997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New fabspeed air intake, looks killer !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 08:54 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Sounds like the mag is FOS, I can see the intake adding a little but only as part of the whole package. We'll have to wait and see Stephen's dyno #s.

Old 02-12-2007, 12:59 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Doug, it's the real deal, I talked to Joe, it cranks out 28 additional HP, you can take that to the bank. Anxiously await IA's dyno #'s.
FWIW the porshe motorsports GT2 intake looks almost identical. I'll post a shot later.

Last edited by TT Surgeon; 02-12-2007 at 01:01 AM.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:55 AM
Tony007 is a glorious beacon of lightTony007 is a glorious beacon of lightTony007 is a glorious beacon of lightTony007 is a glorious beacon of lightTony007 is a glorious beacon of lightTony007 is a glorious beacon of light
I spoke with Fabspeed and they told me to expect at least 20 hp to the wheels.

Old 02-12-2007, 11:13 AM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Stephen will call a spade a spade. Wait for his insight..

Old 02-12-2007, 12:23 PM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
Does anybody have a pic of the similar 9ff intakes with the two big blue filters?

Old 02-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
This is Joe @ Fabspeed Motorsports.

I developed this system on my 997TT and chassis dynoed everything. Fabspeed Motorsports Dyno develops and verifies performance parts. Fabspeed uses several chassis dynos in the Philadelphia area.
The filters we chose made more power than BMC F1 996GT3 CUP filters that someone photoshopped in FYI.

The Fabspeed Motorsports CUP 997TT Maxflo air-intake was thouroughly DYNO tested and verified. We did everything back to back same day (modified versus stock intake) at a world famous SCCA race shop in the Philadelphia area.

My 997TT picked up significant power and sports car sound throughout the powerband. For the last several months I have been undergoing durability testing. No CEL issues and just more power and sports car sound and a very COOL looking IMSA 935 style engine compartment.

The system is Patent Pending!

Fabspeed did not start this post an observant viewer did. I will post data on Monday and Tuesday. I have not had time to watch the web as at Fabspeed we have had too many heavy cars roll in and have been very busy engineering, developing, building and manufacturing new systems.

Next week we will take a Bentley Continental GT to the dyno stock and then run it again with our new 76.5mm 3.0" exhaust.

have a great weekend.

Joe

Old 02-12-2007, 03:27 PM
treynor has a spectacular aura abouttreynor has a spectacular aura about
Joe - can you post the dyno sheets of stock intake vs new intake? Also - what modifications were already on the car at the time of the intake test? These look very interesting!

Old 02-12-2007, 03:30 PM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
nice ! the look and the performance !

for the skeptical about heatsoak, i'm pretty sure there is not many risk since the filters are sitting right behind the two air inlets , or maybe making a custom box around these could be good although i prefer the present look.

joe@fabspeed , what was the power loss with the bmc's? any pic of this setup? 'im pretty sure a wide range of filter can mount your systems which is pretty cool.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:11 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by C4S Surgeon
Doug, it's the real deal, I talked to Joe, it cranks out 28 additional HP, you can take that to the bank. Anxiously await IA's dyno #'s.
FWIW the porshe motorsports GT2 intake looks almost identical. I'll post a shot later.
If that's the real deal, I'm very impressed.
It is a also very cool looking setup.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:44 PM
lager99 is infamous around these parts
20hp ya right...

Old 02-12-2007, 05:45 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
simple question what keeps the filters isulated from the heat build-up? I can see how it would make hp from quick boosts from less restriction on a dyno with the engine compartment up to cool air. but that thing would hear soak in 80 degree temps and stop and go. not a practical design.

Old 02-12-2007, 05:48 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by oak
simple question what keeps the filters isulated from the heat build-up? I can see how it would make hp from quick boosts from less restriction on a dyno with the engine compartment up to cool air. but that thing would hear soak in 80 degree temps and stop and go. not a practical design.

Just rivet 3 industrial hypercooling fans to the outside of the rear lid and it should be fine

Old 02-12-2007, 06:00 PM
ECB
ECB is infamous around these parts
exactly what kind of patent can be applied for piping and BMCs? Nothing new about this. 9ff tested theirs 8 months ago and offered the system purely for "look and aggressive sound" - but found NO power increase.

...but they didnt have "patentable" secret technology either...

Old 02-12-2007, 06:37 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Why would this design work on the 997 and not the 996?

Old 02-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by ECB
exactly what kind of patent can be applied for piping and BMCs? Nothing new about this. 9ff tested theirs 8 months ago and offered the system purely for "look and aggressive sound" - but found NO power increase.

...but they didnt have "patentable" secret technology either...
that's what 'im searching, only found the v400 engine pic and only the 997 with stock airbox with 9ff logo could you send me the pic of the twin bmc system?.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New fabspeed air intake, looks killer !