997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 Turbo Black/Black 6speed Available**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 12:06 PM
M5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of light
I think a lot of people would be convinced more on Ceramics (and willing to swallow the replacement cost) if there were any reports of steel brakes on a 997 Turbo (or GT3, etc.) with proper track pads fading or feeling un-solid. I have yet to hear of anything...

Old 01-06-2007, 12:07 PM
M5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Carlos Amador
There are 2 ways to order the thicker steering wheel:
XPA=$310
& CPA=$930 includes cross stitched seam

It is kinda nuts, but what can I say....If someone is interested, don't be afraid to call (941)284-7743

Carlos
I stand corrected, thanks for the clarification. Wow, $620 for some stitching?

Old 01-06-2007, 02:26 PM
mawyatt is infamous around these parts
Guys,

For what it's worth I got my 997Turbo in Aug from Suncoast Porsche. Carlos was my salesman, Ron is the manager. Have no complaints, they are up front and honest. Both are a pleasure to work with. Haven't had any service needed yet because the car hasn't had any problems!!! So can't comment about Suncoast service.

Mike

Old 01-06-2007, 03:30 PM
docjackson1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Marc996Miami
Generation II Ceramics run fine for the track I have many friends who track even the Gen I on 2005 GT3's and it has been fine, they are expensive though when you have to replace them of course and switching to or using steel brakes is much more cost effective.

I have owned several P-Cars and I am a firm believer in the motto: if it does not make it handle better, go faster or stop faster then you don’t need it. Try to buy a car cosmetically as close to what you want. But for the money the Ceramic brakes are worth it imho and when I do buy a GT3 which will be sooner then later it will have PCCB.

As well the $9000 is surly not an issue don’t judge a book buy what it drives I have owned 30+ cars in the last 20 years.
marc-to each his own. it just seems a little ridiculous to me to spend $9000 to upgrade what might already be the best brakes that you can buy. i hope that you enjoy your upcoming gt3 and get your money's worth out of the ceramic brakes.

Old 01-06-2007, 04:19 PM
BD 997 is infamous around these parts
you pay an extra 9k to keep your wheels cleaner....

Old 01-06-2007, 05:50 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by M5Kid
I stand corrected, thanks for the clarification. Wow, $620 for some stitching?
I still believe that is wrong, Sport Steering Wheel is standard on the Turbo and Thicker SW should be around $300 and it includes the stitching.

Old 01-06-2007, 08:07 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by docjackson1
marc-as you know, the ceramics issue comes up quite frequently. you are saying that taking into account that most people who buy a 997tt never track their car, that the benefit that they derive getting ceramic brakes over steel brakes is worth $9000-i don't think so. still taking into account that the car is expensive, $9000 can still buy you a bunch of things. with all due respect, your avitar says that you are driving a cooper s-a nice car none the less, but it becomes easy to advise people to spend the 9k when you don't have to do it yourself. i had to make the decision, and i opted for the steel brakes. i think that you will find that 80% or greater of the owners have done the same. in addition, many of these cars that dealers advertise for sale on these web sites have ceramics, because they are having difficulty selling them.
Doc...as usual...I totally agree. The dealer really tried the hard sell on me to get the ceramics...I would guess they make more commission money when they sell the big ticket ad ons.

Old 01-06-2007, 09:26 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by raclaims
Doc...as usual...I totally agree. The dealer really tried the hard sell on me to get the ceramics...I would guess they make more commission money when they sell the big ticket ad ons.
i disagree. i love PCCB. if i buy a car off the lot i would't care if the deal is right. if i order the car then PCCB is a must. if u think what u think might as well go buy other cars that cost less.

just my thought.

Last edited by 20C4S; 01-06-2007 at 09:33 PM.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 20C4S
i disagree. i love PCCB. if i buy a car off the lot i would care if the deal is right. if i order the car then PCCB is a must. if u think what u think might as well go buy other cars that cost less.

just my thought.
If I had ordered my 997, I would have got PCCB (and sport seats). I agree w/you, Arling.

Old 01-06-2007, 11:25 PM
i disagree. i love PCCB. if i buy a car off the lot i would't care if the deal is right. if i order the car then PCCB is a must. if u think what u think might as well go buy other cars that cost less.

just my thought.
i certainly respect your right to spend the $9000-as i said, i wouldn't do it. but let me get this right-are you saying that if you don't want to spend the 9k to get the pccb, that you might as well not get the 997tt?

Old 01-06-2007, 11:28 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by docjackson1
i certainly respect your right to spend the $9000-as i said, i wouldn't do it. but let me get this right-are you saying that if you don't want to spend the 9k to get the pccb, that you might as well not get the 997tt?
I think what he's saying is that if it's a car purchased off the lot, then PCCB wouldn't matter if it was a good deal. If he was to order a car, then PCCB would be a must.

Old 01-06-2007, 11:30 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
that's just me. if i can't get the way i want it might as well not getting it at all.

Old 01-06-2007, 11:40 PM
that's just me. if i can't get the way i want it might as well not getting it at all.
i understand your point better now. i'll be honest-i'm just happy to have the 997 turbo. the pccbs mean little to me.

Old 01-07-2007, 12:22 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Doc, pccb's mean little to a 3500# street car with street tires and, lets face it, amateur drivers (track, I mean, they're useless on the street).

Old 01-07-2007, 12:27 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future

just my thought.
Let me try to to dicepher what you are saying, correct me if I'm off base. If one doesn't order every overpriced option on the car then one has no business buying/leasing the car, as the case may be .
I agree with Doc, the pccb's are overpriced and totally unnecessary on a heavy street car, most of which never see the track. The steel big reds are more than adequate for my street and track needs. Of course this is my opinion, the people that order pccb's have their opinions too, it's all good.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 Turbo Black/Black 6speed Available**