997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My Gallardo SE vs 06 Z06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 12:16 AM
Banned
allanlambo is infamous around these parts
My Gallardo SE vs 06 Z06

I guess ill just post this here, only because people seem to think that a stock 997TT is going to run away from an 06 Gallardo. Not to mention you have guys like Gustav posting these videos that show all these cars running away from them, like the M5 or M6 , which are subsequently killed by the Z06 which starts in the wrong gear.

Anyways, we raced like 10 times. We raced from 50 mph in 2nd, and from 70 mph in 3rd. Each time pretty much the same result, and we'd end at approx 135mph. From 50mph in 2nd, it seems that my Gallardo gets the jump, and maybe even slightly pulls. it holds that lead through 3rd, until I have to shift into 4th, while I believe he is still in gear, at which point he makes up the lead I have, and pulls approx 1 car, maybe slightly more till we let off. At that point, it also does not seem like he continues to pull anymore either. It will be interesting to see what happens if we go even faster. I let him do the 3 honks, since its hard to drive, shift, film and steer at the same time.

Here is the crappy vid, you get the idea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yemxRqOlgo

Old 11-15-2006, 12:22 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by allanlambo
I guess ill just post this here, only because people seem to think that a stock 997TT is going to run away from an 06 Gallardo. Not to mention you have guys like Gustav posting these videos that show all these cars running away from them, like the M5 or M6 , which are subsequently killed by the Z06 which starts in the wrong gear.

Anyways, we raced like 10 times. We raced from 50 mph in 2nd, and from 70 mph in 3rd. Each time pretty much the same result, and we'd end at approx 135mph. From 50mph in 2nd, it seems that my Gallardo gets the jump, and maybe even slightly pulls. it holds that lead through 3rd, until I have to shift into 4th, while I believe he is still in gear, at which point he makes up the lead I have, and pulls approx 1 car, maybe slightly more till we let off. At that point, it also does not seem like he continues to pull anymore either. It will be interesting to see what happens if we go even faster. I let him do the 3 honks, since its hard to drive, shift, film and steer at the same time.

Here is the crappy vid, you get the idea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yemxRqOlgo
i think that a 997TT will walk an 04 or 5 g all day. but what your videos have proven(regardless of you having full exhaust and intake), the new 06s are a very good improvement. you def got the jump, and a pretty decent one at that. the z06 did overtake you because u had to shift to 4th right? i would be interested to see what would happen if you went a little faster.

Old 11-15-2006, 12:31 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
i think that a 997TT will walk an 04 or 5 g all day. but what your videos have proven(regardless of you having full exhaust and intake), the new 06s are a very good improvement. you def got the jump, and a pretty decent one at that. the z06 did overtake you because u had to shift to 4th right? i would be interested to see what would happen if you went a little faster.
He honked the horn, and we raced several times and each and everytime regardless of who would get a slight jump, the result was the same. We raced in 3rd at 70mph, and same result, G ahead till I shift 4th. Guy is on my board, who will tell you the same.

Regardless of me having an exhaust or not, I will tell you that a stock 06 G, will not get walked by a 997TT. Also, this Z06 has 10K miles on it, my car isnt even broken in yet.

Old 11-15-2006, 12:40 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
He honked the horn, and we raced several times and each and everytime regardless of who would get a slight jump, the result was the same. We raced in 3rd at 70mph, and same result, G ahead till I shift 4th. Guy is on my board, who will tell you the same.

Regardless of me having an exhaust or not, I will tell you that a stock 06 G, will not get walked by a 997TT. Also, this Z06 has 10K miles on it, my car isnt even broken in yet.
i dont think an 06 g will get walked but i think the 997TT will pull slightly. those races with the 04 vs the TT were not even fair.
either way stock they are much faster was my main point and yours moves even faster. just get some better videos next time, so we can see better!

Old 11-15-2006, 12:42 AM
Banned
i dont think an 06 g will get walked but i think the 997TT will pull slightly. those races with the 04 vs the TT were not even fair.
either way stock they are much faster was my main point and yours moves even faster. just get some better videos next time, so we can see better!
I dont think the 997Tt will pull at all. I agree that an 04 G will get walked.

Old 11-15-2006, 12:51 AM
Banned
Old 11-15-2006, 12:52 AM
I dont think the 997Tt will pull at all. I agree that an 04 G will get walked.
i guess well just have to wait for a stock TT vs a stock 06 g to surface and then we can see. i only say that because masterlu, who has a 997TT, 06 SE G and an f430 says the 997TT pulls on both a good amount. i havnt seen it myself, but if he has all three, you kinda think he would have an idea. id def like to see a video of that race though!

Old 11-15-2006, 12:54 AM
that vette took a long time to ALMOST catch up completely.

Old 11-15-2006, 12:58 AM
lager99 is infamous around these parts
That one is better.

Old 11-15-2006, 12:59 AM
Banned
i guess well just have to wait for a stock TT vs a stock 06 g to surface and then we can see. i only say that because masterlu, who has a 997TT, 06 SE G and an f430 says the 997TT pulls on both a good amount. i havnt seen it myself, but if he has all three, you kinda think he would have an idea. id def like to see a video of that race though!
I met Masterlu, nice guy, but I dont think he drives his gallardo with the same vigor as his 997TT. SrG, also has a F430 and a 997TT, and him I also know well, and know he drives his cars HARD, and he says his TT is not faster than his 430 nor his Murci.

Old 11-15-2006, 01:02 AM
I met Masterlu, nice guy, but I dont think he drives his gallardo with the same vigor as his 997TT. SrG, also has a F430 and a 997TT, and him I also know well, and know he drives his cars HARD, and he says his TT is not faster than his 430 nor his Murci.
either way, they are both fast as hell, and sexy looking cars, we can def both agree on that.

Old 11-15-2006, 01:03 AM
my dad is really hooked on the g now too! hes a Porsche guy, but has fallen in love with the g and we will be taking a look at one over the xmass holiday most likely.

Old 11-15-2006, 01:35 AM
yh8t is infamous around these parts
Here is what I have noticed so far you can hit 70 miles per hour in the vette 1st gear 2nd can pullyou to about 115 so basically you have to be more of a driver in any exotic to beat that car. It can be done however most drivers quit at about 130 many of us can agree that in safe driving conditions thats where most exotics get going. Porsche Ferari and Lamborghini will take it from there.

Last edited by yh8t; 11-15-2006 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:37 AM
Originally Posted by yh8t
Here is what I have noticed so fat you can hit 70 miles per hour in the vette 1st gear 2nd can pullyou to about 115 so basically you have to be more of a driver in any exotic to beat that car. It can be done however most drivers quit at about 130 many of us can agree that in safe driving conditions thats where most exotics get going. Porsche Ferari and Lamborghini will take it from there.
Yes! Porsches, ferraris, and lambos are meant to shine at speeds 120 and above, much more so than anything american!

Old 11-15-2006, 05:14 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
[quote=PorscheC4]Yes! Porsches, ferraris, and lambos are meant to shine at speeds 120 and above, much more so than anything american![/quote

Wrong, ZO6 has the advantage above 120 mph and will walk away from there!997 tt has the advantage under 100 mph.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Gallardo SE vs 06 Z06