997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

When Is The 998 Hitting The Streets?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 05:20 AM
gradyex is infamous around these partsgradyex is infamous around these parts
Unhappy When Is The 998 Hitting The Streets?

Sorry if this is a repost, just delete it if its a repeat. Otherwise you heard it here folks! Yes gradyex is about to show you a small preview of the scetches of the 998 comming soon to a dealer near you. Go to this url (or copy and paste for more info). The owner of this web site got in touch with me because he was interested in my cars listing at EBAY but we did not quite come to terms with the price. After chatting on the phone he directed me to his website (www.autospies.com) and showed me this (fugly) drawing on whats supposed to be the initial scetchings of the upcoming 998. Have a look for yourself, its right in the center of the page below New York auto show photo under "latest automotive news".

Old 03-22-2007, 05:22 AM
jox
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Mmh... I think I'll pass if it looks anything like this

Old 03-22-2007, 05:40 AM
gradyex is infamous around these partsgradyex is infamous around these parts
I tried to upload that photo but for some reason the uploader wouldn't let me? Anyhow, I agree...looks like a flying saucer. Go read the small artical on the website and they give you some speculation on when this thing might actually hit the streets. I think the new Audi might be playing a role in getting the 998 to market sooner? Any thoughts?

Old 03-22-2007, 08:12 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
guys guys relax, that's just someone's sketch, you wont see anything like that anytime soon so enjoy your 997's!!!

Old 03-22-2007, 08:48 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Yeah DJ's right!
That was posted before...simply a shame to me

Old 03-22-2007, 08:52 AM
ZEMDOGG is infamous around these parts
It amazes me that everyone still gets all excited about these spy photots and weird scetches. It aint real until its real. Have faith! Porsche always seems to please! : )

Old 03-22-2007, 10:36 AM
jlingk is infamous around these parts
Is that the Chrysler Crossfire?

Old 03-22-2007, 10:41 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
The iconic 911 shape is here to stay. I know a lot of the automotive press have mentioned the 997 looks 'old' compared to some of the competition etc. but thats deliberate, not a design flaw. I mean the cars basic shape has never changed and it can still put the smack down on most other cars so long as the driver is well versed with how the car moves its mass around bends.

Porsche are more than likley going to introduce a new model, perhaps a coupe based off the 4-door platform under development now that will give them easy access to the base 100k big coupe market then they can get a little 'farther from the family look' design wise and still generate a nice profit margin.

I would venture a guess the next 911 will offer perhaps an aluminum frame, lots of plastic or carbon panels to keep the weight down, and perhaps direct injection to squeeze more life out of the flat six design while keeping it under 4 liters. I would love if it went back to basics vs. luxury (or at least offer a stripped option for 'regular' production models).

Last edited by gmoney; 03-22-2007 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:42 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Porsche need to add some sleekness to its vehicles, the bubble shape has been played out for a long time. I havent seen a porsche othar than the cayman that I like without a huge wing on it, what would we do without wings??????

Old 03-22-2007, 10:49 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
There in lies the problem...rear engine design makes for difficult exterior 'sleekness' vs. mid engine for example that gives greater freedom over front and rear body shape.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:17 AM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Porsche need to add some sleekness to its vehicles, the bubble shape has been played out for a long time. I havent seen a porsche othar than the cayman that I like without a huge wing on it, what would we do without wings??????
The Audi R8 didn't do anything to deter Porsche from making a more dramatic change in the 997-998 transition than the 996 to 997.

They have to. The 997 looks classic... almost too classic.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:47 AM
CyE55 is infamous around these parts
I think more interesting in that site was the story about the sales manager that ran a "buy one get one free" promotion at the Porsche dealer.

Did anyone else hear about that from anyone other than that web site. If it's true, that guy is truly a MORON ! And I'm bummed I didn't hear about it.

Cyrus

Old 03-22-2007, 01:38 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
Mmh... I think I'll pass if it looks anything like this

looks like a cheap version of veyron
i will pass...

Old 03-22-2007, 01:55 PM
unique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud of
hahahahha guys chilllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.....

the 997 is still so fresh like we barely got the gt3 released, gt2 is not even out and the 997tt cab is just coming out and u guys already want the 998....... hahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhhahah

Old 03-22-2007, 02:10 PM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
I heard words saying that the 997 is just the "test-mule car" of the future 998...considering the 997 is quite perfect...I can't imagine how the 998 will be...but it's too early to say now...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: When Is The 998 Hitting The Streets?