997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Protect the entire car's paint with Film all over....never wax again????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 02:35 PM
My87Targa is infamous around these parts
so when it starts to haze up and change colors what will you do? replace it and hope the clear coat underneath doesnt get messed

Old 02-17-2007, 04:16 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
When it hazes up and you can't stand it anymore then you replace is I suppose. The clear coat underneath doesn't get messed up at all.

Old 02-17-2007, 04:18 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kermit_S
Can anyone recommend a good realiable installer in the los angeles area or southbay? What's a normal price range for hood, lights and front bumper?
I always take my cars to Bain and Edre over at envisage labs in Torrance. Their website is http://envisagedesignlabs.com/ I would say a normal price for hood is about 150, 40 for lights and possibly 400 for the front bumper, but that's just a close ballpark so don't quote me on that.

Old 02-17-2007, 04:56 PM
JimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the rough
Ah, yes. Premier. I've had numerous cars done by them including family and friends. All happy with the work. I am looking into purchasing an 04 GT silver CGT. When that time comes, the whole thing will be covered. I went to their open house and they had 3 CGTs fully covered and the great thing about it is that they know our Porsches extremely well. I couldn't tell there as anything on there. I do know that it will cost more than a couple grand to get it done by them because that's how much it cost for them to do the entire front end of my cars. Expect it to be about $5-$7k. I dropped off a buddy with a Murcielago roadster there about a month ago and they had a MC12 having the whole thing done as well. I've had them do my cars for the past three years and all of them look as good as the day they've put it on. I've seen some that look pretty horrible from installation, but everything I've had from Premier and seen from their customers never had any issues.

Old 02-17-2007, 08:32 PM
ThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the rough
they've wrapped murci's, enzo's, clk dtm's, etc.......just scroll thru their gallery and you will see their process

my next car will definitely be wrapped by them too.....

Old 02-17-2007, 08:45 PM
habitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nice
That's amazing!!!

Old 02-17-2007, 09:31 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
hey can they do my sofa?

Old 02-17-2007, 09:33 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by oak
hey can they do my sofa?

Interesting concept of wrapping a whole car, for that money i rather a color change with wrap

Old 02-17-2007, 10:16 PM
Hussain is just really niceHussain is just really niceHussain is just really niceHussain is just really nice
I'm planning on keeping the upcoming turbo longer than my current 6-month average..Just wondering how quickly it will yellow or need replacement/repair.

Old 02-17-2007, 10:25 PM
Damage is infamous around these parts
If I already have a few small rock chips and had the touchup paint with me, would they touch them up before applying the film?

Old 02-17-2007, 10:34 PM
N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !
Premier has finished a full body wrap on my 07TT and I will pick it up on Saturday.

There work is amaizing...

Old 02-17-2007, 11:16 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
other than the bumper, mirrors, lower portion of the hood.... why would you do a whole wrap? it would be far cheaper to do paint repairs (if you ever even needed any) than to spend 7K getting your car wrapped. you could have the whole car painted the same color for that kind of money. i've got a lot of clear bra on my car. i had a really good job done and i don't think it looks as crisp and deep as the uncovered paint does.

Old 02-18-2007, 12:20 AM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Sam touched up 2 really small rock chips on my hood before putting the ventureshield on. If I understood him correctly, he said that if the chips are too big, you can apply the touchup paint after they install the ventureshield and then paint on the plastic.

Originally Posted by Damage
If I already have a few small rock chips and had the touchup paint with me, would they touch them up before applying the film?

Old 02-18-2007, 12:26 AM
auto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Premier

If i have said it once........ use other clear bra vendors at your peril, Sammy, wilson and the crew are unmatched in what they do! and sometimes these guys pull all nighters to get the jobs finished, in my opinion they have outgrown the facility there in, hell that was true the day they had the grand opening. Sammy the hard work is paying off.

Old 02-18-2007, 12:21 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by deputydog95
other than the bumper, mirrors, lower portion of the hood.... why would you do a whole wrap? it would be far cheaper to do paint repairs (if you ever even needed any) than to spend 7K getting your car wrapped. you could have the whole car painted the same color for that kind of money. i've got a lot of clear bra on my car. i had a really good job done and i don't think it looks as crisp and deep as the uncovered paint does.
Bingo! Where on earth are you driving that you would want the whole car wrapped?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Protect the entire car's paint with Film all over....never wax again????