997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Florida Porsche Dealer Finance Manager Hangs up on me while negotiating!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 02:03 PM
Vanishing Point is infamous around these parts
I cannot believe you have to pay for a proper steering wheel. I mean were not talking about a Kia here but a $ 120K plus car.

I would swap it w/ a wheel from the M Coupe. I have big hands but can barely get them around that thing.

Old 03-11-2007, 03:07 PM
YesItsLoaded is infamous around these parts
Smile

Originally Posted by DJ996
Why did they charge you for 2 steering wheels?
The total price for 'steering wheels' would lead you to believe that I bought 2, but what I actually paid for was 2-upgrades to the standard steering wheel: 1.) the multi-function wheel, and 2.) to have it wrapped in extra-thick leather.

I'll have to find you a picture of the wheel later (unless someone can chime in here) - have to go be a Daddy now!

Old 03-11-2007, 03:10 PM
ezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond repute
Does the money factor multiplied by 2400= interest rate? Or is it 1200?

Old 03-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
I cannot believe you have to pay for a proper steering wheel. I mean were not talking about a Kia here but a $ 120K plus car.

I would swap it w/ a wheel from the M Coupe. I have big hands but can barely get them around that thing.
forget about the Mcoupe, a Golf GTI has a better steering wheel than a 997TT

i only paid 300 bucks for mine to be "thicker" still not thick enough when you think of the $26k Golf

crap...

my wheels are thick though, but those are aftermarket too

no one noticed my painted ring dials on my past post...

Old 03-12-2007, 01:17 AM
docjackson1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ezmoney888
Does the money factor multiplied by 2400= interest rate? Or is it 1200?
2400. .0033 x 2400 = 7.92 .0032 x 2400 = 7.68. i think they initially tried to charge drew .0038. that would have been .0038 x 2400 = 9.12. luckily for drew, he got them down to 7.92%. that is much better than a 9.12% lease.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Mz3bo is infamous around these parts
Can someone explain me what is money factor ? I never had to deal with that since I always buy cash but would be interested at knowing what money factor is.

Thanks

Old 03-12-2007, 09:47 PM
sftobr is infamous around these parts
Bought 7 cars from Braman Porsche the last 4 years. Only thing that bothers me is they go through GMs quite often. The new GM is a real gentleman and very easy to do business with. Hope he stays there for a few years.Had one problem with them over that period which also had to to with the business office. Know Chip and Peter very well and can tell you they really take care of their customers.Sorry they did not get the Lambo franchise. Getting tired of buying my Lambos from Prestige.Good luck with the new turbo. You are going to love it. Have a 07 997TT and a 08 Cayenne turbo and love them both.You picked a great color scheme. Now you need to see Rodger Hawley at Orbit Racing and really make that thing scream!!!!

Old 03-12-2007, 10:47 PM
C4Cortez is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by YesItsLoaded
Just received a call in my office from the FI manager at my dealership. Actually, I was busy for the first two calls she made in an attempt to reach me, but she got through to me on the third.

She wanted me to know that a horrible misunderstanding had occured and she never intended to hang up on me. She apologized profusely and was really very sincere.

She will honor the 'enhanced' deal made to me by my salesman (.0036 money factor/$1500 of MSRP), and will throw in installation of my Porsche child seat /anchors/airbag deactivation key.

While not a windfall, I am satisfied with her explanation, sincerity and the added bennies. ..
I'm sorry, I hate to rain on the parade, but my dealer bullshiz meter just pegged. The child seat restraint anchors & airbag deactivation key are standard equipment, they are ALREADY INTEGRATED INTO THE CAR when it arrives from the factory! No installation is needed, or possible.
(model year 2005 997 cars did not have them, but Braman knows damn well that ALL 2006 and 2007 cars contain these items.
...beware, they may promise to install tire pressure monitoring system next?? )
You already own the Recaro child seat? ...then they're not giving anything additional with this BS olive branch. It's not a huge thing, granted but more on principle the dealer double-talk repulses me. There are plenty of dealers who DON'T play games like this.

So the gal merely reiterated your sales assoc's most recent $1500 discount/ .0036 position.

Just for fun, run the numbers from below Credit Union link for a loan to BUY the Turbo... many of my local Porsche club members have financed using PenFed...... you could OWN the car over 60 months for about the same as your lease pmt.
https://www.penfed.org/index.asp
Not to beat this turkey senseless, but I would present the Pentagon Federal #'s and betcha they at least drop to .0034 on the lease.

Last edited by C4Cortez; 03-12-2007 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Pen Fed info
Old 03-13-2007, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by C4Cortez
I'm sorry, I hate to rain on the parade, but my dealer bullshiz meter just pegged. The child seat restraint anchors & airbag deactivation key are standard equipment, they are ALREADY INTEGRATED INTO THE CAR when it arrives from the factory! No installation is needed, or possible.

Airbag Deactivation:

No Sh_t?!!

Thanks for letting me know Bro ... I just haven't seen one on any of the 997's at this dealership. Does anyone have a pic of the actual deactivation key in a 997???

Had to get the Service Manager involved since not a single person at the dealership knew anything about this device. Service Manager said: "our lawyers have forbidden us (this dealership) from installing any device that turns off an airbag".

So looks like I will not be getting this option from this dealer??? Or is the dam_ thing already in the freaking car? I will call my salesman first thing in the AM.

Child Seat Anchors (aka: 'LATCH' System):

NOT standard !!! You have to order this item from the parts department. My salesman and I looked at five different 997's, put the seats back and stuck our hands between the upper and lower seat cushions too ... not one had the LATCH system installed from the factory!!!

Got to find out what the heck is going on with my dealer here ... would love some 'ammo' if anyone has pics. (I'm off to Porsche.com to see if there's anything there in the meantime).

Thanks.

Old 03-13-2007, 01:54 AM
Originally Posted by Mz3bo
Can someone explain me what is money factor ? I never had to deal with that since I always buy cash but would be interested at knowing what money factor is.

Thanks
it is their way of making the interest rate that you are paying on the lease hard for you to understand-as i illustrated on the previous example, you have to multiply it by 2400 to understand your interest rate. drew is paying a money factor of .0036. so his interest rate is .0036 x 2400 = 8.64%. by throwing around money factors, it can be difficult for you to understand what interest rate that you are paying. the dealer gets the financing for the lease at 7.68%. the difference in payment (about 1%/month) the dealer keeps as added proffit. unless your eyes are wide open, dealers will use the financing as another center to make profit. remember, you are negotiating until you drive away with your new car. bank fees, end of lease termination fees, cap cost reductions, etc. a simple buy for cash is the easiest, followed by a buy with a loan, but then again, you have to watch the finance rate. hope that helps.

Old 03-13-2007, 07:54 AM
Mz3bo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by docjackson1
it is their way of making the interest rate that you are paying on the lease hard for you to understand-as i illustrated on the previous example, you have to multiply it by 2400 to understand your interest rate. drew is paying a money factor of .0036. so his interest rate is .0036 x 2400 = 8.64%. by throwing around money factors, it can be difficult for you to understand what interest rate that you are paying. the dealer gets the financing for the lease at 7.68%. the difference in payment (about 1%/month) the dealer keeps as added proffit. unless your eyes are wide open, dealers will use the financing as another center to make profit. remember, you are negotiating until you drive away with your new car. bank fees, end of lease termination fees, cap cost reductions, etc. a simple buy for cash is the easiest, followed by a buy with a loan, but then again, you have to watch the finance rate. hope that helps.
Hi,

Thanks for your help. However, is that always multiplied by 2400 ? What about other type of interest, credit card, mortgage etc... Here in canada, we don't get to play with factor, it's a given interest rate, final.

Thanks

Old 03-13-2007, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by Mz3bo
Hi,

Thanks for your help. However, is that always multiplied by 2400 ? What about other type of interest, credit card, mortgage etc... Here in canada, we don't get to play with factor, it's a given interest rate, final.

Thanks
most of the formulas that financing people use employ the money factor to calculate the monjthly payment. if you search this site, you will find that formula that lets you calculate your monthly payment. this way you can tell the effect of the residual value and the money factor on your monthly payment. yes, it is always multiplied by 2400. remember, money factor is the interest rate.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:56 AM
C4Cortez is infamous around these parts
Airbag Deactivation:

No Sh_t?!!

Thanks for letting me know Bro ... I just haven't seen one on any of the 997's at this dealership. Does anyone have a pic of the actual deactivation key in a 997???

Had to get the Service Manager involved since not a single person at the dealership knew anything about this device. Service Manager said: "our lawyers have forbidden us (this dealership) from installing any device that turns off an airbag".

So looks like I will not be getting this option from this dealer??? Or is the dam_ thing already in the freaking car? I will call my salesman first thing in the AM.
From production date July 2005 all 997's have the auto-sensing switch in the passenger seat. When the passenger side bags are deactivated (if the weight detected in the passenger seat is within the range approximating a small child, I'm not sure of the exact # of lbs.) a light comes on-- the light is located on the center console below and to the right of the shifter (pic below). The "deactivation kit" was a dealer-installed add-on system for vehicles produced prior to July 2005, (from what I've heard the dealer typically charges $500+ to install) which required the driver to use the ignition key to manually switch off the passenger airbag. The key slot/switch would be installed on outer side of passenger dashboard on the MY2005 applications..

Child Seat Anchors (aka: 'LATCH' System):

NOT standard !!! You have to order this item from the parts department. My salesman and I looked at five different 997's, put the seats back and stuck our hands between the upper and lower seat cushions too ... not one had the LATCH system installed from the factory!!!
My bad, sounds like you're right on that one, my 06 997S coupe (I have since sold) had the latch hooks... I had two kid seats attached back there... I had an awesome dealer who went above and beyond on a number of things.

Last edited by C4Cortez; 03-13-2007 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by C4Cortez
From production date July 2005 all 997's have the auto-sensing switch in the passenger seat. When the passenger side bags are deactivated (if the weight detected in the passenger seat is within the range approximating a small child, I'm not sure of the exact # of lbs.) a light comes on-- the light is located on the center console below and to the right of the shifter (pic below). The "deactivation kit" was a dealer-installed add-on system for vehicles produced prior to July 2005, (from what I've heard the dealer typically charges $500+ to install) which required the driver to use the ignition key to manually switch off the passenger airbag. The key slot/switch would be installed on outer side of passenger dashboard on the MY2005 applications..

Thank you so much for pointing this out to me - you saved me from arguing to receive something that doesn't exist!

The dealer claims there is no way to attach the LATCH System to the back seats - any suggestions/tips/pics that will help me show my dealer that this can be done?

What do you think I should request in its place?

BTW: the boat is in ... should have my baby by Wed.

Old 03-13-2007, 03:40 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
At least in 2000 the dealers were NOT charging for the airbag deactivation kit install. According to my service dept, there was a federal mandate that the manufacturer had to install these kits if desired by the customer. I did have to buy the parts, but the install was free. I guess this must have changed??
Unless a 997 is different, the rear child seat tether attachments are located under the carpet on all 996s.

Last edited by TT Gasman; 03-13-2007 at 03:44 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Florida Porsche Dealer Finance Manager Hangs up on me while negotiating!