997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

At Sharkwerks - They are flashing my ECU!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 02:28 PM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up At Sharkwerks - They are flashing my ECU!!!

Waiting here patiently while they flash my ECU for the EVOMS/GIAC software. I can't wait.

Sharky will post pics and I'll post details as to the difference later tonight!

Old 12-01-2006, 04:08 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Hehe well that sure was fun I'll post some pix tomorrow and stay "tuned" for an annoucement VERY soon...

In the mean-time let me give you guys a brief description of the before and after from a driver's perspective. Forget 1st gear obviously. The nose lifts like mad now (I got a video of that heh) and rolling from second with the sport mode and PASM off and those 20s (Fred dammit!) there were some traction issues but the delivery of the power is ultra-smooth and earlier than before. With the headers and exhaust uncorking there's so little lag it's big-block-like. Comparing it to a 996TT kit I would say it would whoop on a Stage III- that's just my guess and possibly a stage IV. It would certainly pull away from the start and I don't think the K24s would catch it.

I'll show you guys pix upon the release but for now here's James coming back grinning from a test drive:

Old 12-01-2006, 04:32 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !

Old 12-01-2006, 04:37 PM
K24madness is infamous around these parts
Congrats Fred. Its sure to be a blast!!!!

Old 12-01-2006, 04:48 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by fredttx50
Waiting here patiently while they flash my ECU for the EVOMS/GIAC software. I can't wait.

Sharky will post pics and I'll post details as to the difference later tonight!
Yeah, I saw Fred online while Sharky was busy out back on the 997 TT when I went to pick up the caps today. Hehe... glad everything worked out Fred.

My check engine light did just come on... hope it is nothing big.

Old 12-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Fred come pick me up.

Old 12-01-2006, 05:10 PM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
back at the office and got to punch it a little but not too hard. All I can say is that I'm very happy. Car just goes! I was actually surprised how quick it was but also how smooth it was. There will always be some lag until we get new turbos but it's such a great improvement.

However for those who do this upgrade (promotive, techart, etc) I highly recommend staying with 19s and doing some suspension. Having 20's and stock suspension is fine but if you are going to really push the car it would be safer with a better suspension, smaller wheels and better tires.

I have my stockers so that will address the wheels but time to upgrade the suspension and keep that front end down

Old 12-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Nice Fred! Can't wait to see it Saturday morning.

Old 12-01-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by fredttx50
back at the office and got to punch it a little but not too hard. All I can say is that I'm very happy. Car just goes! I was actually surprised how quick it was but also how smooth it was. There will always be some lag until we get new turbos but it's such a great improvement.

However for those who do this upgrade (promotive, techart, etc) I highly recommend staying with 19s and doing some suspension. Having 20's and stock suspension is fine but if you are going to really push the car it would be safer with a better suspension, smaller wheels and better tires.

I have my stockers so that will address the wheels but time to upgrade the suspension and keep that front end down
Haha I just watched the video. The nose lifts like crazy! I agree on the smoothness. All of the turbo software Garrett has is like that- even on my GT800. It just pulls smooooothly. You are so right about the 20s. With the PASM off, the Sport mode on and those 20s it's akin to being on ice.

Old 12-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by Redlinerobert
Nice Fred! Can't wait to see it Saturday morning.
Hey man sounds good.... Hopefully see you "before" then anyways

Old 12-01-2006, 05:32 PM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Very nice things you are doing to your car man!

Seems like you can't resist on tuning it...
Do you know how much extra hp the car got after the ECU mod?

Old 12-01-2006, 05:47 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Nice Fred!!
I was gonna wait but I'm late for work.. i mean for lunch
I need to go GT640 then to keep up

Old 12-01-2006, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by alex911s
Nice Fred!!
I was gonna wait but I'm late for work.. i mean for lunch
I need to go GT640 then to keep up
Settle down will you Stage II, PSS9s, SSK and you LIVE with that for more than 3 months and prove you're keeping the car first

Old 12-01-2006, 05:52 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
James looks sinister.

Old 12-01-2006, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by pilone
Very nice things you are doing to your car man!

Seems like you can't resist on tuning it...
Do you know how much extra hp the car got after the ECU mod?
Gains from the GIAC flash are 60HP and 50TQ

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: At Sharkwerks - They are flashing my ECU!!!