997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

The Dyno Results Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:21 PM
treynor has a spectacular aura abouttreynor has a spectacular aura about
The Dyno Results Thread

I'm starting a dyno results thread, since we have several listers who have begun modifying their cars. I'd be interested in seeing everyone's personal dyno results [owners only, please!] as well as detail on what modifications were installed, and what gas was in the tank, and what gear you used to dyno (4th gear is the usual reference).

I'll post my own results shortly.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:40 AM

Old 02-28-2007, 04:53 AM
VRAlexander
What about the other mods??? Headers, Protomotive Turbos, etc... ???

Old 02-28-2007, 09:25 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Here are mine. Stock then after

Attached Images  
Old 02-28-2007, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
What about the other mods??? Headers, Protomotive Turbos, etc... ???
Haven't yet successfully dyno'd after the latest mods - the stock clutch has decided the car's making too much power, and will slip at WOT (e.g. from a 3rd gear roll) until it's warmed up. I'll have dyno results after the clutch gets replaced with something capable of handling the new power.

Old 02-28-2007, 10:55 AM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Any EVOMS 610HP dyno chart? The highest achieved HP in the world with stock VTN turbos. Those Clubsport intercoolers really are doing their job.

Old 03-01-2007, 03:26 PM
loungedog is infamous around these parts
Cool Intercoolers

Originally Posted by Jean
Any EVOMS 610HP dyno chart? The highest achieved HP in the world with stock VTN turbos. Those Clubsport intercoolers really are doing their job.
Jean: the HP quoted by EVOMS is at the flywheel. The HP on the chart from IA is the HP with loss and at the 4 wheels. EVOMS package and the IA package are the some package, both use Fabspeed headers/exhaust and ECU programing from GIAC.

Wondering truly how much HP you get with the upgraded intercoolers? I would think the Clubsport intercoolers would help you when you are tracking your 997tt on a hot day...thereby reducing heat thereby avoiding heat soak and loose HP as you as lapping. On the EVOMS site, Stage 3 is rated 600 HP and the stage 4 is at 610 HP. $3000 seems like a lot of money to gain an extra 10 HP. In conclusion: I would think the Clubsport intercooler's are more to maintane the HP on a hot day and lieu of gaining HP on a cool night.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:47 PM
ringmaster is infamous around these parts
Hey Treynor, nice power but AFRs in the 12s around peak torque Maybe you can get away with it this lean because of the 100 octane.

Old 03-02-2007, 12:30 AM
The AFRs are apparently similar to the stock car -- and of course the ECU is going to cut back the moment it smells knock. I haven't seen an independent dyno of other tuners' packages to see how they compare.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:39 AM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by loungedog
Jean: the HP quoted by EVOMS is at the flywheel. The HP on the chart from IA is the HP with loss and at the 4 wheels. EVOMS package and the IA package are the some package, both use Fabspeed headers/exhaust and ECU programing from GIAC.

Wondering truly how much HP you get with the upgraded intercoolers? I would think the Clubsport intercoolers would help you when you are tracking your 997tt on a hot day...thereby reducing heat thereby avoiding heat soak and loose HP as you as lapping. On the EVOMS site, Stage 3 is rated 600 HP and the stage 4 is at 610 HP. $3000 seems like a lot of money to gain an extra 10 HP. In conclusion: I would think the Clubsport intercooler's are more to maintane the HP on a hot day and lieu of gaining HP on a cool night.
Loungedog, thanks for your explanations. I agree with most of it.
So IA and EVOMS have the highest rated HP in the world for the 997TT with stock VTG turbos. Only those turbos are rated to 550 FWHP by the KKK factory

Old 03-02-2007, 09:11 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ringmaster
Hey Treynor, nice power but AFRs in the 12s around peak torque Maybe you can get away with it this lean because of the 100 octane.
Alot of tuners like to leave it a tad bit lean near the tq peak to help increase exhaust temps and flow in the effort to quicken spool-up time. His AFR's actually look to be in the mid 13's to me at the tq peak which is not too crazy. If the EGT's got too high it should pull boost and timing which would remedy the situation in theory.

I wonder if anyone has the compressor map for our VTG turbos?

Old 03-02-2007, 09:13 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
How much does my car make? Who cares ? No, really I mean that. I get asked this all the time. Especially on the SC Boxster we build. My response is always the same. Who cares? Look at the gains. Again, people want to get up in the overall numbers. It never ends. The idea of ANY dyno is a baseline and then what the gains where after that. I don't care if the car dynoed 1000HP, what I am interested in is the gain it achieved from the various components added to the system.
<O
As far as intercoolers, unless the intercooler is a HUGE restriction it will not add HP. It will sustain it. Intercoolers are not a HP addition. Never have been, but they do allow you to sustain your HP and not realize a loss under certain conditions, prolonged runs, hot days, track etc. <O

Old 03-02-2007, 10:34 AM
Stephen,

I know your philosophy and it sets you apart from others. You do understand however that these kits are being marketed as a 610fwhp upgrade.

Jean

Old 03-02-2007, 10:49 AM
It is much easier to just post the before and after dynos and call it a stage. But again, you know how I work

Last edited by PorschePhd; 03-02-2007 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:02 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jean
Stephen,

I know your philosophy and it sets you apart from others. You do understand however that these kits are being marketed as a 610fwhp upgrade.

Jean
Jean,I guess you have nothing better to do?Did you see the Evoms car run 10.9x at 129.xx at 3500 +lbs(at a very slow track and you can take off 2 tenths and add 2mph for a better track).I'm sure you can do the math!No bs either, little old me ran an 11.15 and 11.0x the first two times in the car,even after they lowered the car an inch.Its making the power. Maybe you should head over there,i'm sure they will let you drive it and you can see for yourself instead of shooting from the hip.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The Dyno Results Thread