997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Custom Champion GP7 wheel production

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 10:08 PM
WTRacing is infamous around these parts
those wheels are going to look amazing after you mount the tires.. cant wait to see updated pics!

Old 02-05-2007, 10:22 PM
SG
SG has a spectacular aura aboutSG has a spectacular aura aboutSG has a spectacular aura about
Mount 'em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-05-2007, 10:35 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
These wheels are a work of art!

Old 02-06-2007, 08:29 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
So, what's the offset on those?
I thought if you went more than 15% out of spec the PASM/PSM would be effected in the AWD TT's.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:47 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Offsets are 48mm fr and 40mm rear. I don't see how PASM/PSM will be affected by this minimal change in comparison to something like lowering springs

Old 02-06-2007, 09:14 AM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Looks great! How'd you get them so fast? BTW, what is the stock offset?

Old 02-06-2007, 10:04 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by E55AMG
Looks great! How'd you get them so fast? BTW, what is the stock offset?
I think the stock 997TT offsets are 56mm F and 51mm R - same as the C4.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:28 AM
zona is infamous around these partszona is infamous around these parts
Eclou,

Are those the ones that were on Ebay?

-z

Originally Posted by eclou
Some teaser pics. I did not have time to mount the tires and TPMS sensors yet. Here they are, and notice how aggressive the offset is - brings the wheel almost to the edge of the fender lip!

Old 02-06-2007, 11:39 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by zona
Eclou,

Are those the ones that were on Ebay?

-z
Yes, scored them on eBay.

Now I just talked to Jesse at Champion Motorsport who was the project manager for the original PES GP7 wheels, and is once again project manager on the new ones. He assured me that the new wheels (and the old ones too) are the perfect aggressive fit for the 997TT, and will also fit the 996TT as well. I don't know who else could possibly provide a more authoritative opinion about the fitment.

Old 02-06-2007, 02:16 PM
Yeah, you got them about an hour before I was to pick them up!

Great deal!

Be sure to let me know if those 996tt offsets don't work out!

Thanks
-z

Yes, scored them on eBay.

Now I just talked to Jesse at Champion Motorsport who was the project manager for the original PES GP7 wheels, and is once again project manager on the new ones. He assured me that the new wheels (and the old ones too) are the perfect aggressive fit for the 997TT, and will also fit the 996TT as well. I don't know who else could possibly provide a more authoritative opinion about the fitment.

Last edited by zona; 02-06-2007 at 02:20 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:55 AM
eclou,

Just looking at the wheels again............will your TPMS sensors work? I don't see the machined area for wheels that use TPMS.

Also.........the offsets look a little wide. It looks like the tires will rub if you plan to lower the car. In your head on picture the wheels are past the front bumper and rear fender. If your running PS2's, they extend past the wheel by 3/4".

Can't wait to see the finished pic's. How soon will you have the tires mounted?
-z

Some teaser pics. I did not have time to mount the tires and TPMS sensors yet. Here they are, and notice how aggressive the offset is - brings the wheel almost to the edge of the fender lip!

Old 02-07-2007, 08:27 AM
These are older wheels that had not yet been machined for the TPMS. My specialty machinist is locating the correct bit to open these up 2mm for the sensor valvestems. After that I will get the tires mounted

Old 02-07-2007, 09:09 AM
Why don't you mount tires on one side to insure they actually fit before modifying the wheels (in case you need to sell them)!
-z

These are older wheels that had not yet been machined for the TPMS. My specialty machinist is locating the correct bit to open these up 2mm for the sensor valvestems. After that I will get the tires mounted

Old 02-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by zona
Why don't you mount tires on one side to insure they actually fit before modifying the wheels (in case you need to sell them)!
-z
Great minds think alike...

Some shots taken today with a 235/35/19 tire mounted. I was more worried about the front fitment than the rear (plus I have no spare 305/30/19) since the rear appears to have much more room anyway. I have not driven it as such yet but expect no issues - turn to lock in each direction has as much room as the stock wheel.

Old 02-07-2007, 01:54 PM
They will look AWESOME!

Great minds think alike...

Some shots taken today with a 235/35/19 tire mounted. I was more worried about the front fitment than the rear (plus I have no spare 305/30/19) since the rear appears to have much more room anyway. I have not driven it as such yet but expect no issues - turn to lock in each direction has as much room as the stock wheel.