997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Post up pic of your 997TT!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 07:47 AM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SG
Do you have the Fabspeed exhaust or just the tips?
I have the exhaust as well and love it.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:58 AM
SG
SG has a spectacular aura aboutSG has a spectacular aura aboutSG has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by E55AMG
I have the exhaust as well and love it.
Was your car at detailing dynamics on LI a few weeks ago?

Old 07-03-2007, 07:38 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SG
Was your car at detailing dynamics on LI a few weeks ago?
yeah, was there on the 22-23 or so getting clear bra done. matt and co. did a great job. Eddie told me someone came to listen to the exhaust. was that you?

Old 07-03-2007, 08:08 PM
SG
SG has a spectacular aura aboutSG has a spectacular aura aboutSG has a spectacular aura about
yup. your car looks unreal. sounds good, too. it's really fast. I drove it around the block. just kidding.

you did the clear bra everywhere. how does it look on the front fenders and half hood?

Old 07-03-2007, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by SG
yup. your car looks unreal. sounds good, too. it's really fast. I drove it around the block. just kidding.

you did the clear bra everywhere. how does it look on the front fenders and half hood?
LOL The half hood (more like 1/4 I think LOL) was a last second decision. To be honest I have always hated clear bra - maybe goes back to the old days when it looked really bad? I don't know, always seemed like a condom for the car! Sounds weird but I like the feel of paint. I detail it myself (Matt was very impressed at the prep of my car - stopped dead in his tracks and said "no way a dealer prepped that car") and love the look/feel of fresh, clean paint.

I initially planned on doing front bumper, fogs, and lower section/wheel wells. When I dropped it off I went for the whole thing. One week into the car there were 2 little chips right next to the crest on the hood so I went with the hood.

They did an amazing job and i'm really glad I did it. Depending on the angle of the car, you can see it but you need to look for it.

Was at the car show at OBI the day after I picked it up and noticed several people bending and looking at the hood at different angles. I went over and they asked if it was my car. They were PCA members and complimented the job. they said it looked amazing and was impressed at how good the hood looked.

Did you see my car when it was done? If not and you want to see it let me know. I see your getting meteor so we're pretty similiar - the film should look very similiar.

Old 07-03-2007, 09:35 PM
SG
LOL The half hood (more like 1/4 I think LOL) was a last second decision. To be honest I have always hated clear bra - maybe goes back to the old days when it looked really bad? I don't know, always seemed like a condom for the car! Sounds weird but I like the feel of paint. I detail it myself (Matt was very impressed at the prep of my car - stopped dead in his tracks and said "no way a dealer prepped that car") and love the look/feel of fresh, clean paint.

I initially planned on doing front bumper, fogs, and lower section/wheel wells. When I dropped it off I went for the whole thing. One week into the car there were 2 little chips right next to the crest on the hood so I went with the hood.

They did an amazing job and i'm really glad I did it. Depending on the angle of the car, you can see it but you need to look for it.

Was at the car show at OBI the day after I picked it up and noticed several people bending and looking at the hood at different angles. I went over and they asked if it was my car. They were PCA members and complimented the job. they said it looked amazing and was impressed at how good the hood looked.

Did you see my car when it was done? If not and you want to see it let me know. I see your getting meteor so we're pretty similiar - the film should look very similiar.
I think I am going to do the bra like you had it. Again, your car looks sick - in and out. I have an install date on 7/16 at Matt's but I may not have the car. Killing me. I don't even remember what meteor looks like. I would love to see your car. Where are you? BTW - when I get my car, I will definitely allow you to detail it.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by SG
I think I am going to do the bra like you had it. Again, your car looks sick - in and out. I have an install date on 7/16 at Matt's but I may not have the car. Killing me. I don't even remember what meteor looks like. I would love to see your car. Where are you? BTW - when I get my car, I will definitely allow you to detail it.
I live in Smithtown. I know all about the wait - waited 6 months for mine. What dealer are you getting it from? I would strongly recommend you tell them not to touch the outside of the car - they WILL scratch the paint. Took mine to a local dealer this week for an inspection and peeked inside the service area. There was a guy detailing a new boxster and it was a horrible thing to witness!

I would be glad to detail it for you. Nothing like new, fresh paint to work with. My wife always asks me "why don't you detail my car"? "because it will look like **** in 3 days and will kill me to get it in decent shape".

Old 07-03-2007, 11:24 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DJ
Chris are these the fabspeed tips? They are the best looking exhaust tips I have ever seen on a PCAR!!

I would have to agree with Darren, changes the whole look of the back end, i love it.. Chris and Sam, let's get together soon

Old 07-04-2007, 07:42 AM
cooperlee is infamous around these parts
sounds good martin!!!

Old 07-04-2007, 03:35 PM
Banned
MBRP is infamous around these parts
Steven

Can you tell me the cost on the Dymags?

Thanks MB

Old 07-04-2007, 03:38 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
They are in the 8K range. If you want a formal quote to the penny let me know. I will be happy to put it together for you.

Old 07-04-2007, 03:42 PM
Banned
MBRP is infamous around these parts
Thanks Steven , pm'd you.

Has anyone here painted the centers on these wheels, and left the CF hoop? any pics?
MB

Old 07-04-2007, 05:22 PM
SG
I live in Smithtown. I know all about the wait - waited 6 months for mine. What dealer are you getting it from? I would strongly recommend you tell them not to touch the outside of the car - they WILL scratch the paint. Took mine to a local dealer this week for an inspection and peeked inside the service area. There was a guy detailing a new boxster and it was a horrible thing to witness!

I would be glad to detail it for you. Nothing like new, fresh paint to work with. My wife always asks me "why don't you detail my car"? "because it will look like **** in 3 days and will kill me to get it in decent shape".
That's very kind of you...are you then saying dont have the dealer detail the car upon delivery?

Old 07-04-2007, 08:19 PM
Paris_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the rough
nice ***!!!

Old 07-04-2007, 08:26 PM
nyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by cooperlee

saw your car at starbucks in little neck.........looks even better in person

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Post up pic of your 997TT!