997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Very disappointed with 997TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 07:23 PM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by C4S Surgeon
As soon as the PDKcomes out tips will be dinosaurs, hard to unload. I agree never get an automatic in a porsche!
not if you drive a Cayenne...

Alan

Old 01-04-2007, 07:39 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
True....

Old 01-04-2007, 08:08 PM
habitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nice
I wish my cayenne was stick. I might have kept it longer.

Old 01-04-2007, 09:30 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Originally Posted by LukasLuis
Hi Guys,

I have had my 997 TT TIP since a month now and have already done 5,000 KM. I ran it in properly, drive it slowly until oil is warm and generally do everything to treat the car very well.

I have taken it on the highways to test its performance. My points (and disappointments) are:

-Acceleration 0-100km/h is very good, but

-After you are in 3rd gear (and higher), acceleration is no good for a proper sports car. This is supposed to be the icon of THE German Sports car manufacturer ? You gotta be kidding !!! It is a disgrace to say the least. I hate BMWs, but for example a BMW M6 has basically the same acceleration 0-200km/h than the 997 TT and is probably faster above 200km/h. This is a full-blown 4-seater with a N/A engine, even costs 30,000 EUROS less, and has the same or better performance than THE German Sportscar ??? Come on...

I am not even talking about F430s, Z06s, Lambos, etc...

-Even not comparing the 997TT to any other car, it just does not feel really fast.

-Above 250km/h acceleration is almost non-existant.

I did check the times of my car, and yes it does 0-200km/h in 12.2 secs, so there is nothing wrong with it. It is just underpowered for what it is supposed to be.

Other negative points:

-There is very well a serious turbo lag, maybe not as bad as on earlier models, but still way too much lag.

-Exhaust sound is ridiculous. But that has been discussed already intensively..

-Sound system is a total joke. The worst I have ever heard on any car costing more than 25,000 EUROS.

-Quality control apparently seem to have reached below Mercedes standards:
1. On delivery, interior lighting did not work at all. Had to go back to Porsche to have it fixed.
2. Unidentifiable noise from the rear seats, Porsche has yet to find a solution.
3. Unidentifiable noise from the rear axle, Porsche has yet to find a solution.
4. Stitching of leather on drivers seat has several defaults, leather on passenger seat as well.
5. Drivers side window squeaking when putting it down. Making wind noise at speeds above 180km/h

And a few other defaults, all since delivery.

Where is the build quality of earlier Porsches ???

I always thought Wedeking was doing a good job at Porsche, but now he seems to me like a cousin of Schrempp...

In my opinion, the car is underpowered by at least 100hp. I know there are tuners out there who make the car faster, but the point here is that it should be much faster in its original state.

And quality control should be MUCH better.

What do you guys think ? Am I wrong, or do you see my point ?
Sell it....we don't need whiners....these cars are just to awesome and expensive to hear such complaints.....sounds like my wife and my oldest daughter when I bought them new cars. Always unhappy. I think their problem was it wasn't their money. I have had M3s only before this porsche and had lots more problems with BMW.

l have a '07 manual-tt with almost 2K miles and have had zero problems. No turbo lag. The lag is only there if one tries to accelerate at too low a rpm for the speed of the car. Just shift to the lower gear and amazingly the turbo lag disappears. Just learn to work with the car. Some of the items you listed should have been taken care of by the dealer, so it is more dealer fault. I was there when my tt came in, and there was nothing to do but wax it....everything was perfect. I guess I have one fault, the damn hood seems to come open at unexpected times because the hood latch is so close and identical with the door opener on the key, but with all the rest of the $130K doing so well, I am learning to adjust and not whine even tho it has become a nuisance at times.

Old 01-04-2007, 09:34 PM
B-Line is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by johnww
Sell it....we don't need whiners....these cars are just to awesome and expensive to hear such complaints.....sounds like my wife and my oldest daughter when I bought them new cars. Always unhappy.
LOL !!! LOL !!! LOL !!!
Glad I'm not your son-in-law...

B

Old 01-04-2007, 09:41 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
BAN!!!!! Someone

Old 01-04-2007, 09:43 PM
B-Line is infamous around these parts
Who are you banning HeavyChevy? And for what reason?

B

Old 01-04-2007, 09:44 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Thumbs down Well put Atomic80

Originally Posted by atomic80
Lukas,

Is there a reason why you're posting your dislike of the 997TT on several forums? Are you trying to get a message across to as many folks as possible in hopes of turning them away from getting the 997TT? I'm happy with mine and plan to keep it.
I feel the same. These 911 tts are magnificant machines and owners really don't need whiners bad mouthing a great product. I have had my tt for about a month now, find it far better in performance and driveability/maneuverability than the four M3s, one M5 and a one vette I have owned over the years. JD Roberts' as I remember lists Porsche just below Lexus in repair issues. Best for this driver is to trade for another vehicle to whine about ....I'm not so sure any of the crap he typed out above is true anyway, just verbal noise.

Old 01-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Banned
vincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by alex911s
Your car is not a true Porsche either , it's not air-cooled

you started it
Hmmm, Shall I call you a dork now or later!!! ...
IMO, I said a Tip is not a true Porsche experience........

Last edited by vincenzina; 01-04-2007 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:06 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
The Porsche Chicktronic is probably the culpret for your dissatisfaction. Do yourself a favor and immediately trade it in and get a 6speed. Hence, that is why we call this 6speed on-line, not Chicktronic on line!!!

Old 01-04-2007, 10:27 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by B-Line
Who are you banning HeavyChevy? And for what reason?

B
The original poster, sounds like a troll to me. I would bet you wont see many if any more posts from this guy. Sounds like a joke, the M6 wont keep up 0-100mph would get left at the line.

Old 01-04-2007, 10:28 PM
docjackson1 is infamous around these parts
maybe luis has had a bad experience, but like most of you, i have driven alot of nice cars, and the turbo is about the best car that i have had. i don't buy the crap about the car not being fast-i have a manual, and i personally wouldn't get the automatic, but every car mag has had the tip a bit quicker than the stick-the stick is fast, so all the complaining about the acceleration sounds a bit ridiculous. the car looks great, is fast, comfortable, and easy to care for. come on luis, enjoy the car.

Old 01-04-2007, 10:42 PM
Always easy on son-in-laws

Originally Posted by B-Line
LOL !!! LOL !!! LOL !!!
Glad I'm not your son-in-law...

B
I love my son-in laws, they by choice inherited my two major headaches. I just have a feeling that all these negative things that this guy is whining about are most likely imaginary junk chatter.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:18 PM
gtr
gtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura about
Lukas, welcome to the forums . Is this your first Porsche or turbo car? Which car you're comparing to, that is such a great sports car that makes your 997T seem not up to standard?<O</O

Old 01-04-2007, 11:22 PM
lager99 is infamous around these parts
I have a supercharged C5 ZO6 with 630hp that makes a Viper boring...and this TT has way more go. You're nothing but a troll...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Very disappointed with 997TT