997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My Gallardo SE vs 06 Z06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 03:00 AM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Ok, while it seems like you would have kept on pulling on the GT3, I am still now officialy gonna say that the Z06 driver was clueless. Let me explain why and then you tell me your thoughts, Allan.

How is that when you raced the GT3, you were pretty even for about 2 secs or so, but, when you raced the Z06, you pulled on him pretty hard right from the beginning of the race? That would imply that the GT3, had it raced the Z06, would have gotten the jump on it and stayed ahead for a little bit, which we all know, would never happen given equal starts/drivers.

Ya, idk what to say, but now I know something is not right.

Last edited by SCvet00; 11-17-2006 at 03:05 AM.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:12 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SCvet00
Ok, while it seems like you would have kept on pulling on the GT3, I am still now officialy gonna say that the Z06 driver was clueless. Let me explain why and then you tell me your thoughts, Allan.

How is that when you raced the GT3, you were pretty even for about 2 secs or so, but, when you raced the Z06, you pulled on him pretty hard right from the beginning of the race? That would imply that the GT3, had it raced the Z06, would have gotten the jump on it and stayed ahead for a little bit, which we all know, would never happen given equal starts/drivers.

Ya, idk what to say, but now I know something is not right.

Old 11-17-2006, 05:08 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by treynor
Don't be silly - we both know that trap speed is an accurate indication of power to weight. 126 MPH vs 116-119 MPH?? The SL will trounce the G from a roll as well as a stop.
Exactly.

Trap Speed is *totally different* than E.T. You can spin your tires, bog, get a crappy launch..and still hit the same Trap Speed if your car has the power to do so. It's a *direct indicator* of wheel HP, as well as roll-on capability.

The only people that argue this point are those that do not understand what they are talking about.

A stock SL65 will always beat a Gallardo from a roll. Period.

Old 11-17-2006, 05:10 AM
AdamT has a spectacular aura aboutAdamT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by allanlambo
Dude, please give it a rest. In Gustavs gay *** videos.....etc etc etc
Im not even going to bother with your response allan, your post is gibberish.

all the best
adam

Old 11-17-2006, 05:16 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Actually it is much easier to run the 1/4 mile in an automatic on drag radials, then in a 4 wheel drive 6 speed. So I dont choose to burn my clutch. As you know many conditions affect a cars numbers at a track, ive seen people run 11's all day long at Bradenton in Florida, and then run 12.40's at Moroso in Florida.
Alan,

With all due respect, you really have no clue what you're talking about. You're confusing E.T. with Trap Speed. They're two different entities, and they are independent of one another.

You don't even understand that Trap Speed and roll-on capability are literally one in the same.

Old 11-17-2006, 06:27 AM
dr_sharp is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RPM
Help me help you.

Old 11-17-2006, 06:39 AM
Indykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the rough
I usually try to aviod talking ET's because they are going to be different depending on location. Some tracks are just plain faster than others. There are two track about 50 miles apart here and my et was better at one and my trap was better at another, trap speed is by far a better way of comparing cars when internet racing. However the only way to get a real world answer is to run the cars at the same location at the same time. All this magazine talk will make you crazy.

Lee

Old 11-17-2006, 07:12 AM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Allan, just run your car using KPG's driftbox. I believe the offer is still open.

Old 11-17-2006, 07:52 AM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Sorry fella, both of my antiques can/will beat that overpriced Italian by bus lenghts

Christian

Oh please, did you race in the forest?

Old 11-17-2006, 08:34 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
This is getting ridiculous. We should all be grateful that we are in a position to be arguing the merits of these incredible cars we own and drive. When it gets to this level does it really matter who is .5 car lengths ahead at 140mph? You're talking about hundreths of a second difference.

I for one am glad that the Gallardo doesn't get the attention in deserves - if it did, it would be appreciated like the Ferraris well beyond my reach. Even as it is now, I would have a hard time pulling the trigger on such an expense. That being said, the G makes any Porsche look like Hilary Rodham standing next to Heidi Klum. Hilary may have more "power" but lets not kid ourselves. Heidi looks hot wearing a potato sack and shoveling dog ****. I still want a Proteus SE and when it depreciates to a more reasonable level, I will have it.

Old 11-17-2006, 08:36 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by lager99
That one is better.
Looks like a black labrador retriever in a coal mine...

Old 11-17-2006, 09:10 AM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
Allan, just run your car using KPG's driftbox. I believe the offer is still open.
It is......

Old 11-17-2006, 09:54 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
That is an old g, and not an accurate description.
That may be a old video but a MUCH BETTER depiction of a race than your video. How is this not a "accurate description" ????? What gives your video any more credibility? I guess this video must not be real? I'm confused by your statement....

Old 11-17-2006, 09:58 AM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
If the newer Gallardo has an additional 20-30hp at the wheels, the outcome will not be much different, very little

Christian

Old 11-17-2006, 10:01 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
And we care about his trap speed why?

So lets see, what does a Gt3 run in the 1/4? 105mph? I guess it must, since I can pull pretty hard on one of those.
It trapped at 113 on bald tires.
I am sure I can get it to trap higher than that at our drag day on 12/2.
Lets run them again then.

Last edited by LUISGT3; 11-17-2006 at 10:06 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Gallardo SE vs 06 Z06