997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Video: Lamborghini Gallardo vs Porsche 911 Turbo (997)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 07:04 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SCvet00
Hell, you might be able to outrun a C5 with your C4 one day, who knows
dude, if i wanted a car that was faster than anything else on the road, i would but a turbo. i havnt reached that plateau yet. maybe one day youll leave this forum because u dont belong here.

Old 11-13-2006, 07:05 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
dont try to insult my car then try to make nice. wasnt it you who said months and months ago u met up with a 997TT but never produced the video?
Yup, that was me, and the guy dissapeared with the video. I waited and waited and never received anything. This is another reason why i want to do it again with a forum member that way it will be published with or without a video (Not that there won't be a video or anything).

But any 997 TT owner would know that stock vs. stock, with equal drivers, the Z06 will win everytime and this is why I highly doubt I will get any challengers (But I hope I am wrong, still waiting for a PM or response)

Old 11-13-2006, 07:06 PM
evilb is infamous around these parts
I dont have to defend what i drive, i love my C4. instead, i laugh at the people why waste $75k on a plastic garbage can with a motor. you have no class whatsoever.
I'll second that.

What's really funny to me about Corvettes is how they look so incredibly dated and downright ugly just as soon as a new Corvette model comes out. Can't say the same about a lot of other cars that are in this discussion. That, and you see north of 3,000 of them on the road every single day just commuting to work.

This is a ridiculous argument. But, American Musclecar fanatics, generally speaking, are all about ET's and trap speeds, so the additional dynamics of a vehicle that truly make the car what it is are hidden by relatively pointless timeslips from the local 1/8th mile track. I used to own LT1 Z28's and Mustang Cobras, so I know the drill. This is precisely why Ford got rid of the IRS in the Cobra and went back to a solid axle. Doesn't look like that mindset is going to change, either.

My $0.02. Not trying to offend, as I have owned both types of vehicles. They each have their high points and their low points, but it seems like this thread is just focusing on the #'s and I seriously doubt that anybody on here cares just about numbers.

Brad

Old 11-13-2006, 07:13 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by evilb
I'll second that.

What's really funny to me about Corvettes is how they look so incredibly dated and downright ugly just as soon as a new Corvette model comes out. Can't say the same about a lot of other cars that are in this discussion. That, and you see north of 3,000 of them on the road every single day just commuting to work.

This is a ridiculous argument. But, American Musclecar fanatics, generally speaking, are all about ET's and trap speeds, so the additional dynamics of a vehicle that truly make the car what it is are hidden by relatively pointless timeslips from the local 1/8th mile track. I used to own LT1 Z28's and Mustang Cobras, so I know the drill. This is precisely why Ford got rid of the IRS in the Cobra and went back to a solid axle. Doesn't look like that mindset is going to change, either.

My $0.02. Not trying to offend, as I have owned both types of vehicles. They each have their high points and their low points, but it seems like this thread is just focusing on the #'s and I seriously doubt that anybody on here cares just about numbers.

Brad
Thank you Brad!
I have no problem with people who buy vipers, vettes, etc. a bunch of buddies of my drive mustangs, and vettes. do i like them, no, theyre not my style. but do they, yea. but if they could afford a turbo, they would in a sec because they love them too. they know the power they have stock and the power they are capable of producing.
I dont care strickly about numbers. i want a car that does it all. and there are words that describe that: Porsche, Lambo, and ferrari. many other cars are stricly focused on one this, and its speed.
I personally think the vetter is one of the worst looking cars ever to hit the road, and thats strictly my oppinion that i share with you and most of the people i know. and yes, you see them ALLLLLLLLL over!
I like that fact that i dont see Porsches everywhere. of course if youre in LA you do, but thats not the case everywhere. but that just goes to show how people recognize Porsche as a head figure when it comes to exotics/sports cars.

Old 11-13-2006, 07:19 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
i want a car that does it all. .
One reason why I purchased the new Z06..

A Z06 is much more appealing than ANY porsche, for the exception of the CGT, but that of course is all subjective, so who cares.

And you want to talk about seeing them ALLLLL over? Please, I have seen 2 other Z06's in my town, while every other car is a Porsche (But I don't know what kind, since I can really tell the difference between a 40K Boxster or a 190K GT2)

But back on topic here. Any 997 TT owners want to get a few runs in before the winter hits? I am willing to drive within a 100 mile radius of where I live (Fenton, MI)

Old 11-13-2006, 07:23 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Ill say it again we need to stop this ****. The Z06 looks amazing and goes like a european supercar, huge accomplishment and the 997TT continues its amazing heritage/engineering and also looks amazing, what else is there to bash.

Come on guys

Old 11-13-2006, 07:42 PM
evilb is infamous around these parts
Thank you Brad!
I have no problem with people who buy vipers, vettes, etc. a bunch of buddies of my drive mustangs, and vettes. do i like them, no, theyre not my style. but do they, yea. but if they could afford a turbo, they would in a sec because they love them too. they know the power they have stock and the power they are capable of producing.
I dont care strickly about numbers. i want a car that does it all. and there are words that describe that: Porsche, Lambo, and ferrari. many other cars are stricly focused on one this, and its speed.
I personally think the vetter is one of the worst looking cars ever to hit the road, and thats strictly my oppinion that i share with you and most of the people i know. and yes, you see them ALLLLLLLLL over!
I like that fact that i dont see Porsches everywhere. of course if youre in LA you do, but thats not the case everywhere. but that just goes to show how people recognize Porsche as a head figure when it comes to exotics/sports cars.
Agreed. I have a lot of emotional attachment to Mustangs, and a great appreciation for all of the cars that have been discussed here. But, the older I get, the more I realize that it's more than just straight line performance that makes me happy behind the wheel.

Brad

Old 11-13-2006, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by evilb
Agreed. I have a lot of emotional attachment to Mustangs, and a great appreciation for all of the cars that have been discussed here. But, the older I get, the more I realize that it's more than just straight line performance that makes me happy behind the wheel.

Brad
I can tell by that Cayman S you have. BTW, they are one of my fav cars right now. the looks, the feel. I think Porsche shows people that even without 500 hp you can make a car very fast. people aretoo involved in the numbers game. good aerodynamics, relat. low weight, flat tq curve and enough hp will yield you an amazingly fast, nimble, and great handling car.
I have to admit that i LOVE hp too, but i want a car that has a great suspension set up first. i also LOVE a car that has steering to finely tuned and allows me to take turns and curves very fast. doesnt get much more thrilling than than.
if you want a fast drag car, go buy an evo 8 or a supra and but 10-15K into it and you will CRUSH everything on the road, and you will only be spending 50-70K.

Old 11-13-2006, 10:10 PM
KNanthrup is just really niceKNanthrup is just really niceKNanthrup is just really niceKNanthrup is just really nice
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Ill say it again we need to stop this ****. The Z06 looks amazing and goes like a european supercar, huge accomplishment and the 997TT continues its amazing heritage/engineering and also looks amazing, what else is there to bash.

Come on guys
It's true and thats all there is to it. I can see why some of you guys get annoyed by some people coming on here and pushing the Z06's or the lambos, etc. but i see the same kind of bull**** spewing from some of the guys on here. PorscheC4 (amongst a few others) is fanboy beyond fanboys of Porsche products and while he's in the right place to be on this (porsche) forum I see absolutely ignorant comments that are useless to argue with. Same goes for people trolling here trying to start ****.

I guess it's useless to even say anything though because it will just continue. I really wish there we more true car enthusiasts who can respect any car for what it is and those whi like them because of it, myself being one of those.

Old 11-13-2006, 10:13 PM
KNanthrup is just really niceKNanthrup is just really niceKNanthrup is just really niceKNanthrup is just really nice
And as far as the thread topic goes, I definitely expected to see the 997TT walk on the G. Maybe not to that degree though. Either way I see the video as being legit. There may have been factors affecting the outcome but Gustav obviously didn't stage anything in any of his videos, he just video taped the event so stop attacking him. I would still take the G over the 997 though for various other reasons. Now the GT2/GT3 might be a different story.

Old 11-13-2006, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by KNanthrup
It's true and thats all there is to it. I can see why some of you guys get annoyed by some people coming on here and pushing the Z06's or the lambos, etc. but i see the same kind of bull**** spewing from some of the guys on here. PorscheC4 (amongst a few others) is fanboy beyond fanboys of Porsche products and while he's in the right place to be on this (porsche) forum I see absolutely ignorant comments that are useless to argue with. Same goes for people trolling here trying to start ****.

I guess it's useless to even say anything though because it will just continue. I really wish there we more true car enthusiasts who can respect any car for what it is and those whi like them because of it, myself being one of those.
You know what, yea I LOVE PORSCHES! I like what i like, theres nothing wrong with that. if i could buy two kinds of cars for my entire life, it would be Porsches and lambos. call me an elitist, call me a snob, i dont care, my passions and my thoughts on cars are what they are!

Old 11-13-2006, 10:23 PM
You know what, yea I LOVE PORSCHES! I like what i like, theres nothing wrong with that. if i could buy two kinds of cars for my entire life, it would be Porsches and lambos. call me an elitist, call me a snob, i dont care, my passions and my thoughts on cars are what they are!
Trust me I understand your passion well. I'm just saying that it's useless for people to try to argue with you about which car is better, etc. when you are so caught up in the cars that you are obsessed over. I can tell you right now that the Z06 has the edge in most any case in acceleration but I know that you are not going to accept it nor respect it because you hate corvettes. I love to play devils advocate on forums for the under-dog car in question because I love so many cars and try to bring them in to light but sometimes I recognize that it's just not worth it because some people simply do not respect other cars.

On the other hand I don't call you a snob, that's something that I have been known to be called before simply because where I live or what I wear or what I drive. You're not an elitist either. I have (almost) called some Ferrari drivers elitist but those were extreme cases and I typically refrain because I love Ferraris also You're not a snob because you drive a Porsche, and you're not a hick because you drive a Corvette. You're an enthusiast because you like that car. Period.

Last edited by KNanthrup; 11-13-2006 at 10:30 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by KNanthrup
Trust me I understand your passion well. I'm just saying that it's useless for people to try to argue with you about which car is better, etc. when you are so caught up in the cars that you are obsessed over. I can tell you right now that the Z06 has the edge in most any case in acceleration but I know that you are not going to accept it nor respect it because you hate corvettes. I love to play devils advocate on forums for the under-dog car in question because I love so many cars and try to bring them in to light but sometimes I recognize that it's just not worth it because some people simply do not respect other cars.

On the other hand I don't call you a snob, that's something that I have been known to be called off and on simply because where I live or what I wear or what I drive. You're not an elitist either. I have (almost) called some Ferrari drivers elitist but those were extreme cases and I typically refrain because I love Ferraris also
I dont have a problem with you playing devils advocate at all! I have been called a snob or elitist for many reasons(what i wear, where i went to school, etc). i know my oppinion are pretty hardcore but thats just the way i am.
while i dont like vettes at all, yea theyre fast in a straight line. do they offer me anything, NO WAY! for my money on an american car, its hands down a viper. they just have a pressence IMO that a lot of euro cars do, and the good to go with it.

Old 11-13-2006, 10:34 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
I dont have a problem with you playing devils advocate at all! I have been called a snob or elitist for many reasons(what i wear, where i went to school, etc). i know my oppinion are pretty hardcore but thats just the way i am.
while i dont like vettes at all, yea theyre fast in a straight line. do they offer me anything, NO WAY! for my money on an american car, its hands down a viper. they just have a pressence IMO that a lot of euro cars do, and the good to go with it.
Greg, have you driven a Viper?? LOL, they might look good but they are the biggest POS! I would take a Z06 any day over a Viper!

Old 11-13-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Greg, have you driven a Viper?? LOL, they might look good but they are the biggest POS! I would take a Z06 any day over a Viper!
ive been in them, never driven one though. i would trust dodge before i ever trusted chevy!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Video: Lamborghini Gallardo vs Porsche 911 Turbo (997)