997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

XM Radio for my PCM3!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 11:49 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
XM Radio for my PCM3!!

Another mod....yes! I am out of control! MORE!!

Here is XM conversion kit for the PCM3 in the TT. It is actually not for the TT but will work. Earlier I had mentioned that the PIWIS showed coding for XM and Sirus. Well, here ya go!! Unit will intrface directly with the PCM and work like it was from the factory.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:21 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Do you know if there is a Sirius kit that will work on an '06 997S w/PCM?

Thanks - that is an awesome find!!

Old 12-06-2006, 12:29 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Sure is, drop me an email if you want to look into it. I will warn you, these are not cheap! I however do not want a goofy FM modulated thing hanging off of my dash!

Old 12-06-2006, 12:30 PM
ixlr82 is infamous around these parts
Yes the Sirius kit will work for the 06 PCM as well.

Old 12-06-2006, 03:56 PM
kmp254 is infamous around these parts
How much for the conversion / installation?

Old 12-06-2006, 10:19 PM
The kit is around 900 something. I am doing a write up on it now. The system will acknowledge the unit when plugged in. I tried it. I also discovered a few other issues and fixes with the kit and eliminated half the harness. I will finish it up tomorrow and post. It is pretty cool to have it pop up on the screen XM with the little yellow XM signal in the unit.

Old 12-06-2006, 11:10 PM
mishref is infamous around these parts
Great stuff .. now we want an ipod interface!

Old 12-06-2006, 11:12 PM
That one is not going to happen unless Porsche does it. The issue is the MOST system.

For me I just burn MP3s. I think I have gotten 120 on one disc.

Old 12-07-2006, 01:16 AM
Ditto..
I was running a FM-mod for the ipod .. the quality was terrible; switched back to mp3-cds. Its a shame that the PCM can't read DVDs .. you could fit 700 - 800 songs on em

Old 12-07-2006, 09:18 AM
Trundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond repute
PCM that is in the Turbo is v.2.1

PCM 3.0 is not out yet, should appear in the new Cayenne first then the 997 refresh.

Old 12-07-2006, 09:47 AM
My bad, should have not put 3 up there. It needs the latest software version out there. Poor use of words on my part.

We did get it hooked up and tested yesterday. I made the mistake of ordering the system without CD changer. However with the NAV you need the MOST with the jumpers in it to get the NAV and XM on line together. The good news is the system picks it up as soon as you plug it in.

I removed part of the harness and swapped the end plugs on the original NAV and retained that original wire. In all I have removed half of the harness that came with the kit initially. Cleans up the install.

Old 12-07-2006, 11:10 AM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Do you really think it's worth that kind of money for Satellite radio?

I can still add it to my Turbo order for around $900 factory installed...

Old 12-07-2006, 11:11 AM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorschePhd
In all I have removed half of the harness that came with the kit initially. Cleans up the install.
Those extra parts lying around after you're finished never bothers you install guys, does it, as long as the customer doesn't see 'em . . .

Old 12-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by Trundle997
PCM that is in the Turbo is v.2.1

PCM 3.0 is not out yet, should appear in the new Cayenne first then the 997 refresh.
Don't mean to thread-jack; but any idea on whats to be expected in v3.0?

Old 12-07-2006, 12:42 PM
ELUSIVE is infamous around these partsELUSIVE is infamous around these parts
Will this work if you have a cd changer?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: XM Radio for my PCM3!!