997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Swedish AMS 997TT vs. Z06 Track Comparo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 07:00 PM
KNanthrup is just really niceKNanthrup is just really niceKNanthrup is just really niceKNanthrup is just really nice
Originally Posted by turbodickie
Sir: I would rather have a sister in a ***** house than be seen in a Z06 Corvette no matter how fast it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you very much.
Based on your previously voiced opinion, your narrow minded reply does not surprise me. It is a shame.

Old 10-09-2006, 07:11 PM
dr_sharp is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Zlaatan
Yea but do the same to the Z06 and it's going to be much faster than the TT...

Just can't reason like that.
Nono, I was just saying that there WILL be a Turbo S and/or a GT2 that should be able to "handle" the Z06. As for the "blue devil"... I guess porsche is just screwed

Old 10-09-2006, 07:13 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Sir: I would rather have a sister in a ***** house than be seen in a Z06 Corvette no matter how fast it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you very much.
hahahahahahaha

Old 10-09-2006, 07:16 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KNanthrup
Yeah but then you are being too narrow minded with your competition then because if you want to take the GT2 into the mix then you need to throw in the '08 Z06 Blue Devil which will in turn slaughter the GT2. Keep it apples to apples... but people have their own opinions...
Out of ALL PEOPLE, i am the most open-minded person, research my name and post's on any forum then speak!

BTW, use some common sense. Lightweight, RWD powerhouse vs awd, luxry coupe sports car, GT2 is Z06 competition, blue devil is just another excuse to try and take the throne!

Old 10-09-2006, 07:25 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
Sir: I would rather have a sister in a ***** house than...(fill in the blank)
I haven't heard that phrase since UPT.

BTW, I feel the same as you concerning the Vette.

Old 10-09-2006, 07:31 PM
12:03 has a spectacular aura about12:03 has a spectacular aura about
true story

Old 10-09-2006, 07:41 PM
KNanthrup is just really niceKNanthrup is just really niceKNanthrup is just really niceKNanthrup is just really nice
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Out of ALL PEOPLE, i am the most open-minded person, research my name and post's on any forum then speak!

BTW, use some common sense. Lightweight, RWD powerhouse vs awd, luxry coupe sports car, GT2 is Z06 competition, blue devil is just another excuse to try and take the throne!
I was not making a generalization about you as a person, I was responding to your post. I have seen you on this forum and E46 and I am aware that you have a background that expands beyond a single type of car.

Regardless, I was just trying to level the playing field. If you're going to take the best from one manufacturer, then take the best from the other. In any case neither are even released yet so internet racing is pretty useless. I believe the original topic was regarding the C6 Z06 vs. the 997TT, not these future variations.

Old 10-09-2006, 07:48 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Is the blue devil even going to get built? Judging from the great profits GM is having (Not) I doubt it. Either way I dont care, its not a car for me.
Had a GM product once and it was a GMC Denali, good SUV. Chevy's just dont cut it I dont care how fast they are you are what you are regardless of how fast you can run. And why do some people turn a simple thread into a pissing match about how much "better" the Vette is. ITS NOT, more to it than just the numbers, its the feeling of what you drive and for some Porsche is the way to go, others who cant/wont get a Porsche get something else. We never had this kind of pissing matches between a Ferrari car or a Lambo since I have been here, which leads me to believe that its the Vette enthuisiast (some) who come here to beat a dead horse on how a Vette Z06 is faster, we get it it is faster to some speeds. We are OK with it we just dont care.
As far as the article magazine that is what they did, good for them.

Bajo

Old 10-09-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by BBGT2
Is the blue devil even going to get built? Judging from the great profits GM is having (Not) I doubt it. Either way I dont care, its not a car for me.
Had a GM product once and it was a GMC Denali, good SUV. Chevy's just dont cut it I dont care how fast they are you are what you are regardless of how fast you can run. And why do some people turn a simple thread into a pissing match about how much "better" the Vette is. ITS NOT, more to it than just the numbers, its the feeling of what you drive and for some Porsche is the way to go, others who cant/wont get a Porsche get something else. We never had this kind of pissing matches between a Ferrari car or a Lambo since I have been here, which leads me to believe that its the Vette enthuisiast (some) who come here to beat a dead horse on how a Vette Z06 is faster, we get it it is faster to some speeds. We are OK with it we just dont care.
As far as the article magazine that is what they did, good for them.

Bajo
I think that pretty much sums it up. If you like P-cars then you're going to drive one regardless of what else is out there. Many sources suggest that the Blue Devil will be built, Dave Hill leaked it and there have been spy photos, but regardless, neither car is out yet so it's useless to **** match.

On the topic of the thread, I don't think anyone was trying to turn this thread into a pissing match about how much better the vette is, the only post I saw was shoving off topic to bring the GT2 into it. Of course most threads do end up that way.

That said, I prefer the 997TT.

Old 10-09-2006, 10:23 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
I stand corrected looks like there will be a derivative of the Z06 possible named the Z07. We shall see in time.
Supposedly with ALOT more power than the current Z06.
To each its own. Thank you Dr. Porsche for having a dream and making it a reality. Now bring on the 997 GT2 already Stuttgart !

Bajo

Old 10-10-2006, 01:25 AM
xandi911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rajtt
On the brighter side, the 997TT hold its own in straightline acceleration at least until ~100 mph and through the 1/4 mile.
sorry bad english...
something like ... 0 to 100 mph porsche is faster?

Old 10-10-2006, 02:43 AM
Originally Posted by xandi911
sorry bad english...
It is able to keep up and hold with the Z06 at lower speed acceleration thanks to AWD traction and a lot of torque down low in the power band. Also would have an advantage in lots of situations on the street. Higher speed runs are a different story.

Old 10-10-2006, 11:12 AM
rajtt is infamous around these parts
Typo

Originally Posted by xandi911
sorry bad english...
Fixed typo. Meant to type "held" rather than "hold"! The 997TT's advantage is essentially at the launch. The 0.3 second lead it has at the 100 kph (~62 mph) mark turns into a 0.1 second deficit at the 160 kph mark, so the Z06 manages to pip the century mark a tick sooner.

Last edited by rajtt; 10-10-2006 at 03:12 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:55 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KNanthrup
I was not making a generalization about you as a person, I was responding to your post. I have seen you on this forum and E46 and I am aware that you have a background that expands beyond a single type of car.

Regardless, I was just trying to level the playing field. If you're going to take the best from one manufacturer, then take the best from the other. In any case neither are even released yet so internet racing is pretty useless. I believe the original topic was regarding the C6 Z06 vs. the 997TT, not these future variations.
Ok then, well i appologize then for thinking that generalization was towards me!

Porsche has the Carrera GT, the best Porsche out so in fact i guess could be compared to the Z06 since its an entry level Supercar performer correct? But instead they go after the 911 Turbo series and in particular the 997TT. Maybe because the GT2 isnt out? Maybe because once the GT2 comes out it wont be able to do what it does against the 997TT? Who knows!

I love the Z06, believe me i do, its just the GT2 is main competition for a Z06, not the awd turbo like i said!

Old 10-11-2006, 02:47 AM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Ok then, well i appologize then for thinking that generalization was towards me!

Porsche has the Carrera GT, the best Porsche out so in fact i guess could be compared to the Z06 since its an entry level Supercar performer correct? But instead they go after the 911 Turbo series and in particular the 997TT. Maybe because the GT2 isnt out? Maybe because once the GT2 comes out it wont be able to do what it does against the 997TT? Who knows!

I love the Z06, believe me i do, its just the GT2 is main competition for a Z06, not the awd turbo like i said!
Fair enough... I will leave it at that because I suppose in the grand scheme of the real world, it doesn't matter what your competition is "supposed" to be, because if you pull up to a stoplight and an Enzo or a Veyron or a street legal drag car pulls up next to you, that mind set is not going to mean jack squat And the same goes for an open day at the road course. It's all in good fun anyways (unless of course you're on Pinks!, which would be a whole different story).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Swedish AMS 997TT vs. Z06 Track Comparo