997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Swedish AMS 997TT vs. Z06 Track Comparo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 11:39 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by iLLM3
I understand, but to come out and say the **** that was said, makes us Porsche guys look BAD, whether its joking or not, to make them mad or not, you know?
i def get what you mean, which is why unless someones going to say something harsh or talk trash, all im gonna do is voice my personal oppinions, thats all. i think it does make us looks bad at times, but i know for a fact that we are a great forum and 99% of the time, we have great discussions on here up and down the board.

Old 10-14-2006, 12:18 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Yes, the GT2 is RWD and maybe a better comparison for you... but what's the point of that comparison when one is over 2x as expensive? Normally a comparison will try to keep price CLOSER so people know what kind of PERFORMANCE (only tested) they are getting for $X.
Yes, a GT2 vs Z06 may be more fun to watch. But as a formal comparison, the only conclusion is that you get a nicer car when you spend ANOTHER $120K. Umm, that's obvious, no?
It's like me taking the S2000 vs Z06. Yeah, both RWD and 2 seats. Hondas best (sans Acura), and GMs. But there is NO point to this because when one person is going to look at one of these cars, chances are he/she isnt considering the purchase of the other. And what do you know, when you spend another $50K from the Honda, you get a lot more car (well, performance, which is all we are testing, AS WITH THE Z06 vs 997TT video).

As for the stereotypes of ghetto necklaces and tractor pulls: Which cowboys do you know that spend $80K on a car? Last time I checked, that was the price of a Carrera, and while money does NOT buy taste, typically a general income population can be organized through culture and see patterns in income. And for these ghetto rappers who get a quick year of fame and their gawdy jewerly - are they buying 911s, or Vettes?

Oh well.

And yes, no bud!!! But cheers!!! That was funny ****.

Last edited by WyattH; 10-14-2006 at 12:21 PM.
Old 10-14-2006, 01:41 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WyattH
Yes, the GT2 is RWD and maybe a better comparison for you... but what's the point of that comparison when one is over 2x as expensive? Normally a comparison will try to keep price CLOSER so people know what kind of PERFORMANCE (only tested) they are getting for $X.
Yes, a GT2 vs Z06 may be more fun to watch. But as a formal comparison, the only conclusion is that you get a nicer car when you spend ANOTHER $120K. Umm, that's obvious, no?
It's like me taking the S2000 vs Z06. Yeah, both RWD and 2 seats. Hondas best (sans Acura), and GMs. But there is NO point to this because when one person is going to look at one of these cars, chances are he/she isnt considering the purchase of the other. And what do you know, when you spend another $50K from the Honda, you get a lot more car (well, performance, which is all we are testing, AS WITH THE Z06 vs 997TT video).

As for the stereotypes of ghetto necklaces and tractor pulls: Which cowboys do you know that spend $80K on a car? Last time I checked, that was the price of a Carrera, and while money does NOT buy taste, typically a general income population can be organized through culture and see patterns in income. And for these ghetto rappers who get a quick year of fame and their gawdy jewerly - are they buying 911s, or Vettes?

Oh well.

Thing is, price shouldnt be relevant if a car company produces something to compete with top supercars and to be in the supercar level performance wise!

Old 10-14-2006, 06:10 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
But there is more to a car than performance, as we know. And price reflects that.

Chevy built a supercar - with supercar performance - NOT with supercar amenities and quality.

The Z06 DOES provide supercar performance. Hell, look at the results and numbers. Kudos to Chevy. I'll be one of the first to say that the interior is dull, build quality is still American, and the finishing touches are as well. But you get what you pay for. If you want a COMPLETE package, you'll be paying supercar prices.

For $80K, you get quite the car from the factory (Z06) in my opinion. But would I buy one? No, I would rather take the CaymanS. Knowing there is more to a car than performance, I would spend my money on those other aspects rather than STRICTLY performance. I hope I'm not being too redundant here.

I think in the end, price is relevant. You get what you pay for. If you want it all, you have to pay a lot more (GT2 @ 200k ie). But if you are content with performance and NOTHING ELSE (interior amenities, luxurious materials, bells/whistles/options, etc), the Z06 is a fine contender. It's not a bad car for $80K if that's what you want from it. Again, I'd opt for the CaymanS to compromise performance for other components.

Old 10-14-2006, 06:28 PM
2K7997TT is a jewel in the rough2K7997TT is a jewel in the rough2K7997TT is a jewel in the rough
But there is more to a car than performance, as we know. And price reflects that.

Chevy built a supercar - with supercar performance - NOT with supercar amenities and quality.

The Z06 DOES provide supercar performance. Hell, look at the results and numbers. Kudos to Chevy. I'll be one of the first to say that the interior is dull, build quality is still American, and the finishing touches are as well. But you get what you pay for. If you want a COMPLETE package, you'll be paying supercar prices.

For $80K, you get quite the car from the factory (Z06) in my opinion. But would I buy one? No, I would rather take the CaymanS. Knowing there is more to a car than performance, I would spend my money on those other aspects rather than STRICTLY performance. I hope I'm not being too redundant here.

I think in the end, price is relevant. You get what you pay for. If you want it all, you have to pay a lot more (GT2 @ 200k ie). But if you are content with performance and NOTHING ELSE (interior amenities, luxurious materials, bells/whistles/options, etc), the Z06 is a fine contender. It's not a bad car for $80K if that's what you want from it. Again, I'd opt for the CaymanS to compromise performance for other components.

Nicely summarized.

Old 10-14-2006, 07:48 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future

Oh well.

Good points made there, but about the price of the Carrera, thats a base price, a fully loaded Carrera costs upwards of $120K.

Old 10-14-2006, 08:03 PM
You're right, Porsches can get quite crazy with options.
I should edit the post to CaymanS or "nicely equipped Carrera". Even so, cowboys aren't driving around base Carreras when they could be. But that furthers another point of mine saying that you get what you pay for. The Porsche is a lot more money, and you get a lot more car for it. I'd take a Porsche over a Vette for sure, but I will respect the Vette for what it is.

No no, in all seriously, I'm glad we are all reconciliating.
Musta been that Bud...

Last edited by WyattH; 10-14-2006 at 08:08 PM.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:13 PM
LS7 Thunder is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
I totally agree. look at the number of posts they have, they come on here just to start trouble.
I hope you aren't referring to me, as I have very posts, but I don't talk trash and definitely ain't a troll. I've been a lurker for a long time, and read this board a few times a week, just trying to learn more about Porsches.

Old 10-15-2006, 11:48 PM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by amerlemans
I think I see more Benz's, Lexus and BMW's in this area than anything else. Although now that I have moved further west, I tend to see more F150's, Hummers and Silverado's than anything else. Oh, and those god awful Mustangs. I had your typical Mustang clown (shirtless, shoulder tatoo, scruffy thug beard and hat on backwards) fly up on me recently and damn near hit me in the *** end. I slowed and he pulled up beside me revving. I laughed in his face and pointed to his car laughing hysterically. I wish I could have taken a picture of his face at that time. I would never just laugh at someone's car if not provoked. This jackass deserved it. Call it pompous or whatever....he got what he deserved.

Thats the price of moving further out away from the congestion I suppose. Its worth it though as there are a ton of twisty country roads....and I work from my home office. ....No commute.
You're making a lot of generalizations on this thread (eg 'most Corvettes are parked at Wal (spelled with one L btw) mart...) that aren't very nice...

Why are you hating so much?

Old 10-16-2006, 02:25 AM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
Yes, these threads are getting old...Turbodog said it best (in another Vette Vs 997 thread) when he said "these are personal attacks"

I agree and am asking posters here not to make it personal, it solves nothing and does nothing other than perhaps the real reason of just trying to upset someone else.

Personal attacks will not be tolerated, you might get a warning...but you also might be banned.

There is no reason for this to happen..

THis thread is wrapped up...don't see it going anywhere...

Last edited by Control It; 10-16-2006 at 02:30 AM.