997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Corvette Z06 beats Porsche 997 Turbo around a track

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 01:51 AM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
For what it is, it's quite impressive.

Old 10-14-2006, 09:52 AM
Congaman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 2K7997TT
The front seats made me feel like a pair of DD ***** in a AAA bra.
Well, this could be because:

A) You have non or little experience from race seats, or
B) Your a BIG guy

Wich is it? I'm 198 cm and 115 kg. So I could say I'm a rater big guy....still the seats in the Z06 are very comfortable to me....that was one of the reasons why I choose a Z06 over a Porsche....

And also you think a Cayman will turn heads in 5 years? Well, in Sweden were I live it turns no heads even when it's new....here Porsche's are to common and normal....the Z06 is the unique head turning car over here....but I guess it's the other way around were you live!

Enjoy your Porsche, it's a great car.....I will for sure enjoy my Z06...

Old 10-14-2006, 10:02 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Congaman

B) Your a BIG guy

Wich is it? I'm 198 cm and 115 kg. So I could say I'm a rater big guy....still the seats in the Z06 are very comfortable to me....that was one of the reasons why I choose a Z06 over a Porsche....

And also you think a Cayman will turn heads in 5 years? Well, in Sweden were I live it turns no heads even when it's new....here Porsche's are to common and normal....the Z06 is the unique head turning car over here....but I guess it's the other way around were you live!

Enjoy your Porsche, it's a great car.....I will for sure enjoy my Z06...

Why do you continue to parade through this forum? You have a Z06. Congrats. Now head back over to CorvetteForum. Are you really that concerned about what P car owners think of your car? ....or just insecure. FWIW, I wouldn't dare go over to CF and post the crap you post here. Now, carry on....

Old 10-14-2006, 10:05 AM
amerlemans: What is your problem? Was I in anyway rude or what made yóu upset? As I wrote, your car is great, so enjoy it and stop these personal attacks.

Old 10-14-2006, 10:07 AM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Originally Posted by raidentech
So what????

Old 10-14-2006, 10:20 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
The Z06 is a damn fast car, I would love to have one as a weekend track toy, but I just can't handle the Chevy dealers.

Old 10-14-2006, 10:23 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
amerlemans: What is your problem? Was I in anyway rude or what made yóu upset? As I wrote, your car is great, so enjoy it and stop these personal attacks.
On this thread you have not said anything rude......yet.

You have about 20 posts on this forum and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM relates to the "greatness" of the Z06. This, my friend, is the definition of a TROLL. I remember when I had my C6 how nasty you guys at CF treated "Udaman" and "Johnny Porsh'a" and called them out for EXACTLY what you are doing over here.

No, you don't have to own a P car to engage in discussion about them but it appears all that you want to do is comment on how much better you think your Z06 is to the P car. Perhaps over time you will prove me wrong.

Oh, and please show me where you said my car is great. All I got out of you was...."its called a Coxster by Clarkson".....and...."over in Sweden, a CaymanS is not turing heads now so how is it going to 5 years from now"...Don't see any comments about great there.

Last edited by amerlemans; 10-14-2006 at 10:31 AM.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:34 AM
cooperlee is infamous around these parts
both great cars....but no basis for a fair comparison! NOT APPLES TO APPLES! Now y cant we just stop beating on our fingers here..... but instead go beat on our cars and enjoy them like they were supposed to be enjoyed and not just be talked about!! :=)

Personally I test drove both the Z06 and new tt. Loved them both but difference caliber, power delivery, handling, pimp factor, etc etc...

Old 10-14-2006, 10:55 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by cooperlee
both great cars....but no basis for a fair comparison! NOT APPLES TO APPLES! Now y cant we just stop beating on our fingers here..... but instead go beat on our cars and enjoy them like they were supposed to be enjoyed and not just be talked about!! :=)

Personally I test drove both the Z06 and new tt. Loved them both but difference caliber, power delivery, handling, pimp factor, etc etc...
Sounds good to me. BTW, Coop I love your interests listed in your profile....right up my alley. Although, I like American Lemans Series racing a smidge better than F1.

Old 10-14-2006, 11:02 AM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
I like this article better...haha..
another Z06 vs 997tt thread

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/s...100kph-0-test/

Last edited by alex911s; 10-14-2006 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by amerlemans
On this thread you have not said anything rude......yet.

You have about 20 posts on this forum and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM relates to the "greatness" of the Z06. This, my friend, is the definition of a TROLL. I remember when I had my C6 how nasty you guys at CF treated "Udaman" and "Johnny Porsh'a" and called them out for EXACTLY what you are doing over here.

No, you don't have to own a P car to engage in discussion about them but it appears all that you want to do is comment on how much better you think your Z06 is to the P car. Perhaps over time you will prove me wrong.

Oh, and please show me where you said my car is great. All I got out of you was...."its called a Coxster by Clarkson".....and...."over in Sweden, a CaymanS is not turing heads now so how is it going to 5 years from now"...Don't see any comments about great there.
Again personal attacks, you are putting words in my mouth that I haven't said....you feel hurt when I answer a post using the same rethoric as yours....you must try to understand that things are not the same here in Sweden as in USA.....we are on the other side of the world from you so you have to understand that things aren't the same.

Now I will not continue this disussion with you on the open forum.

Old 10-14-2006, 11:41 AM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 2K7997TT
I have driven the ZO6 for around 4 hours on a variety of roads. The front seats made me feel like a pair of DD ***** in a AAA bra. Road feel is an oxymoron in the ZO6 ('Fess up...it is no where close to any Porsche). The brake pedal feels like I am stepping on a 120 day old cantaloupe. The car has the feeling of airline turbulence while turning at high speed and rolling over a bump. And don't get me going on the interior. Can you say shake, rattle, and roll? My car only had 5600 miles on it. My point is this...the car is poorly engineered. My proof....in 5 years compare the resale value on a 70K 2006 ZO6 to a 70K CaymanS. One will be a parts depot for the avid racer and the other will still be turning heads.

Old 10-14-2006, 11:42 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci
eh. the turbo is still faster at the ring.
have ring times for the turbo been posted yet?

Old 10-14-2006, 11:45 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !

B) Your a BIG guy

Wich is it? I'm 198 cm and 115 kg. So I could say I'm a rater big guy....still the seats in the Z06 are very comfortable to me....
I love the corvette, but it's pretty hard to deny that the seats suck

Old 10-14-2006, 12:15 PM
GHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these partsGHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these parts
Here we go again.........(goes to grab popcorn and some Chex Mix)

FWIW, I think both cars have pretty awesome road presence and it is a drivers race anyway you cut it. Just buy what you like and move on.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Corvette Z06 beats Porsche 997 Turbo around a track