997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997TT market

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 07:25 PM
docjackson1 is infamous around these parts
[quote=B-Line]Doc,

There are many reasons for wanting to keep names off of a public forum.
Relationships for example.
Not everyone gets the same deals and people posting on these sites, I assume, do not wish to spam their contacts with board traffic until they have had a chance to "qualify" the person they are referring.

I help a lot of people buy watches as I have a couple of sources. I usaully get them pretty solid discounts. I would not put the names and numbers of the people I buy from on a public forum as a courtesy to my sources.

I personally would be very offended if someone blogged my name and contact

so are you saying that lat is going to personally qualify the buyers? i understand what you are saying, but the statement almost sounds like a tease. i personally wish that posters would recommend that everyone does business with me. how to prevent spamming-just tell people the name and number of the dealership, and who to contact. that is commonly done on these boards, right?

Old 01-04-2007, 07:44 PM
B-Line is infamous around these parts
No, that's not what I am saying. I can't speak for Lat.. Only for myself.

But if I were to "assume" for Lat, I would "assume" that his prequalifying would not be asking board members for SS#'s or Tax Return info..
Rather, if someone is willing to send him a quick PM, he will share the info. This is, at least in my opinion, a far better way to share contacts on a board.

Also, by Lat asking for a PM, it also means he is respecting the integrity of a board by not FREE advertizing for his contact in a thread. But by his willing to share the information, we come to understand that his intentions are to help board members and not spam the thread.

B

Old 01-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by B-Line
No, that's not what I am saying. I can't speak for Lat.. Only for myself.

But if I were to "assume" for Lat, I would "assume" that his prequalifying would not be asking board members for SS#'s or Tax Return info..
Rather, if someone is willing to send him a quick PM, he will share the info. This is, at least in my opinion, a far better way to share contacts on a board.

Also, by Lat asking for a PM, it also means he is respecting the integrity of a board by not FREE advertizing for his contact in a thread. But by his willing to share the information, we come to understand that his intentions are to help board members and not spam the thread.

B
haven't you seen that posters announce that a given dealer has a given car?

Old 01-04-2007, 08:46 PM
LAT
LAT is infamous around these parts
B-Line, we understand each other 100%, I assume we are all here to help one another.

Old 01-05-2007, 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by LAT
B-Line, we understand each other 100%, I assume we are all here to help one another.
gentlemen-we are talking alout a car, not a national secret. one of the salesman at brandywine ("the dutch guy") porsche is not infrequently on this web site, telling anyone who can hear him that he has a car, and what number to call to talk to him about it. he doesn't seem too scared of the repercussions of announcing what he has. i'm sorry-i just constantly see posts like the one that originated this thread-i know where there is a car, but so as not to put the dealer in danger, why don't you pm me, and i'll get back to you about it. gentlemen, as i am saying, this is a car. you are posting on a porsche forum. i don't think that any secrets of a national nature would be violated by naming the dealer who you claim will give a hefty discount. that deal would be noteable. if you still feel unable to do it, then feel free to pm me with the name.

Old 01-05-2007, 01:36 AM
Doc,

When it's your contact, you can do whatever you like with it. But please don't tell us what we should and should not do with ours.

If someone had a line on a GT3-RS for me right now, not only would I go to the effort to send em a PM, I would also send him a bottle of wine.

I can tell you this also, some people want "credit" if the sale should go through. And there is nothing wrong with that in my opinion. If you get into a "hot" car because I hooked you up with my contacts, I want my contacts to know the referral came from me. I spent the time on the boards, I foster the relationships, I connected the two parties. --

Why you ask?
- Not for money or a referral fee Because maybe down the road I will hope to get that "special car in that special color" and I will ask the supplier who "owes me one" to "hook it up"... And because I have gone to the efforts to help him with sales and a board member with a car, maybe he will pay it forward and go the extra mile for me as a customer.

As an example. I have many friends that ask me to help them find watches. Many of them come from forums like this. I am not in the watch business, I do not make money on watches, I do not sell watches. But over the years I have compiled a list of good dealers who give my contacts good discounts. For the effort I put into finding them new customers, they take good care of me. Not with money or kickbacks, but they know what type of watches I like. When they get something in they think I might like, they immediately call me or put it to the side until I pass on it or buy it.
Of course they give me great discounts as they do the people I refer to them.
But I am not just going to post those names on the board and their phone numbers. If you want my discount, you better PM me and ask me nicely to help you. And I do, I help people all the time. I get absouletely nothing from the deal except an improved relationship with the vendor who I expect will honor great prices for me and my friends..

So if I send one of my contact's many buyer's a year, everyone wins.
a) dealer makes 10 or more out of state sales he never would have made without my work.
b) Buyer gets a 20%-35% discount on watches that no one else will budge on MSRP price.
c) I do this year in and year out and guess what, when I ask for a Daytona, I get one. When I ask for a KERMIT, I get one. When I want that hard to get Panerai, I get one. -- Because I have spent the time, effort, sending emails, talking on the phone, connecting people...
And even if I didn't get the watches I wanted, I would still do it. I enjoy helping people and knowing I helped them get a better deal than they could get anywhere else.

I get about 5 emails a month of people asking me to help them find a Chopard, Omega, Rolex, AP, etc. And I take the time to help them.

But if that's not a good enough reason for you, you can go pay full retail for your watches at Tourneau 212-758-7300 ask for the sales department. I hear they have a Rolex SS Daytona in their vault that they are waiting to sell you.

B

Last edited by B-Line; 01-05-2007 at 01:43 AM.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:04 AM
LAT
Doc, you may not be aware but in business relationships are everything, they are not easily made but can be easily abused, if you don't get that I am sorry.

Enough on this.

Old 01-05-2007, 09:13 AM
yes-enough on this. all I have learned from this thread is that b can get you a lead on a watch, b has explained to me that what we ought to do is to use this board to bring bones to your dealer so that we can get special deals and favors from them if we lead board members to them, and that you have found a dealer that will give 5k off a turbo. I would be interested to see if one board member ever posts that he benefits from your lead.

Old 01-05-2007, 09:28 AM
LAT
I will leave it to the members that have followed up to do that.

Old 01-05-2007, 12:52 PM
amestyan is infamous around these parts
dealer in our area has three

Old 01-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Banned
jimdarcy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by amestyan
dealer in our area has three
who is the dealer?
thanks
Jim

Old 01-05-2007, 04:47 PM
[quote=B-Line]Doc,

When it's your contact, you can do whatever you like with it. But please don't tell us what we should and should not do with ours.

b-line-it's not your contact in the first place, it's lat's.

Old 01-05-2007, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by docjackson1
b-line-it's not your contact in the first place, it's lat's.
You know, your right !

Old 01-05-2007, 05:04 PM
no harm, no foul b!

Old 01-05-2007, 05:11 PM
monsoonmadness is infamous around these parts
IMO, the bottom line is that the 997TT will fall in price just like any other Porsche. They are gonna stamp the 997TT out just like they did to the 996.
Porsche dont care and thats that. As far as reality; The 997TT WILL be readily avalible within the next three to five months.

Just think back when the 996TT came out. That car was ALOT harder to get and was pulling big money ABOVE sticker for a long time. Right now the 997TT is just about pulling sticker and thats NOT a good sign as far as resale goes for that car. The thing just came out 5 months ago!! It should still be at a premium and its not as hot as people think.

I realy dont care anymore. I drive the 360 and feel alive!! Even though I know its not as fast as the TT, but I dont care.. Its different, Hard to explain.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997TT market