997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Florida Porsche Dealer Finance Manager Hangs up on me while negotiating!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 04:07 PM
C4Cortez is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by YesItsLoaded
Now I see ... and yes you are absolutely right - while we all knew about the automatic deactivation based on weight ... no one at the dealership knew if and/or why there was no longer a key.

Thank you so much for pointing this out to me - you saved me from arguing to receive something that doesn't exist!

The dealer claims there is no way to attach the LATCH System to the back seats - any suggestions/tips/pics that will help me show my dealer that this can be done?

I never messed with it once my dealer had them attached. Sorry, no pics and I traded the S coupe last year for two SUV's (only temporary!). I know the P-dealer attached my two kid seats in the back both by using the rear seat belts and also some other tether straps... whatever the set up it wasn't pretty-- the rear child seats were always slanted/cockeyed inward because of the narrowness of the rear seat bottom cushion, but it still was secure... kids were only 2yrs and 3.5 yrs at the time so all that I ever needed to do was to fasten the 5-point harness over my girls.

What do you think I should request in its place?

Why not ask for the tire/wheel road hazard warranty. Probably retails for about $500 - $600 (dealer cost is probably $350-$400(?), coincidentally right around the same cost as the 'old' MY05 airbag deactivation kit would've priced out at.

BTW: the boat is in ... should have my baby by Wed.
Congrats, man!

Last edited by C4Cortez; 03-14-2007 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:00 PM
xillentz is infamous around these parts
haha newbie q:
what's a money factor?
the difference between 0.0038, 0.0036, and 0.0032?

Old 03-14-2007, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by xillentz
haha newbie q:
what's a money factor?
the difference between 0.0038, 0.0036, and 0.0032?
As Dr.Jackson referred to above.. multiply mf x 2400 to get the interest rate.

.0038 = 9.12 %

.0036 = 8.64 %

.0034 = 8.16 %

.0032 = 7.68 %

Old 03-14-2007, 06:42 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Just received a call in my office from the FI manager at my dealership. Actually, I was busy for the first two calls she made in an attempt to reach me, but she got through to me on the third.

She wanted me to know that a horrible misunderstanding had occured and she never intended to hang up on me. She apologized profusely and was really very sincere.

She will honor the 'enhanced' deal made to me by my salesman (.0036 money factor/$1500 of MSRP), and will throw in installation of my Porsche child seat /anchors/airbag deactivation key.

While not a windfall, I am satisfied with her explanation, sincerity and the added bennies.

BTW: she called me after she was called by one of her customers and told to check out the posts here. She told me she read each and every post, agreed with some, disagreed with some, but most importantly helped her see that she needed to clear up the misunderstanding - which she promptly did.
Very glad to hear it. I'm happy it's working out or you. But how the heck does someone "not intend" to hang up on someone else when they preface the hang up by saying; "good-bye"? That sounds pretty intentional to me.

IMO, they should demote her snippy *** to receptionist.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 03-14-2007 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:51 PM
Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !
I think it's obvious that she got her *** chewed and possibly her job threatened, and was told to call and apologize. Since no one likes admitting that they were intentionally mean and pigheaded, she tried to make it sound like an accident.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:10 PM
sftobr is infamous around these parts
knowing the new GM you bet she got her *** chewed off. He is very customer oriented and would not allow that to happen while he is in charge!! My last two dealing with Braman were the best so far with no glitches.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:13 AM
status?

YesItsLoaded....well.. did the TT come in? things work out okay?

Old 03-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
She should get canned.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:37 AM
AUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these parts
Honestly, I would walk or demand a better deal.

Look, of course she is going to kiss your *** afterwards, it's her job to make you feel like you're the best. But you know what, she hung up on you in such a rude manner. I don't imagine what sort of an understanding could cause that, as there aren't that many misunderstandings, especially given that her job is to fully realize the financial issue at hand and deal with it.

So at the end of the day, you got a slap in the face and a ***** who brownosed her way into your wallet.

There's something called self-respect. I would either get the lower money factor - that is, make her lower it - or take another $1,500 or so off MSRP. Otherwise, I'd spit on them and walk. There are other dealers who would kill for your business and who wouldn't treat you like ****.

Just my two cents.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:41 AM
Texas911 is infamous around these parts
On second thought, I think you should have walked. When you're buying anything that costs as much as a 997TT, they should be kissing your *** like there is no tomorrow. I've seen *** kissing salespeople at department stores that would have treated you better.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:35 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
So do you ever get the car?
Any pics?

Old 03-21-2007, 04:49 PM
YesItsLoaded is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by C4Cortez
YesItsLoaded....well.. did the TT come in? things work out okay?
Yes it did (thank you for remembering!)

I took delivery last Thursday - and went out of town the next day. I have put only 400 miles on her to date ... OMG I haven't stopped smiling yet. The power is amazing (yes, there IS a definate turbo-lag ... but it spools so quickly, the lag is over before it really makes a difference ... at least for me at 400 miles - I'll see how I feel at 4k).

I think what surprises me most about the car is just how comfy it is as a daily driver - I was expecting a more harsh ride.

I took some quick pics yesterday and I tried to post them last night - but was given an error message each time (not real proficient at computers, but not a moron either). I'll PM someone here and figure it out - and will post the pics ASAP.

Regards.

Old 03-21-2007, 08:50 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
gee guess i'm old school i believe that if your a customer and are treated poorly by a merchant you should go elsewere............i'd call the gm and talk to about the fi person. you are the customer and you are the reason every employee shows up for work every day good luck

Old 03-21-2007, 10:14 PM
Vanishing Point is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sftobr
Sorry they did not get the Lambo franchise. Getting tired of buying my Lambos from Prestige..you need to see Rodger Hawley at Orbit Racing and really make that thing scream!!!!
They were getting a Lambo shop ??? daymn. They always have a few on the PO lot so why not grab a few new ones.

Btw I was just over there a few minutes ago and they have two yellow 07 Murcie's in the RR/Bently Showroom.

I find the finance guys at BMW better than at Porsche right down the block. I have dealt w/ Dennis the F & I Mgr on 3 different occasions and he really works to please you.

Roger is very busy now that the season is in full swing but it is always fun to drop by there to see what they are cooking up in the service area.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:43 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
I have my '07 997tt arriving next tuesday into Braman Porsche in West Palm Beach, FL, so I began to make my leasing plans. As I posted last night https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=75900, I got high-balled on my Money Factor of .00380 (while paying full MSRP and a $1900 bank fee).

I called today and spoke with the FI Manager and advised I was rejecting their offer of .0038 and would do the deal at the .0032 buy rate. Her response: "No, we don't do that, I'm sorry, good bye".

I looked at my phone and thought "What did she say? No, she didn't" ... OMG - that b_tch actually hung up on me! I'm about to pay $140K for a car I spec'd and ordered 4-months ago and SHE HUNG UP ON ME!!!

I immediately called my salesman and said "Chip, we have a problem". He said "no we don't, I'll call you right back". He did shortly thereafter, and apologized for the actions of his FI Manager, and offered me the following deal:

- a money factor of .0036
- $1500 off MSRP.

What would you do???
in my opinion, it's bit late for you to renegotiate for the money factor. (definately worth a try but...)
i would just accept the offer and move on.
anyhow, it's really messed up!