997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Protect the entire car's paint with Film all over....never wax again????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 01:02 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
it would be like christmas for the next owner when they remove the film to find a flawless factory paint after x years. yipee! thanks!

Old 02-19-2007, 01:49 PM
N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !
Deputy,

Yes you could perform paint repairs/full paint and "hope" they truly match up and hold over time. Factory paint is always better in the end for resale-my .02.

As far as the paint's apperance under the film, I give it a 9+ out of 10. Some different interior / exterior lighting conditions may dipslay (cant find the correct word) a bit lower shine however, I think that depends on the color of your car. I have white and "will" use Plexus Plastic Cleaner/Protectant & Polisher product. Sam and Wilson demoed this to my car - WOW!

As far as the estimated cost you mentioned, I will let Premier comment on that. For the product, superb services and extended paint life, I never blinked at the cost.

E55,

I live In Central Cal and travel to So / Nor Cal / Central Coast and portiions of Nevada. Long hauls with farm land bugs and crapy highways. HWY 99 and I-5 are major veins for transportations companies. I think they call Cen Cal the agriculture capitol of the world or somthing. Trust me, they are BAD. I know highways nation wide are in need of repairs and we all have driven on them so I am not singled out. Anyways, I like the full body protection and will continue to full wrap on future purchases.

N2it

Old 02-19-2007, 01:51 PM
N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by oak
it would be like christmas for the next owner when they remove the film to find a flawless factory paint after x years. yipee! thanks!
OAK,

No doubt brother! When I want to remove the film, BINGO!!!

Old 02-19-2007, 02:00 PM
kermit_S is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by v35
I always take my cars to Bain and Edre over at envisage labs in Torrance. Their website is http://envisagedesignlabs.com/ I would say a normal price for hood is about 150, 40 for lights and possibly 400 for the front bumper, but that's just a close ballpark so don't quote me on that.
Thanks will check them out this week

Old 02-20-2007, 05:38 PM
kermit_S is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by v35
I always take my cars to Bain and Edre over at envisage labs in Torrance. Their website is http://envisagedesignlabs.com/ I would say a normal price for hood is about 150, 40 for lights and possibly 400 for the front bumper, but that's just a close ballpark so don't quote me on that.
Did these guys move? there number in the website has been disconnected

Old 02-20-2007, 05:57 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Hussain
I'm planning on keeping the upcoming turbo longer than my current 6-month average..Just wondering how quickly it will yellow or need replacement/repair.
should not yellow. Venture has lifetime warranty vs. 3m.
i install these locally, but doing a whole car is overkill.
the material has clear coat just like the paint and you would have to maintain it just like paint. i think the front end is very essential but doing 3/4 panel, roof is a bit overkill. But yes, Premiere does really top notch work.

raja

Old 02-21-2007, 12:49 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
IMHO, Premier is THE choice for paint protection. I use then exclusively for my clients. As far as maintanance on the film, it DOES need wax. You treat it just like you would paint. I polish the film and apply a liquid carnauba spray, Zymol Field Glaze, to protect. Plexus cleans the film well but does not protect it. Hope this helps.

Old 02-21-2007, 01:23 AM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
What happens when you get a rock chip with the wrap? There's no touch-up paint to fix that.

Old 02-21-2007, 04:21 AM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex
What happens when you get a rock chip with the wrap? There's no touch-up paint to fix that.
That's what the clear bra is for. When the wrap gets chipped it just looks like a crater in the plastic, so I guess when its unbearable you just replace it.

Old 02-21-2007, 04:35 AM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by v35
That's what the clear bra is for. When the wrap gets chipped it just looks like a crater in the plastic, so I guess when its unbearable you just replace it.
Exactly, you would need to have the film replaced on the entire body panel - and if it's a healthy enough chip, you would have CC damage also. At >$200 (not sure of the cost) per panel for the film, you can get the area 'touched-up' by an experienced detailer or body shop.

Old 02-21-2007, 06:38 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
The pisser is that I got my clear bra installed and then got 2 chips on the inside of the front fender JUST ABOVE THE CLEAR BRA... WTF???

I figure if I keep this car for any amount of time, I'll get it professionally resprayed down the road if the chips pile up.

Old 02-21-2007, 09:31 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
The pisser is that I got my clear bra installed and then got 2 chips on the inside of the front fender JUST ABOVE THE CLEAR BRA... WTF???

I figure if I keep this car for any amount of time, I'll get it professionally resprayed down the road if the chips pile up.
That sucks Chris. This is why I like Premier...They're one of a few companies that have the capabilities of wrapping the whole fender, the whole hood, the whole car even....if you get a chip on the film, better to replace the film than to repaint.

Old 02-21-2007, 09:38 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
I don't know why you guys are so scared of paintwork. We do it all the time on here with aftermarket bumpers, wings, carbon fiber hoods, etc... As long as your bodyshop knows what they're doing, there's no issue there. I wrapped my impact points... but the whole car? I'd rather pocket the $7K and gamble if i'll need any paint work down the road.

Old 02-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by deputydog95
I don't know why you guys are so scared of paintwork. We do it all the time on here with aftermarket bumpers, wings, carbon fiber hoods, etc... As long as your bodyshop knows what they're doing, there's no issue there. I wrapped my impact points... but the whole car? I'd rather pocket the $7K and gamble if i'll need any paint work down the road.
There are a lot of good shops put there that do excellent work repainting. The issue comes when a buyer finds out the car was repainted. He doesn't really know if the car was in an accident or it was cosmetic. You can always document and put all the uncertainty at ease...however, there are those that only want the original car. Wrapping the whole car is a bit extreme IMHO, but I can see why someone would want to do it.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:14 PM
JimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the rough
Last time I was at Premier's, they had the Veyron and a F50 there with my GT3. I've had my fair share of paint jobs and would prefer not to have to deal with color matching and other imperfections of repaints. I work for a major insurance carrier in the U.S. and although it has been almost a decade since I've been working as an adjuster, but the rate of vandalism (esp in California - key marks, scratches, etc) is some 60% of all comprehensive claims. Whenever this occurs, there is almost always a need for body and / or paint work. In auto paint idustry, if a panel or the area needing a repaint is within 15 inches of the next panel, that other piece would need a full blend spray. This is the part I really dislike becuase it adds to the amount of time the vehicle will be in the shop. From a statistical standpoint (from customer surveys) 75% of our customers do not have the vehicle delivered as first estimated. Approximately 1/3 of them have their ETAs pushed back 2 or more weeks.

My wife bumped the Range Rover into the side of the garage door and guess what? No paint damage. I had the shield replaced within the day. For me convenience is very important. After all, I am paying for the car (insurance & payments), so it's not only a loss in time, but actually getting my $$ worth. My 0.02.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Protect the entire car's paint with Film all over....never wax again????