997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Florida Porsche Dealer Finance Manager Hangs up on me while negotiating!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 12:02 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
in your opinion how much leverage there is when negotiating a lease on a turbo? specially on a special ordered one that is not on the floor? the miniscule amount wer are talking about worth the trouble?

As of right now Braman has the upper hand because if you back up they have time to move the car promptly. If you want to get back at them, let the car arrive and sit on their floor for 15 days, make it hard for them, let them call you, let them be worried about you signing promptly and not giving them the run around. My advise is, if you want the rate, do as advised. If you want the car and best rate let the car arrive and negotiate then. If you want the car promptly close the deal before arrival.

I usually order cars, not take them from the floor. But I wait for the ultimate negotiation once the car has 15 days sitting on their money... that's when they budge... just my 2 cents

Old 03-10-2007, 02:09 PM
YesItsLoaded is infamous around these parts
Update !!!

Just received a call in my office from the FI manager at my dealership. Actually, I was busy for the first two calls she made in an attempt to reach me, but she got through to me on the third.

She wanted me to know that a horrible misunderstanding had occured and she never intended to hang up on me. She apologized profusely and was really very sincere.

She will honor the 'enhanced' deal made to me by my salesman (.0036 money factor/$1500 of MSRP), and will throw in installation of my Porsche child seat /anchors/airbag deactivation key.

While not a windfall, I am satisfied with her explanation, sincerity and the added bennies.

BTW: she called me after she was called by one of her customers and told to check out the posts here. She told me she read each and every post, agreed with some, disagreed with some, but most importantly helped her see that she needed to clear up the misunderstanding - which she promptly did.

Old 03-10-2007, 02:22 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by YesItsLoaded
Just received a call in my office from the FI manager at my dealership. Actually, I was busy for the first two calls she made in an attempt to reach me, but she got through to me on the third.

She wanted me to know that a horrible misunderstanding had occured and she never intended to hang up on me. She apologized profusely and was really very sincere.

She will honor the 'enhanced' deal made to me by my salesman (.0036 money factor/$1500 of MSRP), and will throw in installation of my Porsche child seat /anchors/airbag deactivation key.

While not a windfall, I am satisfied with her explanation, sincerity and the added bennies.

BTW: she called me after she was called by one of her customers and told to check out the posts here. She told me she read each and every post, agreed with some, disagreed with some, but most importantly helped her see that she needed to clear up the misunderstanding - which she promptly did.
good for you man!!! 6speed is awesome

Old 03-10-2007, 02:35 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !

LMAO ! Good for you yesitsloaded !

Never underestimate the power of the SIX.
Tell her to join and we will hold a open forum on how NOT to deal with customers.

Old 03-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Hernando is infamous around these parts
Chip is a good guy! Treat him well, while showing him how upset you are, you'll work out a better deal! I can't believe she hung up on you! THAT IS SO RUDE!!! IT'S PISSING ME OFF, AND IT DIDN'T EVEN HAPPEN TO ME! I will be surprised if she still has a job, one should never speak to customers that way no matter what. Especially when they are about to buy a 100k+ car! MY GOD! In the end you will get what you want, just always deal with Chip. My cousin Sebastian bought his Turbo from him on Feb 4th.

Old 03-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Hernando is infamous around these parts
Glad it worked out!

Old 03-10-2007, 04:24 PM
brn2bn1 is infamous around these parts
<TABLE class=vtext style="BORDER-RIGHT: #c0c0c0 1px solid; FONT-SIZE: 12px; BORDER-LEFT: #c0c0c0 1px solid; COLOR: #333333; BORDER-BOTTOM: #c0c0c0 1px solid" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=498 border=0><TBODY><TR height=22><TD align=left width=153 bgColor=#666666 colSpan=2>Lease Offers*

</TD><TD align=middle width=83 bgColor=#666666>Lease Term</TD><TD align=middle width=83 bgColor=#666666>Residual</TD><TD align=middle width=108 bgColor=#666666>Money Factor</TD><TD align=middle width=71 bgColor=#666666 colSpan=2>Payment</TD></TR><TR id=trCLUSA_36 onmouseover="this.style.cursor='pointer';" style="CURSOR: pointer" bgColor=#ffffff height=24 value="#FFFFFF"><TD onclick="selectQuote('CLUSA','36');" align=middle width=17 height=21><INPUT id=LenderID style="WIDTH: 22px; HEIGHT: 22px" type=radio value=CLUSA_36 name=LenderID></TD><TD onclick="selectQuote('CLUSA','36');" align=left width=166>Bank Lease D

</TD><TD onclick="selectQuote('CLUSA','36');" align=middle>36 months</TD><TD onclick="selectQuote('CLUSA','36');" align=middle>$54,659</TD><TD onclick="selectQuote('CLUSA','36');" align=middle>0.00372</TD><TD id=tdCLUSA_36 onclick="selectQuote('CLUSA','36');" align=middle bgColor=#e7ff95>$2,837

</TD></TR><TR id=trFAIR_36 onmouseover="this.style.cursor='pointer';" style="CURSOR: pointer" bgColor=#f2f2f2 height=24 value="#F2F2F2"><TD onclick="selectQuote('FAIR','36');" align=middle width=17 height=21><INPUT id=LenderID style="WIDTH: 22px; HEIGHT: 22px" type=radio value=FAIR_36 name=LenderID></TD><TD onclick="selectQuote('FAIR','36');" align=left width=166>Bank Lease C

</TD><TD onclick="selectQuote('FAIR','36');" align=middle>36 months</TD><TD onclick="selectQuote('FAIR','36');" align=middle>$48,304</TD><TD onclick="selectQuote('FAIR','36');" align=middle>0.00402</TD><TD id=tdFAIR_36 onclick="selectQuote('FAIR','36');" align=middle bgColor=#dbf582>$2,925

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

PFS: 36 months/$69850/.0038/$2383
~$500 difference ($18,000 in 3 years) on the same type of lease is huge.
I'm glad you were able to work it out with finance manager.

Old 03-10-2007, 09:32 PM
93oh is infamous around these parts
Yeah, well they should certainly make up for it that is intolerable! What the hell happened to the customer is always right?! Inexcuseable conduct. However, glad you ended up with the car you wanted. Best of luck and enjoy in good health.

Old 03-10-2007, 10:54 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Frissen
in your opinion how much leverage there is when negotiating a lease on a turbo? specially on a special ordered one that is not on the floor? the miniscule amount wer are talking about worth the trouble?

As of right now Braman has the upper hand because if you back up they have time to move the car promptly. If you want to get back at them, let the car arrive and sit on their floor for 15 days, make it hard for them, let them call you, let them be worried about you signing promptly and not giving them the run around. My advise is, if you want the rate, do as advised. If you want the car and best rate let the car arrive and negotiate then. If you want the car promptly close the deal before arrival.

I usually order cars, not take them from the floor. But I wait for the ultimate negotiation once the car has 15 days sitting on their money... that's when they budge... just my 2 cents
That is excellent advice!

Old 03-10-2007, 11:13 PM
It's all good now ...

I dropped by the dealership today (un-announced) to complete the paperwork and sign the doc's. The moment I hit the showroom floor, I was greeted with a big hug and a sincere face to face apology (and that was just from the guy who details the cars!). No really, the FI Manager went out of her way to make me feel at home - and a hug from a pretty woman goes a long way with me (although a couple thousand off the sticker would have gone farther ) . She even printed out two different lease contracts with different terms and handed them both to me so I could take them home, look at all the numbers, take my time over the weekend and choose which deal suits me best - never had that done for me before

My salesman Chip was great too and he also went out of his way to make me feel quite at ease given the circumstances.

I'm told 'the boat' should dock this weekend, with the car arriving at the dealership on Monday or Tuesday ... and I should have my baby in my driveway by Wednesday the 14th.

Thanks to all for your comments, well, most of them anyway (and for the guy who was going to put money down on MY car in case I backed out ... sorry Charlie ... this bad boy is mine ).

Best regards - Drew.

Old 03-10-2007, 11:41 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Drew, congrats on your car. Though her actions were inexcusable (based on what has been posted) it sounds like she made good and was sincere in her apologies. Most importantly, you're gonna have yourself a brand spankin new 997TT in your garage in less than a week! So tell us, how'd you spec it out?

Old 03-11-2007, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Drew, congrats on your car. Though her actions were inexcusable (based on what has been posted) it sounds like she made good and was sincere in her apologies. Most importantly, you're gonna have yourself a brand spankin new 997TT in your garage in less than a week! So tell us, how'd you spec it out?
Scott,

Not heavily optioned, but as I wanted it when I ordered (would have gotten a few more/different options if I ordered today though).

Here you go:

2007 911 Turbo Coupe 997 420 Price

BASE Porsche Base Model 122,900.00
</PRE>

B4 Carrara White 0.00
</PRE>

B4 Carrara White Top 0.00
</PRE>

BK Black/Stone Grey Interior 430.00
</PRE>

C02 U.S. Standard/Emissions 0.00
</PRE>

640 Sport Chrono Package Turbo 1,840.00
</PRE>

249 Tiptronic S 3,420.00
</PRE>

635 Parking Assist System 530.00
</PRE>

692 Remote CD Changer (6 Disc) 650.00
</PRE>

425 Rear Window Wiper 0.00
</PRE>

431 3-Spoke Str Whl Multifctn lthr 250.00
</PRE>

CPA Thicker Leather Steering Wheel 930.00
</PRE>

810 Floor Mats - Interior Color 140.00
</PRE>

970 Bicolor Interior Instructions 0.00
</PRE>

666 Module for Telephone PCM 960.00
</PRE>

-------------------------
</PRE>

Total with Options $ 132,050.00
</PRE>

</PRE>

DSTCHG Destination Charge 860.00
</PRE>

</PRE>

Total Charges $ 860.00
</PRE>

</PRE>

Total Order $ 132,910.00
</PRE>

Old 03-11-2007, 12:16 PM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
sounds like you caught her on a bad day(PMS)... at least she made it right

Old 03-11-2007, 01:24 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Why did they charge you for 2 steering wheels?

Old 03-11-2007, 01:30 PM
Vik
Vik has a spectacular aura aboutVik has a spectacular aura about
Good to hear that they made things right! Congrats on the car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Florida Porsche Dealer Finance Manager Hangs up on me while negotiating!