997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

so whatst the best sounding exhaust out there ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 06:48 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by C4S Surgeon
No doubt the awe system is good, it just seems bulkier than others (note the shear size of the cans and they amout the hang down past the bumper-got rice?). That might be the reason you have to pull the bumper to put it on. To me that is a major negative, once you take a body part off and put it back, it's never the same, I don't care what a vendor says, esp on a 130k car!
Not being critical of awe, just my observations as a 'nonpartial' consumer
Chris,

the AWE actually doesn't hang any lower - the stock unit hangs under the bumper as well you just don't notice it b/c it is a neutral color and goes all the width of the car.

Also, the bumper is about a 5 minute R&R. There is about as much chance of screwing that up as ruining your alignment by R&R the wheels.

Old 02-12-2007, 11:16 AM
SkyMan is infamous around these parts
I'd take the AWE as well, no contest. That last clip on the video where the car is pulling away gets me everytime.

Old 02-12-2007, 11:28 AM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
The FVD sounds mean!!

Old 02-12-2007, 02:30 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Originally Posted by eclou
Chris,

Also, the bumper is about a 5 minute R&R. There is about as much chance of screwing that up as ruining your alignment by R&R the wheels.

Yeah right...you still have to know which/ where the bolts are. Techs that have done a few always forget how tough that first bumper was. Complicated things always seem easier after having done a few. Even organic chemisty is easy once you learn the formulas and what they mean.

I think if you can get away with not taking off the bumper, then, that is the way to go unless you plan to do 4-5 more of them.

Old 02-12-2007, 02:57 PM
lager99 is infamous around these parts
Why no Tubi?

Old 02-12-2007, 03:03 PM
doccao is infamous around these parts
Love my AWE exhaust as well...Louder, lighter, more gains than stock. Anyone can weld exhaust pipes to a tin can and be louder, but AWE has done extensive R&D for these cars. BTW, no bumper removal was required either (just ask James @ Sharkwerks).

Old 02-12-2007, 03:59 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Old 02-12-2007, 04:03 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Love the Cargraphic...Loud/mean outside and minimal drone...I do not have experience with the Awe or techart...The Fabspeed is not Loud as someone mentioned above...I found it too quiet, however the quality was high and Joe Fabiani gives great service..I know stephen dyno tested the Fab with fantastic results..

Lou

Old 02-12-2007, 04:03 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by blakshukvw
It'a all in taking your time and paying attention to how it came apart.
That's what she said...

Old 02-12-2007, 05:30 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by eclou

Ohhh my that looks fun!

Old 02-12-2007, 05:36 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
All i know is you guys have got to decide on your decision by hearing an exhaust in person. For the 996TT and of course 997TT videos do it no justice for ANY exhaust, they all sound similar on line, in person they get tons of respect and attention, most sound nuts from what i heard.

Jim (Red Devil) and myself saw a white 997TT pass by today, and it was def. stock but sounded great, meanwhile online they sound quiet and like nothing special, just my 2 cents. Cargraphic for me though

Old 02-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Banned
blakshukvw is infamous around these parts
Hell, you guys own $130k+ cars. Pay someone else that knows what they are doing to install it and you'll have no worries.

Old 02-12-2007, 11:47 PM
gradyex is infamous around these partsgradyex is infamous around these parts
When the time comes it will be a tossup between Fabspeed and AWE. Like you said its really hard to judge the different sounds from a clip. When I make my choice the deceiding factor would be how close the exhaust sounds "Porschelike". Thats why I got PSE (OEM) for my 997S because the "music" sounds like it should and nothing more. The only downside getting the Porsche OEM exhaust is no noticeable HP gains. I would not want any exhaust any louder than the sport exhaust on my 997S IMO.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:04 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
The AWE system sounds great in person and on the various sound clips, as does the Fabspeed. Plus, both are decently priced modular systems, especially compared to the competition from europe, who wants to pay 5K for mufflers- not me.
That said, it comes down to experience and customer service IMO, they are both good companies in that respect. Joe has always been top notch and gone above and beyond, so I'll be a repeat Fabspeed customer for sure... when I get the car.

Old 02-14-2007, 10:26 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by N2it
Mike,

First time with AWE for me and your TT system is simply amazing! Cant get enough of that music...

Keep up the great work.
Thanks for the kind words. We appreciate your business.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: so whatst the best sounding exhaust out there ?