997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Green Ruf RT12

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 09:45 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute

Old 11-23-2006, 09:45 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute

Old 11-23-2006, 10:56 AM
xandi911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DJ
only 350km/h in the speedoo? !

Old 11-23-2006, 10:59 AM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
brn-997tt, Leon,

Thank you for correcting me.

Cheers!

Old 11-23-2006, 11:42 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by pilone
exactly!
Would pay to see it...
Do you have pics Erik?
i saw the RGT being built when I was at Pfaffenhausen in late September. I took some pictures, but the car was not yet complete, so you can't really see a whole lot (other than that its a 997-based car, and those tasty 993 GT2-style riveted-on wheel arches play a prominent part of the overall look).

can't wait to see the finished product!

Old 11-23-2006, 11:53 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by xandi911
only 350km/h in the speedoo? !
technically its 370km/h... there's those 2 notches after the 350. there's a 400km/h version... but its up to the customer to choose.

as the car was GPS tested to 363km/h... the 370km/h version of the speedo seems ok to me. of course, 400km/h on your dash is great for show-and-tell!

Old 11-23-2006, 11:59 AM
DavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud of
The difference between the RT12 and the R Kompressor is the hole on the back of the car:

Old 11-23-2006, 02:49 PM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
Yes I have seen a picture of the RGT.

Since it will be released in Essen Motorshow next week I think you will have to wait. There will also be a Cayman with a lot of horses...more than I expected.

@DavidS -> The rear is not the only difference, remember that the previous RGT had the wide fenders and another wing

The engine is natrual aspirated, and I hope the amount of hp will please.

Old 11-23-2006, 02:51 PM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
Here's some info and pics on the old RGT.

Note the fenders, not so easy to see on the pics.

http://www.rufautocentre.com/newcars/RUF_RGT.asp

Old 11-23-2006, 03:44 PM
DavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Erik
@DavidS -> The rear is not the only difference, remember that the previous RGT had the wide fenders and another wing
With that pic I was trying to show the difference between the R Kompressor and the RT12 as they do look quite similar.

Now about the RGT.
The RGT looked like this:

After the facelift the RGT got the bigger fenders:

Old 11-23-2006, 03:52 PM
DJ
david any more shots of the silver 997 Ruf please ?

Old 11-23-2006, 03:55 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Some more pics of the RGT off RAC's site.

Old 11-23-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by DJ
DJ,

Not silver but here are some pics I think you will like.

Off RAC's site as well.

Steve Beddor's CTR2 Sport?

Old 11-23-2006, 03:58 PM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
ok... RUF guys any idea how much to purchase the Mirrors for a 997GT3??? are they still automatic??? please let me know... love the mirrors

Old 11-23-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by DJ
I have one more for you:

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Green Ruf RT12