997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997TT as Daily Driver? Pros/Cons...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 08:21 AM
InTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud of
I bought mine to also drive daily. I used to have a garage queen 993 cab and I'm looking forward to putting miles and dirt on the 997TT.

It will be contending with Michigan winters and all...

Old 06-10-2008, 12:36 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
21k on mine so far...

Old 06-16-2008, 10:49 AM
cabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud of
I dont drive much on a daily basis but when I do its the way to go. I just dont bring it to malls or places that may compromise the car.

D

Old 06-16-2008, 12:34 PM
///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough
I would love to have one as a daily (soon enough....), seems there haven't been many issues reported.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:10 PM
noah677 is infamous around these parts
Except for dings and "loss of that special feeling" the tt is probably one of the best DDs in the world. I do limit my driving because I do love the special feeling I get time after time when I take it out. You can keep it stock or do the 750HP thing---but with DDing you always want more (IMHO).

By the way STAY AWAY FROM LANDROVERS--the hollywood types have made this car popular but it loves the repair station--lots of problems straight off the dealer floor.

Old 06-16-2008, 02:03 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Turned 10K on mine today, it's an awesome DD.

Old 06-16-2008, 05:11 PM
///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by noah677
Except for dings and "loss of that special feeling" the tt is probably one of the best DDs in the world. I do limit my driving because I do love the special feeling I get time after time when I take it out. You can keep it stock or do the 750HP thing---but with DDing you always want more (IMHO).

By the way STAY AWAY FROM LANDROVERS--the hollywood types have made this car popular but it loves the repair station--lots of problems straight off the dealer floor.
Agreed w/ the Rovers...I had my Sport for 10,000 miles before I got rid of it. I don't miss it one bit!

As for the dings...that is just part of a DD. This is why we have paintless dent removal guys (San Diego guys if you need someone I have a guy who comes to my shop who is AMAZING..PM me for info).

Old 06-19-2008, 07:16 PM
07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough
Thinking about a 997TT after my E63 lease is up. Question..As a DD, how do the rims and tires hold up over the 'extremely smooth' roads we have here in NJ and NY?
Is there a road hazard package that can be purchased?

Old 06-19-2008, 10:16 PM
MaxPorsche is infamous around these parts
No doubt about it!

Best DD there is. 23000 kms since 2/07, still driving each day with a big grin on my face, dropping the kids off at school in the morning before going to work, shopping , making trips through Qatar. Also our family of four made a great road trip over X-Mas and New Year through Saudi Arabia, U.A.E. and Oman. This included driving the best stretch of tarmac in the world, Jebel Hafeet in the UAE, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jebel_Hafeet. Couldn't take too much luggage for the two weeks (including X-Mas dinner outfits), but never had so much fun during a car holiday!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4745.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	72647   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5232.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	72648   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5224.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	72649   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5190.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	72650  
Old 06-20-2008, 06:21 AM
997ttt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MaxPorsche
Best DD there is. 23000 kms since 2/07, still driving each day with a big grin on my face, dropping the kids off at school in the morning before going to work, shopping , making trips through Qatar. Also our family of four made a great road trip over X-Mas and New Year through Saudi Arabia, U.A.E. and Oman. This included driving the best stretch of tarmac in the world, Jebel Hafeet in the UAE, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jebel_Hafeet. Couldn't take too much luggage for the two weeks (including X-Mas dinner outfits), but never had so much fun during a car holiday!
Beautiful pics!!!
I have an 11 year old daughter, she loves to go for long rides in the car. I just have to move my seat up a little to give her more leg room.
Qatar? Wow!

Lucky guy. Awesome car and beautiful family.
Enjoy....

Old 06-20-2008, 06:23 AM
997ttt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 07speed
Thinking about a 997TT after my E63 lease is up. Question..As a DD, how do the rims and tires hold up over the 'extremely smooth' roads we have here in NJ and NY?
Is there a road hazard package that can be purchased?
In 2005, I bought by 997s from Suncoast Porsche in Florida. I bought the road hazard package for the tires. I think the cost was about $500. I never used it. But, it is available.

Definitely a daily driver. Groceries, movies, work etc... just make sure to park smart.

enjoy..

Old 06-20-2008, 08:46 AM
RTEAMSTRADALE has a spectacular aura aboutRTEAMSTRADALE has a spectacular aura aboutRTEAMSTRADALE has a spectacular aura about
Turbo Cab is the best DD that I can think of. It can do it all. The swiss army knife of the sports car world. No other convertible can perform like the Turbo Cab, be all season & still have enough room for my 2 kids in the back. Over 4k miles on mine since picking it up in March. Use it everyday. Bought Champion wheels & put on the stock tires, kept the factory wheels & will put on all-seasons this December. Wouldnt want to take it out in a bad snow storm, have an suv for that but in case I'm at work and it starts to snow I want to know I can get home safely. I really cant think of another car I would rather be driving everyday. It blends the performance of a super car w/ the comfort and practicality of a GT,,,,, perfectly.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:10 AM
skyytek is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 997ttt
In 2005, I bought by 997s from Suncoast Porsche in Florida. I bought the road hazard package for the tires. I think the cost was about $500. I never used it. But, it is available.

Definitely a daily driver. Groceries, movies, work etc... just make sure to park smart.

enjoy..
IMO road hazard maybe worth it. I have used it 3 times on my m5 now. But each time it was a bit of a hassle to claim. But then it was dubious as to whether is was a pothole or not :-). I will probably get it though on my TT due next week.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:43 AM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
If you got it, drive it. What else would you do with it? Admire it all the time
Mine will be hammered, driven in the snow, sleet, rain, and since Chicago is the ultimate obstacle course. I look forward to avoiding potholes at 100+
When you shop have your crap shipped. When you buy groceries, take the wife's car

Old 06-20-2008, 10:01 AM
Paris_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by El Cholo Loco
I have had my 997TT for a couple of months now and using as daily driver. Absolutely incredible. No cons that I can think of. A much improvement over my 996TT.

About your Range Rover Sport Supercharged, are you also having issues? I am thinking about buying one for my wife but am starting to hear horror stories.
I had one.....100000000 of problems!!!!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997TT as Daily Driver? Pros/Cons...