997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

The video you have ALL been waiting for!!! **Z06 vs. 997 TT**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 04:59 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Low class ya' all...........

Last edited by DJ; 02-06-2007 at 05:03 PM.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:02 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tony007
Nice runs!!

I never had any doubt that the Z would take the 997TT from a roll.

Now, looking at the last race it took about 13 seconds for the Z06 to catch the 997TT to become dead even with it again. That's about what I would have predicted.

Also, I might add that the turbo didn't look like it did a full powerbrake with only 1 second or so since the cars were only stopped for a split second before the race. If the 997TT did a full powerbrake the distance between the 2 cars would have been greater.
Yup, the 997 TT and the Z06 are very close from a dig up to the 1/4 mile point given the Z06 is on the stock tires. It is very hard to hook the Z06 from a dig. Given a set of dr's, or even a set of non-runflat street tires, it would take less time for the Z06 to catch and pass the TT.

Also, realize how the 997 TT got the jump from a dig. Not because of it's awd, but because the driver cheated and went before the third honk..lol

Last edited by SCvet00; 02-06-2007 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SCvet00
Hey, is that you??..

I somehow expected that some of you will give no props to a car that can out accelerate your beloved 997 TT's.

No, the roof didn't fall off. That was a 1st year problem (On some, not all) that was fixed in 2007. Most cars have bugs worked out in the first year. Must I remind you?

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...11/207193.html
Actually, I do look a little like that - my nose is a little different and I'm whiter...

I have a serious question for you: Do you think the Corvette SS (or Blue Devil or whatever they call it) will have an improved interior to go with it's $100K price? There is no doubt that it will be ungodly fast, but that crap interior is unacceptable. And you can't argue the price point because even the G35 coupe had a better interior than the Corvette 3 years ago.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:05 PM
ANUBIS is infamous around these parts
but tks very much for the vid anyway. it's always nice to see new challangers. but still I have to say, minimum money - maximum power with the vette. very good ratio.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:10 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Actually, I do look a little like that - my nose is a little different and I'm whiter...

I have a serious question for you: Do you think the Corvette SS (or Blue Devil or whatever they call it) will have an improved interior to go with it's $100K price? There is no doubt that it will be ungodly fast, but that crap interior is unacceptable. And you can't argue the price point because even the G35 coupe had a better interior than the Corvette 3 years ago.
Will it have an improved interior? I don't care if it does or it doesn't for a few reasons. 1) If I wanted a car with Mercedes interior, I would have bought a Benz and 2) I like the interior of the Z06. I have absolutely no problem with it and enjoy the creature comforts and the layout very much so.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Will it have an improved interior? I don't care if it does or it doesn't for a few reasons. 1) If I wanted a car with Mercedes interior, I would have bought a Benz and 2) I like the interior of the Z06. I have absolutely no problem with it and enjoy the creature comforts and the layout very much so.
That is the dumbest thing I think I've read...

So you would pay $100K and not want a nice interior??? So you don't care that GM shafts you with hard, nasty plastic, a radio from Marconi, and seats from a '70s car? Creature comforts?

More power to you - may you keep the General afloat...

Old 02-06-2007, 05:16 PM
O-Ace is infamous around these parts
I test drove the C6 Z06 a few weeks ago - very impressive ride! The interior wasn't as bad as people make it out to be; especially if you consider the performance/$ figure. The ride was also firm but very comfortable (more comfortable than my stock X50 for sure). Overall, a nice package for $70K. You could always spend a few thousand and full leather wrap the entire interior; still < $80K out the door.

-Awais

Old 02-06-2007, 05:17 PM
O-Ace is infamous around these parts
Judging from the posts here, I guess I'm in the minority.

-Awais

Old 02-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Q8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud of
i for one would always go with a Porsche Turbo over a vette. On the other hand, i would have to praise Chevrolet for bringing out a car of such performance for the dollar. I drove one and should say that the driving, usable power delivery and top end was unbeleivable and hard to beleive. One thing i was realy surprised from, was their very well engineered traction control, that never felt like it was interfeering with the power delivery.

Congrats on a well made all rounded car. When it comes to power to weight. We should see a stage 1 (ECU mod) 997tt race a C6 Z06 car.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:18 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Boy I would hate to see his idea of 'roughing it' if the C6 has creature comforts.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
That is the dumbest thing I think I've read...

So you would pay $100K and not want a nice interior??? So you don't care that GM shafts you with hard, nasty plastic, a radio from Marconi, and seats from a '70s car? Creature comforts?

More power to you - may you keep the General afloat...
It might be the dumbest thing you have ever heard, while I think the "dumbest thing" i have ever heard are about people like you that spend money (Any amounts) on an oval shaped egg turd.. Carerra S? Watch out for them Nissan 350 Z's..

Being civil with you people is impossible. But atleast I try..

Old 02-06-2007, 05:19 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Delete this thread and SCVette's account please. KTHANXBYE!

Why are you still here? What is your purpose, really? How old are you, cant be more than 16, with all this nonsense, if you dont like the people here and they dont like you then why hang around? I wish they let people reps go into the negative so we could see how far you are in the hole, at some point the mods need to get this guy outta here

Last edited by heavychevy; 02-06-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Delete this thread and SCVette's account please. KTHANXBYE!
Can't handle the truth, eh?

Old 02-06-2007, 05:24 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
You should compare a regular C6 to a 997TT and a Z06 to a GT2, the turbo has alot of creature comforts (more than a C6), while the GT2 is the lightened, hi powered, race version, like the Z06

Make sure it's an '05 GT2 to keep the technology gap closer

Last edited by RennTechV12; 02-06-2007 at 05:28 PM.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:28 PM
It might be the dumbest thing you have ever heard, while I think the "dumbest thing" i have ever heard are about people like you that spend money (Any amounts) on an oval shaped egg turd.. Carerra S? Watch out for them Nissan 350 Z's..

Being civil with you people is impossible. But atleast I try..
When was I uncivil? If you say something dumb, I'm not going to stand by...

As far as 350Zs, my A3 eats them for lunch. Finally, why come on a board that is for "oval shaped egg turds"? You don't catch me trolling on the board for plastic, ancient suspension design, recycled tupperware interior, gold chain accessorizing, ***** mobiles...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The video you have ALL been waiting for!!! **Z06 vs. 997 TT**