997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

XM Radio for my PCM3!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 01:05 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by raclaims
Do you really think it's worth that kind of money for Satellite radio?

I can still add it to my Turbo order for around $900 factory installed...
Depends on if you take any long drives or you like non-traditional music (i.e. techno, unedited rap, etc.) or if you like comedy/sports channels. I love Sirius - it was a lifesaver driving cross country in my S4.

Personally, I'd listen to sat radio more than an iPod in my car - I save the iPod for long plane rides and for my workouts.

Old 12-07-2006, 01:42 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, it will work on with a changer

Old 12-07-2006, 04:25 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Depends on if you take any long drives or you like non-traditional music (i.e. techno, unedited rap, etc.) or if you like comedy/sports channels. I love Sirius - it was a lifesaver driving cross country in my S4.

Personally, I'd listen to sat radio more than an iPod in my car - I save the iPod for long plane rides and for my workouts.
Thanks for the input. I just bought my wife a MB GL450 today and it has Sirius and it seems pretty cool. I guess I'll check it out for a few days and decide...still seems steep but I guess nothing on this car is cheap.

Old 12-07-2006, 04:27 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
That is how I feel. I know these units don't cost anywhere near that, but to be honest I do not want something FM modulated in the car because it sounds like crap and I want a clean install. This is the best way!

It is in and done. I will post a few pics later.

Old 12-07-2006, 05:15 PM
Here is a pic of the face in full action.

Old 12-07-2006, 06:58 PM
PorscheJ is infamous around these parts
where can I get one?

Old 12-07-2006, 07:08 PM
I have them. PM me.

Old 12-10-2006, 08:15 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
sasportas has a spectacular aura aboutsasportas has a spectacular aura about
xm

I'm ordering a new 997 GT3 with PCM. Will I be able to add XM? Can the dealer install - or do I need a special kit and have someone else install? Or, do I order the car without and wait for PCM3?

Old 12-11-2006, 10:48 AM
Yes, you can use it. Will the dealer install?? I don't know. Depends on the dealer. There is no special kit for the car but the dealer may simply not want to install it because it wasn't built for the car.

Old 12-15-2006, 08:32 PM
tweety is infamous around these parts
I may have already asked this in a PM but I can't find it so here is the question.
I have an 03 Targa that the previous owner did NOT order the NAV in. The car does have the MOST arrangement in it, that I learned from this board.

Can I get a NAV system from another 996 that is 2003-present and be able to do this mod like you have done?
I think that I got lost on the sidewalk when you talk about versions of the PCM.
I have seen NAV units on ebay, had a discussion with another user here on the board about buying his, and wonder what-if any difference there is to pull this off if I use a 996 unit or one from the Cayenne.

Old 12-15-2006, 11:23 PM
I believe so but the software will need to be updated and the system turned on with the PST2 or PIWIS. They all should work since the MOST system will see it in line.