997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Project White Shark 997TT @ Shark Werks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 12:37 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DJ
Nice job man, nice job.........now have him paint all the lowers white and stick the gt3 front vent on the bumper too
First thing is he's going to DRIVE it, get some miles on her and then unleash He's almost OD'd on his first round of mods as is

Old 01-27-2007, 12:55 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by treynor
Both, please - I'm sure a few people would enjoy seeing the car when it's not wearing its turbos

Also, I need to get my new license plate frame -- it says "THIS CAR IS NUTS". Goes well with the license plate
hey ben... so here's a few since it's unusual to see these things apart at this early stage

Here's your exhaust off (did you decide which way to go?) and your hot-side...

In case you guys thought these turbos didn't have enough oil/water lines/connectors...

The turbo is crying... it doesn't want to come off...

Thar' she goes!

Complicated indeed.. there's the connector for the controller and cute liltte cold side:

It's still a "cute" lil' turbo tho..

Old 01-27-2007, 01:16 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Wow Alex thanks for the pics and descriptions!

What are the plans for it turbo wise, modifying the stock?? I believe Evo used a different wheel in the housing correct?

Old 01-27-2007, 02:18 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
...drool...:O

Old 01-27-2007, 05:38 PM
treynor has a spectacular aura abouttreynor has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Wow Alex thanks for the pics and descriptions!

What are the plans for it turbo wise, modifying the stock?? I believe Evo used a different wheel in the housing correct?
The turbos are coming off my blue car - they're getting the Protomotive magic applied to them, which apparently convinces the turbos to cough up another 60 WHP without changing lag significantly. I'll be sure to report dyno results and road test as soon as I get the car back -- probably late next week.

Old 01-27-2007, 05:41 PM
AdamG is infamous around these parts
Ben,

Yeah, we'll be dyno-ing your car next week too!

Old 01-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Former Vendor
markccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up HRE wheels

Awesome project Sharky!
Do you happen to know how much those HRE wheels weigh in at?

Old 01-27-2007, 06:04 PM
treynor has a spectacular aura abouttreynor has a spectacular aura about
Both our cars have HRE C21s -- mine are polished, his are black anodized. They weigh 19.5 lbs (front) and 20.0 lbs (rear). Total weight savings over stock wheels: 29 lbs.

Old 01-27-2007, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by markccars
Awesome project Sharky!
Do you happen to know how much those HRE wheels weigh in at?
Hi mark, ben's post summed that up

The polish adds another pound

Old 01-27-2007, 09:23 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by treynor
The turbos are coming off my blue car - they're getting the Protomotive magic applied to them, which apparently convinces the turbos to cough up another 60 WHP without changing lag significantly. I'll be sure to report dyno results and road test as soon as I get the car back -- probably late next week.
Yea i heard about that and was waiting for someone to come along and actually do it, cant wait to see the results man

Old 01-29-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
So sick Alex, that damn steering wheel should be standard, makes the oem wheel look anorexic LOL!
You are right man that wheel is the way it _should_ be. Tech Art owns the wheel department

Old 01-29-2007, 11:25 AM
Keller is infamous around these parts
Alex
How difficult is it to remove the rear bumper for us do-it your selfers
Also, any welding involved in the exhaust install. It looks like it's all clamps?
Turbos look real easy to get off once you get to them....hmmmm...yummy.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:43 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
Nice job man, nice job.........now have him paint all the lowers white and stick the gt3 front vent on the bumper too
that'a what I was going to say ------ I agree 100%

Old 01-29-2007, 06:29 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
The rear bumper comes off easier than the 996TT. There are two screws in the inner liner, 4 across the top between the tail lights, 6 along the bottom and then it pulls off. Don't forget the licenses plate light plug. Bumperetts and all come off with the bumper. Takes all of 20 minutes to do.

No welding with any of the exhaust as far as I have seen. Most are v-banded together. I know that FS is. I think AWE is as well as Miltek.

Old 01-29-2007, 08:33 PM
lager99 is infamous around these parts
Greaqt post...I see a few other fans of white here. Especially James' sig. :lol:

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Project White Shark 997TT @ Shark Werks