997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Video: Lamborghini Gallardo vs Porsche 911 Turbo (997)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 10:55 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Blah, obviously the interior isnt from a Porsche/Lambo/BMW and so on, but i overall loved what the car had to offer in every way, of course with the upped interior from the C5, i mean come on, it looks like Rolls Royce compared to the C5 interior

Yea, i think its because it simulates the feel of death, you hit the throttle and instantly "see the light"
i wont step foot in one. unless you paid me $75K that is. from pics they dont look any different to me really. same plasticy look.

Old 11-13-2006, 11:00 PM
KNanthrup is just really niceKNanthrup is just really niceKNanthrup is just really niceKNanthrup is just really nice
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
the other thing about the z06 is, doesnt is share the same suspension with a chevy malibu? and the same steering wheel as well. i mean come on, for $75 shouldnt you be getting more than you get in a $15K car?
See this is the misinformation you get from the internet my friend. The Z06 suspension shares no aspect or component with anything else from chevy. I've never heard the Z06/Malibu one either Infact the Z06 suspension is even quite different than even the base C6 suspension. The steering wheel... also not even close to another platform's. It does share some plastic textures, and used to share stereo/climate control pieces

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_sh...ring_Wheel.jpg

Old 11-13-2006, 11:02 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by KNanthrup
See this is the misinformation you get from the internet my friend. The Z06 suspension shares no aspect or component with anything else from chevy. I've never heard the Z06/Malibu one either Infact the Z06 suspension is even quite different than even the base C6 suspension. The steering wheel... also not even close to another platform's. It does share some plastic textures, and used to share stereo/climate control pieces

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_sh...ring_Wheel.jpg
whats the name of the suspension it has? there was a specific name that was mentioned on here and it was the same as the malibu.

Old 11-13-2006, 11:05 PM
the suspension is a leaf something or other isnt it?

Look at this, talk about the viper being a POS, look what this guy had to deal with.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...light=z06+roof

Old 11-13-2006, 11:08 PM
KNanthrup is just really niceKNanthrup is just really niceKNanthrup is just really niceKNanthrup is just really nice
whats the name of the suspension it has? there was a specific name that was mentioned on here and it was the same as the malibu.
Probably that it uses traverse leaf springs. It's the butt of all corvette handling jokes. People hear "leaf springs" and think of old pickup trucks and crap like that and they don't realize that the springs the corvette uses are completely different. The entire suspension is very highly tuned. I don't think it would be pulling well over 1G on the skidpad or lapping huge times at the nurburgring if it had pickup truck/malibu suspension

Old 11-13-2006, 11:14 PM
Probably that it uses traverse leaf springs. It's the butt of all corvette handling jokes. People hear "leaf springs" and think of old pickup trucks and crap like that and they don't realize that the springs the corvette uses are completely different. The entire suspension is very highly tuned. I don't think it would be pulling well over 1G on the skidpad or lapping huge times at the nurburgring if it had pickup truck/malibu suspension
yea thats it.

Old 11-13-2006, 11:20 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Exactly! And like i said, every car first year has had its issues, no matter what it is!

Old 11-14-2006, 03:42 AM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
i wont step foot in one
Coming from a C4 owner..

Old 11-14-2006, 07:28 AM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
That C4 is still built a hell of alot better than a Vette

Christian

Originally Posted by SCvet00
Coming from a C4 owner..

Old 11-14-2006, 07:40 AM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
lets see what happens when the Porsche RWD GT2 comes out and then you can cry that your car is being chewed up and spit back out! the GT2 is going to absolutely crush everything in sight. with the power is supposed to have, and the weight, with relation to the 997TT running as fast as 11.6 in the quarter, we will prob see the 997 GT2 running high 10s. then what are you gonna say? beside 'your car costs $200K+'? NOTHING! 997TT and gallardo are two of the SEXIEST looking and fastest cars on the road! PERIOD!

I like what he said, so true.

Old 11-14-2006, 09:03 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
How in the hell did a Gallardo vs 997TT video turn this thread into another Z06 vs 997TT thread?!

The continuous bashing of cars you don't personally like is getting ridiculously old. And so are the blatent instigations that seem to be popping up more and more as of late. And yes...I'm talking to SCvett00, Allanlambo, Porsche C4...and everyone else that seems to constantly add fuel to the fire in these types of threads.

Knock it off already, or I'm closing the thread.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 11-14-2006 at 09:08 AM.