to disagree with your comments. It IS an island after all, and a very flat one too... I don't know where you're living right now, but it's true that we don't have some of the beautiful curved black top I've seen in the US and Europe. But we do have (and I say this respectfully) some of the most "tolerant" law enforcement I've seen anywhere in the world so finding a nice piece of asphalt to blast down isn't too hard..

Oh, and we do have a wonderful state-of-the-art F1 circuit for great track days with the local Porsche Club, the members of which I enjoy the company of on and off the track. So another reason for me to stick with Porsche! BTW, if haven't taken the road to the F1 circuit here, it's great. Some of the most deserted and cop-free (most of the time) highway I've seen!

To those who voted 997TT like me, thanks! I always knew it would win in the end! I promise to post pics once it's on my driveway!

To those who voted G, I totally understand that opinion. It would be the more emotional choice for sure, and if I could afford an exotic 3rd car purely for weekends, I would definitely get a Gallardo.. COUPE! But I haven't reached that stage yet so maybe next time round...

Old 09-09-2006, 09:13 AM
Vudu is infamous around these parts
Feel free to check out the Home of MotorSports in the Middle East to see what I'm talking about:

www.bahraingp.com.bh

The best part is that it's only 15 minutes away from my house!

Old 09-09-2006, 09:32 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
G for sure

Old 09-12-2006, 02:19 AM
The Pun
Originally Posted by ShankLMR
G for sure
+1 G Baby!!!!!

Old 09-12-2006, 07:28 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Originally Posted by allanlambo
Cant agree, I think Cab Porsches look horrible. You have to have a coupe, with major modifications for it to look good, wheels, spoilers etc.
I do not agree...porsche is PORSCHE...ok I see both cabrios and coupès quite everyday and I'm simply amazed everytime I see one...well when I see a cabrio seems like a bit more of a special car...but I'm a coupè guy!
Porsche Cabrios anyway...definetely are easily one of the best around...expecially the 4 and 4S with its wider body

Old 09-12-2006, 04:07 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Old 09-12-2006, 08:55 PM
B-Line is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jamie
Sorry, but what kind of homo retard drives a cab with the windows up? Arggh.. one of my pet peeves.
Are you kidding me?
What sort of moron savant drives a cab with the windows down while recording audio for a TV SHOW??

You know what one of my pet peeves is, audio that sounds like two hippos farting into a rusted microphone.

B

Old 09-12-2006, 10:50 PM
fayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura about
I had a Gallardo for over a year and used it as a daily driver. It was great and a lot of fun. It DID, however, have more issues than any Porsche I've owned (including my GT). The dealer was smaller (they all generally are for Lambos), so service was more timely and more of a hassle.

You can't beat the looks of the G, a real head turner, but if daily driving is really a priority, I'd go for a Porsche, if turning heads is key, go G (or GT ).

Old 09-12-2006, 11:22 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by fayence
I had a Gallardo for over a year and used it as a daily driver. It was great and a lot of fun. It DID, however, have more issues than any Porsche I've owned (including my GT). The dealer was smaller (they all generally are for Lambos), so service was more timely and more of a hassle.

You can't beat the looks of the G, a real head turner, but if daily driving is really a priority, I'd go for a Porsche, if turning heads is key, go G (or GT ).
I think you said that almost perfectly.

Old 09-13-2006, 02:05 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by fayence

What kind of problems did you have with the Gallardo>??? And any prob's with the CGT at all? Just wondering!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.