997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My Gallardo SE vs 06 Z06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 12:15 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by allanlambo
Ah, but something I did not know, due to the elevation of the track, An Sl65 will run SUBSTANTIALLY slower than you think.
Altitude doesn't effect TC'd cars much at all, since they create their own atmosphere.

Old 11-21-2006, 01:48 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
As a side not, I raced a supercharged Viper yesterday. This car was such a POS. It is the WORST sounding car Ive ever heard, had that stupid wing like the Supra on it, and on top of it all, up to 140, he pulled my Gallardo by less than 2 cars.
Thats impossible. There is no way you got beat by a POS anything.

By the way, I was all tripping out yesterday. I was vacuuming and got something lodged in the airway and it sounded exactly like your Gallardo, it was awesome.

Old 11-21-2006, 01:50 PM
Banned
allanlambo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 05997S
Thats impossible. There is no way you got beat by a POS anything.

By the way, I was all tripping out yesterday. I was vacuuming and got something lodged in the airway and it sounded exactly like your Gallardo, it was awesome.
I guess if I drove an 04 Bmw I too would be smoking the crackpipe.

Old 11-21-2006, 01:51 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Altitude doesn't effect TC'd cars much at all, since they create their own atmosphere.
Here in AZ, according to guys that have raced them, they dont run anywhere near as fast.

Old 11-21-2006, 02:02 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
I was under the impression that altitude does affect ET's?

Old 11-21-2006, 02:05 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
I guess if I drove an 04 Bmw I too would be smoking the crackpipe.
I like the BMW, for the money its hard to beat. On the other hand, if I had spent you know 175K on a Gallardo and got beat by POS ZO6's and Vipers in roll ons and at the track, I guess I would be pretty bitter to. I hate getting ripped off.

Old 11-21-2006, 02:11 PM
SD1
Originally Posted by TKDalumni
I was under the impression that altitude does affect ET's?
It does, but its a function of the density altitude.

http://wahiduddin.net/calc/calc_da.htm

It is affected by several factors not just the elevation.

Old 11-21-2006, 02:13 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
This thread is even funnier than the Z06 threads to date.
Allan I do have a question for you though and realize that I am not trying to start a pissing match here, but why is a SC Viper considered a POS by you?
Granted its not a P car nor a Lambo but there are plenty of cars out there that are quick, fast etc that dont have to be considered a POS.
I dont like Vette's but I wont bash them, I think the Z06 is a fast *** coupe and the sound it produces is intoxicating as are Lambo's.
I tried to play with a Z06 with my 997TT but he wouldnt do it awhile back, does it mean that I would have lost, maybe yes maybe no. It always comes back as to what the driver can do. Last night I saw the same dude with the same Vette Z06 and after I heard his car in a distance and gave chase but this time he was willing to play but unfortunately I couldnt because my family and I were coming home from dinner and I had the wife's G55 .
I think your Lambo is a awesome car, would I ever consider buying one, yes I have and passed. More power to you (pun intended) and happy motoring I just think that this kind of posting with all this hatred and disrespect should stop as its pointless and I am not singleing you out I am asking everyone to stop. This is a great forum and we dont need this kind of BS, we really dont fella's. Hopefully one day we can do a national 6speed meet and we can all compare our cars in person.

Again I mean no disrespect to anyone and just thought I would post as I have been following this thread from the begining.

We all drive what we love and if we cant at least we can dream that one day we will.

Bajo

Old 11-21-2006, 02:14 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
So how are TC'd cars at less of a disadvantage than NA cars?

Old 11-21-2006, 02:15 PM
Banned
I like the BMW, for the money its hard to beat. On the other hand, if I had spent you know 175K on a Gallardo and got beat by POS ZO6's and Vipers in roll ons and at the track, I guess I would be pretty bitter to. I hate getting ripped off.
I spent more than 175K for my car, and hardly feel ripped off. Stock for stock it runs with the best of them, and inmo looks better than all of them.

Your BMW on the other hand, well atleast you could of sprung for the 750...

Old 11-21-2006, 02:18 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Awsome post!!!!

Christian

Originally Posted by BBGT2
This thread is even funnier than the Z06 threads to date.
Allan I do have a question for you though and realize that I am not trying to start a pissing match here, but why is a SC Viper considered a POS by you?
Granted its not a P car nor a Lambo but there are plenty of cars out there that are quick, fast etc that dont have to be considered a POS.
I dont like Vette's but I wont bash them, I think the Z06 is a fast *** coupe and the sound it produces is intoxicating as are Lambo's.
I tried to play with a Z06 with my 997TT but he wouldnt do it awhile back, does it mean that I would have lost, maybe yes maybe no. It always comes back as to what the driver can do. Last night I saw the same dude with the same Vette Z06 and after I heard his car in a distance and gave chase but this time he was willing to play but unfortunately I couldnt because my family and I were coming home from dinner and I had the wife's G55 .
I think your Lambo is a awesome car, would I ever consider buying one, yes I have and passed. More power to you (pun intended) and happy motoring I just think that this kind of posting with all this hatred and disrespect should stop as its pointless and I am not singleing you out I am asking everyone to stop. This is a great forum and we dont need this kind of BS, we really dont fella's. Hopefully one day we can do a national 6speed meet and we can all compare our cars in person.

Again I mean no disrespect to anyone and just thought I would post as I have been following this thread from the begining.

We all drive what we love and if we cant at least we can dream that one day we will.

Bajo

Old 11-21-2006, 02:20 PM
SD1
I spent more than 175K for my car, and hardly feel ripped off. Stock for stock it runs with the best of them, and inmo looks better than all of them.

Your BMW on the other hand, well atleast you could of sprung for the 750...
Why, so I could beat your lambo to 60?

Old 11-21-2006, 02:21 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !

Christian

Why, so I could beat your lambo to 60?

Old 11-21-2006, 02:23 PM
Damn!!!!!!

Old 11-21-2006, 02:25 PM
Raz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to all
LOL...this thread is funny and ridiculous at the same time. You guys get too bent out of shape on whose car is faster. Just be happy with what you have, and stop comparing. Who cares if a Z06 beats a Lambo....A SC'd TOYOTA Supra will beat both..so who's better?? A better question is, which one will attract more chicks??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Gallardo SE vs 06 Z06