997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Flashing Your Dme

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 07:24 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
I thought the GIAC "stock" program isnt really stock. It's GIAC's version of a stock Porsche program. So the GIAC switchable programs aren't really dealer undetectable. The only way it becomes undectectable is when you unhook the battery and physically change the ECU?

Old 02-23-2007, 07:29 PM
KINGMONKEY is infamous around these parts
Stephan
At 600hp that car can go forever.The flash is good.However if something that has nothing to do with the flash happens to the motor.Porsche will blame the Flash.Void warranty.

Old 02-23-2007, 08:40 PM
unique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud of
ummm im soooo confused right now..... the doctor says that it can be reflashed back to stock and u guys say that u need 2 dme's so it can be completely undetectable

Old 02-23-2007, 10:11 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
It can be flashed back to stock and it can not be detected. I have the PIWIS and have confirmed this.

Old 02-24-2007, 07:31 AM
bluesea is infamous around these partsbluesea is infamous around these parts
Stored codes?

In the event of some type of engine failure, shouldn't the ECU in the car at the time have stored codes related to the trouble that a reflashed to stock or swapped ECU would not have when the dealer checks for codes, thereby making them suspicious?

Thanks.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:09 AM
Aisxos is a jewel in the roughAisxos is a jewel in the roughAisxos is a jewel in the rough
if you have a serious problem they print the report from the motronic.. I dont know what they will see there if you will have just change or reflashed the ecu...

Old 02-24-2007, 12:55 PM
gradyex is infamous around these partsgradyex is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by paneraiwatches
I thought the GIAC "stock" program isnt really stock. It's GIAC's version of a stock Porsche program. So the GIAC switchable programs aren't really dealer undetectable. The only way it becomes undectectable is when you unhook the battery and physically change the ECU?

Forgive my ignorance on the subject but doesn't the ECU monitor your car from the day its born? Example: over revs, system faults, etc. I would think that any interruption in that would be detected?

Old 02-24-2007, 02:10 PM
Banned
Eric523 is infamous around these parts
I wanted to chime in here and let you know about a product that has the capabilities to switch from performance mode to stock mode. With this product you can switch between the modes YOURSELF, without a trip to your tuner. By plugging the switch into your easily accessable OBDII port, you can switch the program between stock and performance mode in seconds.
So this may be something that interests you guys who are worried about your dealership.

From www.revotechnik.com

" Revo performance software programs are switchable via the OBD2 port on your car using either our SPS or select device. Simply select a program, plug in, wait a few seconds, remove the sps or select device and start the car. It's simple and there's no fixed switch to alert to any modification.
Revo - Innovators of Serial Port Switching to the aftermarket."

However, REVO performance software for the 997TT is still under developement at this time. I am hoping it is available soon.

Old 02-24-2007, 02:23 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
I have been thinking about this over the past week as I get some miles on the car...I really have to think hard $150k is alot of $ for me and $50k for an enigne is as bad or worse..the car with the Fabspeed Exhaust and Headers and clear markers is enough for me, I may just keep this one simple..

Old 02-25-2007, 05:46 AM
gradyex is infamous around these partsgradyex is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Marc997TT
I have been thinking about this over the past week as I get some miles on the car...I really have to think hard $150k is alot of $ for me and $50k for an enigne is as bad or worse..the car with the Fabspeed Exhaust and Headers and clear markers is enough for me, I may just keep this one simple..

Hey Mark, sounds like the way to go. May I ask how much was the exhaust with headers including install? How much HP/Torque did you gain from stock (measured at the rear wheels) and is it really noticeable? Thanks.

Old 02-25-2007, 12:30 PM
I also would like to get the port plug in ,In a flash unit.But like REVOTECH says it still not here yet,The more,I hammer my porsche Tech buddy ,He says to wait for it.All I want with this story is to tell you what happened to me with the blown head gasket and how Porsche USA reacts

Old 02-25-2007, 12:36 PM
I'm getting the FVD flash.They are setting it to flash ,When I turn on the sport chrono.So that its not on all the time.Of course I'm getting 2 DME's
FYI

Old 02-25-2007, 01:50 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Excuse me, let me play the devil's advocate for a minute, besides it's raining in Houston and I have nothing better to do
Go ahead and chip or flash your ecu all you want, but be honest about it to the dealer. If these "tuners" are worth anything they'll back you in case of an engine problem. Don't expect Porsche to warranty the engine when it has been "tuned" out of factory spec.

Old 02-25-2007, 02:50 PM
crd
crd is infamous around these parts
Doug,

I like your honesty approach, because I was never very good at lying. However, the problem is not so much with the flashing causing an engine problem, although that is certainly possible. The problem, as I see it, is that PCNA will look for ANY reason to avoid paying for the engine damage, even if flashing had nothing to do with it. The law says they have to pay for the repairs unless the flash is the actual cause, but who wants to get in a lawsuit with PCNA? For example, lets say a couple of oil lines fail within warranty. They didn't fail due to flash, but I'm thinking PCNA will deny warranty coverage if they find out car was flashed. So owner pays a few G's (let's say) to replace oil lines and related damage.

Personally, I'm going to wait a while and see what the reliability of the 997 is before I flash. My 930 was absolutely bulletproof, but I did have oil lines replaced after 2 years. I had to insist that Porsche pay for it, and they finally did. Finally, don't believe that flashers will help pay for engine failures, that aint gonna happen.

BTW, I love your color choices. Meteor/cocoa should be a knockout!

Last edited by crd; 02-25-2007 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:43 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Lets see what plays out

Gradyex the Fabspeed exhaust and headers are great I have not done dyno #'s but contact Porsche PHD and he can give them to you. Enjoy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Flashing Your Dme