997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New fabspeed air intake, looks killer !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 09:10 AM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
New fabspeed air intake, looks killer !

Found on the fabspeed website, maybe some didn't seen yet, sorry if it's a repost.

Hope to see some numbers ,I think it looks nasty, love it !

It would look even better with some bmc double cone filters

Last edited by jiaim; 02-10-2007 at 09:55 AM.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:32 AM
ZEMDOGG is infamous around these parts
Nice! Looks awesome!

Old 02-10-2007, 10:12 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
While I love the way these intakes / filters look Im a paper filter guy. Read too many horror stories of dead MAF's due to oily K&N's!

Old 02-10-2007, 10:12 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
I like the double cone filters, thanks for sharing.

Old 02-10-2007, 02:59 PM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
please mr fabspeed

Old 02-10-2007, 03:51 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Those don't appear to be shielded at all from drawing air in the engine bay. That would make me think it is going to lose power if anything

Old 02-10-2007, 05:03 PM
Former Vendor
jmiller is infamous around these parts
look for an official posting from us about these in the near future!!!

we are currently taking orders and putting people on the list

Old 02-10-2007, 05:07 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Doesn't look very pretty, IMHO.

Old 02-10-2007, 07:19 PM
K2@Brandywine is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by eclou
Those don't appear to be shielded at all from drawing air in the engine bay. That would make me think it is going to lose power if anything
I would have to agree

Old 02-10-2007, 08:17 PM
rjhoskins has a spectacular aura aboutrjhoskins has a spectacular aura about
According to the latest Modified L&E article...
"In addition to sounding superb, the (Fabspeed) air intake unit managed to create an additional 28.9hp and 25.1 ft-lbs of torque."

Not too bad imo.

Ryan

Old 02-11-2007, 12:37 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rjhoskins
According to the latest Modified L&E article...
"In addition to sounding superb, the (Fabspeed) air intake unit managed to create an additional 28.9hp and 25.1 ft-lbs of torque."

Not too bad imo.

Ryan
I would consider those numbers with a fair amount of skepticism (aka no f'ing way), as it would require over a pound of boost to be generated from what is essentially a non-shielded air intake. If the intake were such a limitation on power I would expect to the stock filters being literally sucked into the compressors

Last edited by eclou; 02-11-2007 at 12:41 AM.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:26 AM
unique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by eclou
I would consider those numbers with a fair amount of skepticism (aka no f'ing way), as it would require over a pound of boost to be generated from what is essentially a non-shielded air intake. If the intake were such a limitation on power I would expect to the stock filters being literally sucked into the compressors
absolutely, agreed

Old 02-11-2007, 02:53 PM
rjhoskins has a spectacular aura aboutrjhoskins has a spectacular aura about
Just the messenger here. The article (in case you haven't seen it) bolts on the Fabspeed exhaust system, headers, and intake and dynos the car. In the article it says....

"the intake unit managed to create an additional 28.9hp.......the headers add 14 horses......the Maxflo exhaust added an additional 25.2hp for an overall increase of 68.1hp!"

So, is the entire article full of crap, or just the part about the intake? I can't understand why they would make false claims, maybe someone can enlighten me.

Once again, just quoting the magazine, don't shoot the messenger

Ryan

Old 02-11-2007, 05:31 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
lol that's . that thing will heat soak cause in no time.

Old 02-11-2007, 07:47 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
The exhaust was tested by me. That part is true. The sheets are posted on this site. As far as the intake I am waiting for one to test and give some real world numbers. I will post them as they are recorded. We will know soon.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New fabspeed air intake, looks killer !