997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Northern NJ - quick get together?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 11:01 PM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by docjackson1
justin-you did a good job organizing the get together. just an idea-i went with a buddy of mine to a meeting of rolls royce owners that was sposored by and catered at the showroom of paul miller rolls royce. they loved it because it brought a bunch of owners into their showroom who were introduced to their service and sales facility. their downside was springing for the food and providing a place for the 2 hour meeting. what do you think-do you think that the new sales manager and gm at a place like jack daniels would want to sponsor such an event? they would get great exposure, rather than starbucks getting it, and we would get a venue for the meeting. if it was at a dealer, i would bet that attendance would triple
I think that would be great publicity for Jack Daniels however have you ever seen that tiny excuse for a parking lot they have?

I would definately help to organize it though, alot of other people would love to help as well.

My goal is to essentially have our meets be the same size and be as prestigeous as the CC meets are in Cali.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:09 PM
docjackson1 is infamous around these parts
good point about the parking lot-maybe paul miller would be a better idea.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by docjackson1
good point about the parking lot-maybe paul miller would be a better idea.
Distance comes into play there as well. I think and this is a small idea but I know that Jack Daniel's other location by their service department would be pretty nice.

And if anything we could set it up on Sunday mornings for when its usually closed to make sure its free. Or we can do something near the water front perhaps, there are plenty of options. I'll scope out the area and keep everyone updated if I can find a real nice area for the meet. And I'll take the camera along so people can make choices.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:27 PM
Broadway Performance is infamous around these parts
I wish I saw this post earlier. I would have come! Anyone know the owner of the Murci? Is his name Kamil? My friend Kamil owns a Murci with those same specs from what I can see and lives close to that area!

Old 03-12-2007, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by bp95gsx
I wish I saw this post earlier. I would have come! Anyone know the owner of the Murci? Is his name Kamil? My friend Kamil owns a Murci with those same specs from what I can see and lives close to that area!
no, not kamil

Old 03-12-2007, 11:41 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by bp95gsx
His name is Kyle, his username is motoracer

Old 03-12-2007, 11:42 PM
Banned
Tomorrow/Tuesday I'll scope out places and snap pictures, we'll make a massive thread and have people pick the location for the next meet.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:51 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Origyns 973
Tomorrow/Tuesday I'll scope out places and snap pictures, we'll make a massive thread and have people pick the location for the next meet.
Great Idea!! Paul Miller at 46 is not big enough, though somewhere in edgwater there are a couple of malls with big lots... and the view of the city is nice.

Maciej... great job with the pics. My favorite is the money shot (my car of course )
The turnout was a surprise, everyone is def ready for spring. It was good to see some of you guys out there.

Ferdinand

Old 03-12-2007, 11:53 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Redridge
Great Idea!! Paul Miller at 46 is not big enough, though somewhere in edgwater there are a couple of malls with big lots... and the view of the city is nice.

Maciej... great job with the pics. My favorite is the money shot (my car of course )
The turnout was a surprise, everyone is def ready for spring. It was good to see some of you guys out there.

Ferdinand
Edit: A durrrr just realized it...

Old 03-13-2007, 12:06 AM
Banned

Ferdinand
Heres a better higher res money shot I just editted for you. Put more detail into it.

Old 03-13-2007, 12:23 AM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
there ya go... you dont need a DSLR... its not the fiddle you know!!!

Old 03-13-2007, 12:25 AM
Banned
there ya go... you dont need a DSLR... its not the fiddle you know!!!
Your right... I'm just talented... what can I say?

Old 03-13-2007, 12:59 AM

Ferdinand
ferdinand-paul miller has a very large parking area-on this saturday afternoon, they must have had 30 or more rolls royces and their owners and hosted them for a catered lunch inside their dealership. they then gave everyone a tour of their service facility, where they had a carrera gt on display. it gave everyone a place to comfortably talk inside. it worked out wekk for the rolls owners, these people have a meeting every couple months at some noteable site-certainly, as you note, a restaurant by the hudson, like that crab shack or some thing like that, would be another nice place.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:13 AM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Origyns 973
Next meet I'll take some real nice pics of your car for yah.

I think it was meteor.
Thanks man! I will have to wash it!

Old 03-13-2007, 09:58 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
last year we had a few threads going about a weekly GTG in the North Jersey area. A few of us got together at Riverside Square Mall on Sundays around 9am. This venue is OK but not the best. One venue which I spoke with a few people about is Starbucks in Edgewater. This is a great location due to it's close proximity to NYC, CT and upstate NY. It is located about 5 minutes from the GWB. Additionally there are usually car clubs which meet there weekly so the shopping center is used to large gatherings.
Great meeting everyone! I look forward to the next meet.

Last edited by str8blst; 03-13-2007 at 11:04 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Northern NJ - quick get together?