997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997TT market

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 05:26 PM
docjackson1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by monsoonmadness
IMO, the bottom line is that the 997TT will fall in price just like any other Porsche. They are gonna stamp the 997TT out just like they did to the 996.
Porsche dont care and thats that. As far as reality; The 997TT WILL be readily avalible within the next three to five months.

Just think back when the 996TT came out. That car was ALOT harder to get and was pulling big money ABOVE sticker for a long time. Right now the 997TT is just about pulling sticker and thats NOT a good sign as far as resale goes for that car. The thing just came out 5 months ago!! It should still be at a premium and its not as hot as people think.

I realy dont care anymore. I drive the 360 and feel alive!! Even though I know its not as fast as the TT, but I dont care.. Its different, Hard to explain.
i agree with your point about the fact that the 997tt will be available at a discount in the future-i just don't think that it will be as soon as you think. go into some dealers around where you live, and see how long it takes them to deliver to you a 997tt. most dealers are sold out for at least 4 months or so, some longer. many of the cars that you see available right now are cars ordered by customers who are not picking them up. i also don't think that the fact that 997tts are not getting above sticker is not an ominous sign-most of the porsche dealers have a policy of not charging above sticker. as far as your ferrari, you are right, that 360 is a beautiful car. enjoy it.

Old 01-05-2007, 06:19 PM
monsoonmadness is infamous around these parts
Right you are Doc. But my point is that the 997TT does NOT have that momentom the 996TT had when it came out. When did you ever hear of a 996TT customer "backing out" of a delivery back in 01 or early 02?? Again, my point is that I STRONGLY feel the 997TT market is gonna soften up real soon. And if that buyer back in 01 or 02 backed out, that car was 20K over!!

As far as dealers, yes, you are right about that, but it seems to only be like that in or around the major dealerships in the major cities. If you go out of the tri-state, I can have one TOMORROW at sticker!!

Old 01-05-2007, 08:35 PM
only time will tell what will happen. i will say this though-the 997tt is the best car that i have ever had, and i have wasted plenty of money on plenty of cars. i can really see why you love your 360-that has to be the best looking car that i have seen. unfortunately, i am 6'7" and can't get close to getting into one.

Old 01-05-2007, 08:50 PM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
How do you guys think the GT3 RS will hold up???

Old 01-05-2007, 09:17 PM
my guess-very well. limited production car

Old 01-08-2007, 02:08 PM
sftobr is infamous around these parts
Supply and demand. When there are more cars than buyers prices will fall like a brick. Those who are patient will get the best deals.Going by previous history of turbo pricing!!!

Old 01-08-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by sftobr
Supply and demand. When there are more cars than buyers prices will fall like a brick. Those who are patient will get the best deals.Going by previous history of turbo pricing!!!
a previous poster quoted only 250 turbos delivered as of november-not much supply

Old 01-09-2007, 12:12 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
I know of several cars in the +10k to +20k premium over sticker sold in OC area over the last 2-3 weeks!

The cars are still fetching a premium in our area!

Old 01-11-2007, 07:32 AM
Mussel Kar is a jewel in the roughMussel Kar is a jewel in the roughMussel Kar is a jewel in the rough
Check autotrader. Lots of turbos and it looks like most are over sticker. Even a few 997 GT3s there.
I hope the market holds up because mine will most likely be for sale very soon.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by Mussel Kar
Check autotrader. Lots of turbos and it looks like most are over sticker. Even a few 997 GT3s there.
I hope the market holds up because mine will most likely be for sale very soon.
i don't know if the same is true now, but the last time i looked at autotrader, most of the premium cars were from dealers who didn't even have the cars in stock. i think that they were just trying to get over list for incoming stock. is same true now? if that's the case, we can't look to autotrader as a reflection of the market.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Banned
jimdarcy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by docjackson1
i don't know if the same is true now, but the last time i looked at autotrader, most of the premium cars were from dealers who didn't even have the cars in stock. i think that they were just trying to get over list for incoming stock. is same true now? if that's the case, we can't look to autotrader as a reflection of the market.
I have called on lots of the cars listed on autotrader. lots of them have already been sold, others are listed 2-5K premium over sticker. i am not sure that it is a good indication of current pricing. MSRP is easy to find now.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:57 AM
BD 997 is infamous around these parts
www.cars.com has many also

Old 01-11-2007, 04:44 PM
Banned
jimdarcy is infamous around these parts
this car sold, looks like dealer to dealer.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ONE-O...em130062815600

looks nice, not sure what MSRP was though

Old 01-13-2007, 06:51 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
If you look back over the last 3 generations, 993,996 & 997, you will see the TTs 15 minutes got shorter each time. There were/are alot of reasons for that but production & exclusivity are 2 main items. Also since the time frame without a Turbo has gotten shorter you have previous owners, like me and alot of the 996 guys, who haven't tired of their cars and may even like them better than the 997. Add in the number of mods available to 996 and that will keep some owners away. As the cars in general have become more "civilized", you also see alot of us posting about the "rawness" we long for which explains alot of lust for GT3, GT3RS and GT2. Sadly, Porsche has almost produced a car that is too good for it's own good and certainly made too many of them. The 997 TT 15 minutes was up about 10 minutes ago and as good as the car might be, alot of people are looking elsewhere.

I didn't mean to imply the 996 was raw, just that each version has gotten more "user friendly" and just as alot of cars have evolved to be more of a DD, so too has the TT over the years.

Last edited by Red Devil; 01-13-2007 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:21 AM
i don't completely agree. firstly, i have had a 996tt and have a 997tt-the 997tt definitely has alot more of the rawness that you are talking about. even with all yhe electronics on, the tail of a 997tt will swing out abit, unlike the 996. the handling is also sharper and more spot on. in addition, porsche appears to be keeping the numbers of the 997tt down-a previous poster quoted only 250 delivered as of nov. as great a car as the 996tt was, the 997tt is better. it is pretty tough to find one in a showroom-i know that they are there, but not many. the average experience is to order and wait, just read the board. as you can see, some dealers are looking for over msrp, which is not necessary to pay.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997TT market