997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Florida Porsche Dealer Finance Manager Hangs up on me while negotiating!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 04:34 PM
docjackson1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tony (FL)
I've always been treated well from Braman, so no complaints here.
I also have been looking for a 997TT but haven't bought one because I want a Tip. I'm probably going to put a back up deposit on this one in case the deal falls through.
wait a second! you are going to undermine the original poster by putting a deposit on the car that he spec'd out. Que Cajones!

Old 03-09-2007, 05:06 PM
YesItsLoaded is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tony (FL)
I've always been treated well from Braman, so no complaints here.
I also have been looking for a 997TT but haven't bought one because I want a Tip. I'm probably going to put a back up deposit on this one in case the deal falls through.
Thanks for your 'support'? Don't worry, if the deal falls through (unlikely) I'll PM you.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by alex911s
There's no way you can do anything about the rate.. my score is almost 800
and I cant even negotiate with porsche.. they always have the worst money factor...plus what's .0004 difference?, you want the car buy it...
Even Leasecompare is .0035 and .0037.. goodluck
Sure I can and did have the rate lowered ... not below the buy-rate, but below their original offer to me.

I just spoke with LeaseCompare today - even though their money factor was lower than the money factor I was quoted by my dealer ... their monthly payment was higher than Porsche Financial Services. The LeaseCompare representative told me this was because their 'Bank A Porsche Lender' (the lender who gave great rates on Porsche's) was not participating in the program anymore. Whether that is temporary or permanent I do not know, but the bottom line was LeaseCompare was more expensive than the Dealer.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:27 PM
docjackson1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by YesItsLoaded
Sure I can and did have the rate lowered ... not below the buy-rate, but below their original offer to me.

I just spoke with LeaseCompare today - even though their money factor was lower than the money factor I was quoted by my dealer ... their monthly payment was higher than Porsche Financial Services. The LeaseCompare representative told me this was because their 'Bank A Porsche Lender' (the lender who gave great rates on Porsche's) was not participating in the program anymore. Whether that is temporary or permanent I do not know, but the bottom line was LeaseCompare was more expensive than the Dealer.
their residual must have been lower than porsche

Old 03-09-2007, 05:33 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
I am sorry but I have to laugh that he hung up on you. Why get so offended because at least he said goodbye. Hang ups are good because sometimes they help end a situation that is going no where. They also help the person on the receiving end understand that no one sits on a throne. Sorry for my comments and you can take it personally but don't waste your energy over that. Just buy the car or don't.

Aloha

Byron

P.S. I don't sell cars so I am not defending anyone. If you want to flame me go right ahead.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Marc997GT3
I have dealt with Braman through 2 cars in the past 3 weeks and the finance person, Carina, has helped me on both occassions she was always curteous and kind and everyone in that dealership from the GM (Sid) to my Salesperson Peter Sil has always treated me with respect, maybe there is another issue under all of this...was your credit score good enough to support that rate? That is a huge factor...
I have 2 cars in my garage that I bought from Braman w/in the past 3 years and have been extremely happy with every contact I have had with Braman sales and management during that time.

I had a wonderful face to face conversation with Carina (sp?) yesterday and came away absolutely satisfied. My salesman Chip sits next to Peter and both have been a pleasure to deal with over the course of specifying and ordering my TT. Today, I called Carina, told her I would not take the offer she made to me yesterday, but given that I was paying MSRP and all ridiculous bank and application fees, I would want the buy rate as my money factor. After telling me "we do not do that" she hung up on me. My salesman saved the day by calling me right back and offering me a deal. I told him I'd think about it.

I did absolutely nothing to elicit her conduct, and while I realize that everyone (including myself) has a bad day once in a while, her conduct was uncalled for given the circumstances.

I have had a consistent mid to upper 700 score for decades, no derogatory's, lates or bankruptcies ... never been late on an automobile payment ... ever. I'm pretty sure credit isn't the issue.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:40 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Some story here, good luck and hope it works out and you have some pics to post soon!

Old 03-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by docjackson1
their residual must have been lower than porsche
<TABLE class=vtext style="BORDER-RIGHT: #c0c0c0 1px solid; FONT-SIZE: 12px; BORDER-LEFT: #c0c0c0 1px solid; COLOR: #333333; BORDER-BOTTOM: #c0c0c0 1px solid" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=498 border=0><TBODY><TR height=22><TD align=left width=153 bgColor=#666666 colSpan=2>Lease Offers*

</TD><TD align=middle width=83 bgColor=#666666>Lease Term</TD><TD align=middle width=83 bgColor=#666666>Residual</TD><TD align=middle width=108 bgColor=#666666>Money Factor</TD><TD align=middle width=71 bgColor=#666666 colSpan=2>Payment</TD></TR><TR id=trCLUSA_36 onmouseover="this.style.cursor='pointer';" style="CURSOR: pointer" bgColor=#ffffff height=24 value="#FFFFFF"><TD onclick="selectQuote('CLUSA','36');" align=middle width=17 height=21><INPUT id=LenderID style="WIDTH: 22px; HEIGHT: 22px" type=radio value=CLUSA_36 name=LenderID></TD><TD onclick="selectQuote('CLUSA','36');" align=left width=166>Bank Lease D

</TD><TD onclick="selectQuote('CLUSA','36');" align=middle>36 months</TD><TD onclick="selectQuote('CLUSA','36');" align=middle>$54,659</TD><TD onclick="selectQuote('CLUSA','36');" align=middle>0.00372</TD><TD id=tdCLUSA_36 onclick="selectQuote('CLUSA','36');" align=middle bgColor=#e7ff95>$2,837

</TD></TR><TR id=trFAIR_36 onmouseover="this.style.cursor='pointer';" style="CURSOR: pointer" bgColor=#f2f2f2 height=24 value="#F2F2F2"><TD onclick="selectQuote('FAIR','36');" align=middle width=17 height=21><INPUT id=LenderID style="WIDTH: 22px; HEIGHT: 22px" type=radio value=FAIR_36 name=LenderID></TD><TD onclick="selectQuote('FAIR','36');" align=left width=166>Bank Lease C

</TD><TD onclick="selectQuote('FAIR','36');" align=middle>36 months</TD><TD onclick="selectQuote('FAIR','36');" align=middle>$48,304</TD><TD onclick="selectQuote('FAIR','36');" align=middle>0.00402</TD><TD id=tdFAIR_36 onclick="selectQuote('FAIR','36');" align=middle bgColor=#dbf582>$2,925

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

PFS: 36 months/$69850/.0038/$2383

Old 03-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by DJ
Some story here, good luck and hope it works out and you have some pics to post soon!
Pretty ironic now considering all I was going through a few months ago to give this slot away!

Had a few people step-up, but realized I just don't want to drive anything else. I'm sure Braman and I can work something out.

Old 03-09-2007, 09:55 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
I would skip on the deal and go somewhere else. I would not do business with a person/company that would hang up on a customer. When buying anything I feel customer service is key and with that treatment I would just walk. I would also call up Porsche NA to put a formal compliant in. And ask them to make sure the regional rep calls your back. Tell him/her what happened and Porsche can take care of it from there. As well I'm sure the rep would make sure that you get your car and from the right dealer.

Old 03-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Vanishing Point is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Texas911
Hopefully, the dealer isn't reading this message board.
They do. I have seen them, incl Chip D surfing this site while I have been there.
That don't have much else to do because they all suk. I have bought 5 cars from them, a combo of P and BMW, (They are just about a block apart on Okeechobee Blvd) and after my last mess I will goto Champion even though that means a 45 min hike South.

Just tell them youll be going to Champion to get your car.

Old 03-09-2007, 10:35 PM
thuggy has a spectacular aura aboutthuggy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by pyiu
I would skip on the deal and go somewhere else. I would not do business with a person/company that would hang up on a customer. When buying anything I feel customer service is key and with that treatment I would just walk. I would also call up Porsche NA to put a formal compliant in. And ask them to make sure the regional rep calls your back. Tell him/her what happened and Porsche can take care of it from there. As well I'm sure the rep would make sure that you get your car and from the right dealer.
+1 Totally uncalled for.

Old 03-09-2007, 11:52 PM
Vik
Vik has a spectacular aura aboutVik has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by pyiu
I agree. Nothing ticks me off more than bad customer service. I rather pay more money for the better treatment.

Old 03-10-2007, 11:31 AM
Trundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond repute
They are looking after their "back end" money.....

Old 03-10-2007, 11:53 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
I would cut them out of the loop by financing it thru your bank.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Florida Porsche Dealer Finance Manager Hangs up on me while negotiating!