997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

so whatst the best sounding exhaust out there ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 01:14 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Ah, but there is a trick kind sir. Not everything is as it appears . Like I said, there are a lot of things that poeple say can't be done on these (or other) cars. It just takes a whole lot of installs before you go "Damn" I should have done it that way.

It can be done but as I mention it is easier for me to say....pull the bumper. Besides if someone broke a stud I would never hear the end of it...

Old 02-09-2007, 08:11 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I've heard a bunch of systems now, FabSpeed clearly sounds best imo. Actually I found the CG to be a little 'boyracerish' to my ear. Awe would be a close second(best). Exhaust are a matter of personal taste. Yes, the FabSpeed can be done with the bumper on, personally I do most of my own mods, exhaust would def be one.

Last edited by TT Surgeon; 02-10-2007 at 10:17 AM.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by gmoney
http://www.europeanspeed.com/exhausts.htm

Agreed, its all preference. Listen to them all!
Good link!

Old 02-09-2007, 09:13 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorschePhd
It can be done but as I mention it is easier for me to say....pull the bumper. Besides if someone broke a stud I would never hear the end of it...
My dogs wouldn't come near me for days after the howl I let out when the EZ out broke off inside my broken stud. I can laugh about it now, sort of.....

Old 02-09-2007, 09:17 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Ditto great link!
FWIW, I believe CG(6k) and Miltek(5k) are made in the same factory in England.
Exhausts are a matter of personal taste, make up your own mind.
When I do mine, I'm going to post a video of it (fabbspeed)being installed with the bumper in place, should help if anybody is on the fence bc of that issue.
C

Last edited by TT Surgeon; 02-10-2007 at 10:22 AM.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:18 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !

Since we began production on Porsche exhausts, our philosophy was that you could have your cake and eat it too. We believed that power did not have to come with excessive noise.

For years "obnoxious" was the industry standard. And while many tuners were saying that it was the best and did not drone, we knew it did, and we knew we could do it better. Even hardcore existing users are telling you things sounded terrible.

Between our choice of internal packing, properly sized balance pipe, and shape of the skins, we have created a system that is loud when it needs to be, yet quiet when you want it to be.

Highway cruising is free of booming and drone. Cell phone use is possible. Speaking to a passenger, or sneaking in late at night while the neighbors are sleeping is done with ease.

We spend countless hours on our in-house dyno testing and re-testing. Our systems are made on site so we have total control over the product. We also are upfront with our data, but we don't rely on 2nd or 3rd parties for test results.

Enough of my rambling. I think you all get my point.

Bottom line is that we are catering to the clientele that does not want to attract the wrong attention. Boy racer types need not apply. We manufacturer sophisticated products for discerning and sophisticated drivers. It is as simple as that.

To those of you that have chosen us, we are very grateful. We appreciate the business, and we hope you stay with us for years to come.

For those of you unfamiliar, please have a look at the original drone free system from AWE Tuning.

Please click the link below for further info.
http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/shar...L=997ttmuffler

Also, please visit our dealer page for complete list of recommended installers around the world.
http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/info/aweinfo_dealer.cfm

Some photos of our facility.

Old 02-10-2007, 07:08 PM
K2@Brandywine is infamous around these parts
I Name:  smallheart.gif
Views: 307
Size:  1.7 KB Awe

Old 02-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.

Wait... Sharky... is that *dot* in the Bay Area you?

Old 02-10-2007, 10:34 PM
N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !
Mike,

First time with AWE for me and your TT system is simply amazing! Cant get enough of that music...

Keep up the great work.

Old 02-10-2007, 10:58 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
great writeup....and an honest one from what I have heard from those buying your product and from the sound I have heard from your clip. Can you just buy the muffler?? Can you tell me the HP gain just from the muffler replacement??

In regards to the single comment that if the studs remained, does this still mean you can replace the muffler without taking off the rear bumper..........Thanks

Old 02-12-2007, 01:16 AM
No doubt the awe system is good, it just seems bulkier than others (note the shear size of the cans and they amout the hang down past the bumper-got rice?). That might be the reason you have to pull the bumper to put it on. To me that is a major negative, once you take a body part off and put it back, it's never the same, I don't care what a vendor says, esp on a 130k car!
Not being critical of awe, just my observations as a 'nonpartial' consumer

Last edited by TT Surgeon; 02-12-2007 at 01:19 AM.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:10 AM
Banned
blakshukvw is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by C4S Surgeon
No doubt the awe system is good, it just seems bulkier than others (note the shear size of the cans and they amout the hang down past the bumper-got rice?). That might be the reason you have to pull the bumper to put it on. To me that is a major negative, once you take a body part off and put it back, it's never the same, I don't care what a vendor says, esp on a 130k car!
Not being critical of awe, just my observations as a 'nonpartial' consumer
AWE exhausts are hardly "rice", as you said. They are purely sexy, in sound and looks. If something looks that good, why not show it off a little. Most aftermarket Porsche mufflers have hung down below the bumper going back to cars even prior to SC's. I think the sound and look that AWE builds into their exhaust is very cool. Old school, one might say. I personally love it. Not showing it off would be like buying your wife big fake ******* but making her tape them down and wear sweaters everyday.

Old 02-12-2007, 02:11 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by DimNSlow
Wait... Sharky... is that *dot* in the Bay Area you?
Don't know bout that, but that one in the very middle is me.

Old 02-12-2007, 02:12 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
taking body panels off is not rocket science. I've had the front clip off my Evo 5 times, can almost do it in my sleep! The rear piece is VERY easy to remove / replace on the Porsche, those who have worked on it can attest to that.

Old 02-12-2007, 02:18 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by gmoney
taking body panels off is not rocket science. I've had the front clip off my Evo 5 times, can almost do it in my sleep! The rear piece is VERY easy to remove / replace on the Porsche, those who have worked on it can attest to that.
It'a all in taking your time and paying attention to how it came apart.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: so whatst the best sounding exhaust out there ?