997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Florida Porsche Dealer Finance Manager Hangs up on me while negotiating!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 11:59 AM
YesItsLoaded is infamous around these parts
Florida Porsche Dealer Finance Manager Hangs up on me while negotiating!

I have my '07 997tt arriving next tuesday into Braman Porsche in West Palm Beach, FL, so I began to make my leasing plans. As I posted last night https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=75900, I got high-balled on my Money Factor of .00380 (while paying full MSRP and a $1900 bank fee).

I called today and spoke with the FI Manager and advised I was rejecting their offer of .0038 and would do the deal at the .0032 buy rate. Her response: "No, we don't do that, I'm sorry, good bye".

I looked at my phone and thought "What did she say? No, she didn't" ... OMG - that b_tch actually hung up on me! I'm about to pay $140K for a car I spec'd and ordered 4-months ago and SHE HUNG UP ON ME!!!

I immediately called my salesman and said "Chip, we have a problem". He said "no we don't, I'll call you right back". He did shortly thereafter, and apologized for the actions of his FI Manager, and offered me the following deal:

- a money factor of .0036
- $1500 off MSRP.

What would you do???

Old 03-09-2007, 12:05 PM
Texas911 is infamous around these parts
Take the discount. Ask for more. In my opinion, the difference in percentage points don't amount to that much monthly, it might take a year and a half to recoup the difference btw .0036 and .0038.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:09 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Chip Davis at Braman Porsche is the man! He's always a great guy to deal with... I hope everything works out for you.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:29 PM
docjackson1 is infamous around these parts
see my post on the other board

Old 03-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Lasombra52 is infamous around these parts
They dropped once, so they might be willing to negotiate. I would try one more time. Try to get the .0032. If it doens't work, than take the deal, but don't tell them that your still willing to negotiate. Act like you are not and you won't take anything less than .0032. If they don't come back with at least .0034, I would take the loss and go with .0036.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Texas911 is infamous around these parts
Hopefully, the dealer isn't reading this message board.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:54 PM
you are learning-when you initially ordered the car, you should have put on the contract that you were going to lease it at the prevailing rates for porsche financial. if it was me, i would buy it at the lowest interest rate that you can get, and take the $1500 off. if you must lease, then figure out how much extra that you are paying per month for the increased money factor, multiply it by the months or term of your lease, and make a value decision as to whether the $1500 off the msrp makes it up enough for you. i can tell you that a standard deal on a turbo now would be a few grand off and financing at prevailing rates. are they screwing you a bit-yeah, a bit, but they are a south florida porsche dealer and they are used to pushing the market and making their customers pay dearly. if you were buying it in nj, you would do alot better. you have to work with what you got. i would ask him why they cannot give you the porsche financial rates, why do they have to put it to you. if it were me, i would take the $1500 off and finance it over 60 months at the best interest rate i could find and tell them that they are not going to make a bonus on a lease with me.
<!-- / message -->

Old 03-09-2007, 01:03 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
There's no way you can do anything about the rate.. my score is almost 800
and I cant even negotiate with porsche.. they always have the worst money factor...plus what's .0004 difference?, you want the car buy it...
Even Leasecompare is .0035 and .0037.. goodluck

Last edited by alex911s; 03-09-2007 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:05 PM
YesItsLoaded is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Texas911
Hopefully, the dealer isn't reading this message board.
LOL (or maybe I shouldn't!).

Let him read ... I want to do this deal, heck, I ordered the car (and already bought the Recarro Child Seat to fit in back seat, Cayenne Sirrius Satellite Radio Kit (got a killer deal - just have to have it installed now).

I'm sure one of my salesman's loyal customers will let my salesman know where to find my posts ... which is fine: I wasn't going to explore outside sources for financing before the events of this morning, but now I will likely take the $1500 off and buy the car outright (either with my cash or the banks) or use one of the outside leasing companies (thanks Doc!).

Either way, I will get the best deal possible, but I'm going to buy the car I spec'd and ordered.

Old 03-09-2007, 02:15 PM
ZEMDOGG is infamous around these parts
Wow! Braman is just out of control sometimes.

Old 03-09-2007, 02:52 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by YesItsLoaded

What would you do???
Go and see the FI manager and ask the GM to be present and have her explain (not aplogize) for her actions (PMS doesnt count).
Personally I wouldnt do them the favor of giving them my business if their employees act like that, no car is worth some bi** hanging up the phone on you the customer. There will be other 997TT on the lot.

If they dont somehow make right by you I would do any business with them, there is no reason she should have done that, I am basing this solely on your statement.

Old 03-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by ZEMDOGG
Wow! Braman is just out of control sometimes.
i think that they are no different than many so. fla. or so. calif dealers. when i was looking for a 997tt and called a so fla dealer and was asking why they are trying to get 13k over msrp, the guy told me that if you want a car from where it is warm and sunny, and where people have money, that is what you will pay us. braman is no worse or better-when they can take advantage of market conditions to get over list, they will.

Old 03-09-2007, 03:48 PM
Tony (FL) is infamous around these parts
I've always been treated well from Braman, so no complaints here.
I also have been looking for a 997TT but haven't bought one because I want a Tip. I'm probably going to put a back up deposit on this one in case the deal falls through.

Old 03-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
I have dealt with Braman through 2 cars in the past 3 weeks and the finance person, Carina, has helped me on both occassions she was always curteous and kind and everyone in that dealership from the GM (Sid) to my Salesperson Peter Sil has always treated me with respect, maybe there is another issue under all of this...was your credit score good enough to support that rate? That is a huge factor...

Old 03-09-2007, 04:27 PM
doccao is infamous around these parts
Hope you get everything worked out (as the car will be phenomenon). You are a smart consumer by investigating & negotiating. For me, if the car was in front of me I would've taken anything they hid from me just to get that car home fast!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Florida Porsche Dealer Finance Manager Hangs up on me while negotiating!